PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

Jamie
11-23-2009, 16:26
Maybe I’m just being stupid, but I haven’t been able to find an explanation of why some of the maneuver decks have cards with orange flight paths in addition to the more typical blue ones. Can someone pls explain the significance of these orange flight path cards and in what circumstances they are used? Many thanks….

Greywolf
11-23-2009, 17:17
Maybe I’m just being stupid, but I haven’t been able to find an explanation of why some of the maneuver decks have cards with orange flight paths in addition to the more typical blue ones. Can someone pls explain the significance of these orange flight path cards and in what circumstances they are used? Many thanks….

the long red straight represents a dive. the shot one a climb.

if your playing the altitude rules then the dive card looses one altitude peg and all climb counters. if this brings you to altitude 0 then a climb counter will needed to be placed on your pilot panel. otherwise he'll crash.

The climb card gives you one climb counter. each plane as a climb rate. check out the miniature rules book or burning Draken rule book for what each planes climb rate is. [you can find a PDF version of these in the file section]

eg Fokker Dr 1 has a climb rate of 2.

Also check the rule books as you may have to play a certain card before or after certain cards. eg a straight card after a climb. or staright card before and after you play the Immelmann man etc

Hope this helps.

btw Welcome to WWA Jamie,

have a look at the top of the WWA site you'll see two handy sections:

Locate player where you can find local players who might want to have a game. Just find your country and join the group. Also up date the google player map with your location so others can see how far you are away from them

Files section is where you can find some great resources to make your WoW/DoW games more exciting and realistic.

Cheers
GW

Oberst Hajj
11-23-2009, 18:17
Welcome to the site Jamie, and glad we were able to get you sorted out.

bsmith13
11-23-2009, 18:24
Welcome Jamie! As you can see, any questions you may have about Wings of War will be quickly answered here.

The Blue Baron
11-24-2009, 00:36
Welcome aboard, Jamie!

Jamie
11-24-2009, 17:57
Thanks for the words of welcome and the info! Regards, J-

Greywolf
11-24-2009, 19:00
Thanks for the words of welcome and the info! Regards, J-

no probs anytime. Ask us any question I am sure there will be some one on here who can answer it for you....

cheers
GW

Lines
07-14-2011, 03:28
So when I´m using the altitude rules and play a dive/straigth card I only use the dive and ignore the straight, right? I don´t peform the straight and loose one hight level after it?
Same with stall/climb?

Thanks,
Lines

Oberst Hajj
07-14-2011, 06:16
Not sure what you are really asking here. If the three maneuver cards you selected for this turn are: Right Turn, Dive, Straight, you would first turn to the right, dive one level of altitude and finally move straight. The dive card has no effect on the straight card after it.

The only time it does if you are doing an Overdive. That would be these three cards: Stall, Dive, Straight. IN this move, you would do a stall, then a dive (loss one level of altitude) and finally a straight (and loss yet another level of altitude).

You can not play stall and a climb back to back legally, so that should not really come up.

Lugburz
07-14-2011, 06:56
It has always bugged me that there is a conflict of interests between the "overdive" card rules and the "no consecutive steep maneuvers in a row" caveat. I feel as though an overdive should potentially cause engine or structural damage, as this would reflect the stress and strain implied by consecutive steep maneuvers (which is normally prohibited for obvious reasons).

:confused:
Lugz

Skyguy001
07-14-2011, 07:56
It has always bugged me that there is a conflict of interests between the "overdive" card rules and the "no consecutive steep maneuvers in a row" caveat. I feel as though an overdive should potentially cause engine or structural damage, as this would reflect the stress and strain implied by consecutive steep maneuvers (which is normally prohibited for obvious reasons).

:confused:
Lugz

The overdive or nosedive was created for the more agile planes and not all planes, two seaters can not overdive as they are not capable of the immelmann manoeuvre... and I think it is nice that the rookie pilot has a tricky move up his sleave even though he doesn't have the ace ability of daredevil.... to do an immelmann right after an over dive would be a great thing to do if you anjoy skydiving with no parachute. :sick::cry:

IRM
07-14-2011, 08:48
It's not an uncommon house rule to have aircraft not noted for their durability/diving ability to have to draw a damage card for trying this manoeuvre. In other words, don't try it in a Nieuport or an Albatros unless you've a parachute or several rolls of duct-tape to hand :)

Linz
07-14-2011, 14:42
Please correct me if I am wrong but an over dive is a house rule or is it in some revised set of rules?
Linz

Oberst Hajj
07-14-2011, 15:19
It is an official optional rule found in the altitude section of BD.

Linz
07-15-2011, 03:39
Dam missed that one. Will use it in the future.
Cheers
Linz