PDA

View Full Version : Sat. impromptu game with The Cowman

CappyTom
07-25-2011, 02:54
Well I went up to Columbus and had a impromptu game with Ken.
We used his damage deck... that being said.;)
I couldn't hit anything. My DrI and albatross were being shot down:guns::crash: left and right. Ken had a camel:camel: and his infamous hereford Se5. I was putting plenty of shots in just they were zeros or ones.:surrender:
Next time Ken we use my decks.:p
All in all we had a blast. I would say this was Ken's finest hour. We played at a house/comic book store. Can't remember the name:confused:, what was it Ken?
Looking forward to the 7th and a rematch.:thumbsup:

:salute:
Tom

The Cowman
07-25-2011, 11:31
Hmmmm I wonder why I can't see all of the Emoticons... bummer!

As for our game... you had me dead to rights more than once... in fact I made a couple of very foolish mistakes... but you had a black cloud over your head when it came to the cards... Even on the two collisions you were unlucky!

I wish I had pics but no Camera. You did get Payback by making me stay up til 4 in the morning watching vids and playing XBox... (yesiree folks he twisted my arm!!!) I slept till like 3 the next day! ;)

Albert Ross
07-25-2011, 12:28
:eek:Sounds like you encountered his secret weapon: the COW gun!;)

The more sophisticated design, the 37-mm "C.O.W. gun" from the Coventry Ordnance Works was a pre-war invention, but development was so protracted that it failed to see service use before 1918. It used a long-recoil action, weighed a remarkably light 140 lbs (64 kg), and fired 1.5-lb (0.68-kg) shells from 5-round clips at 60 rpm. Muzzle velocity was 2000 ft/sec (615 m/sec). Unfortunately, recoil was horrific enough that few aircraft could fire it without damage.

Many aircraft were designed around the C.O.W. gun in the expectation that its development would proceed smoothly. One of the most extraordinary was the Royal Aircraft Factory FE.6. This combined standard RE.5 wings with a two-seat nacelle and a 120-hp Austro-Daimler engine driving a four-bladed pusher propeller. The tail surfaces were carried on a slender, tubular, metal tail boom that passed through the hollow airscrew shaft. All elevator- and rudder-control cables were routed through the inside of the boom to a point just ahead of the tailplane. A substantial oleo-strut undercarriage was fitted. Needless to say, the structure was dangerously weak and prone to distortion. The aircraft flew for 45 min on its first flight in 1914. But its subsequent history is obscure. By 1915, it had been broken up for RE.5 spares.

http://www.century-of-flight.net/Aviation%20history/airplane%20at%20war/nocturnal%20defence.htm

CappyTom
07-25-2011, 17:18
Well I got some kills in finally. Played with a friend Kevin and introduced the game to another guy named Austin. And no not everyone in Ada is named Austin just some.

It started out with Kevin flying a red Albatross and Austin flying another Albatross. Then I had a Spad and a Nieuport. They hit my Nieuport with a engine damage and some high numbers. My spad took minimal damage as did theirs. After a few turns Austin had to go to football practice. So, Kevin and I finished the game. We both were flying quite well then I got lucky and my Nieuport shot down the multi colored Albatross. Kevin tried to separated my planes, I used my Nieuport as bait and Kevin underestimated the speed of my Spad. They both got shots on him and he went down. Kevin did get a shot at my Nieuport and she was pretty shot up but managed to get back to base. They salvaged what they could and junked the rest.

:salute:
Tom
Here is some shots taken.

The Cowman
07-25-2011, 20:34
Always make sure your mechanics salvage your lucky cup holder... can't have you flying without Cappy...

And I see that the door to the Men's room in the Church Basement still does not stay closed! ;)

Flying Officer Kyte
07-26-2011, 00:46
Glad to hear that you all had a great time. Must get some flying in myself before i forget how to do it. I have never gone three weeks without a game before.
All my mates are off on jobs or otherwise engaged, and as this weekend is my 40th Wedding anav, there will be no chance there.:hmm:
Rob.

CappyTom
07-26-2011, 02:19
Always make sure your mechanics salvage your lucky cup holder... can't have you flying without Cappy...

And I see that the door to the Men's room in the Church Basement still does not stay closed! ;)

Got the cup holder out of course. And you know we have an open door policy here at our church. Makes you feel welcome.

Tom

CappyTom
07-26-2011, 02:20
Glad to hear that you all had a great time. Must get some flying in myself before i forget how to do it. I have never gone three weeks without a game before.
All my mates are off on jobs or otherwise engaged, and as this weekend is my 40th Wedding anav, there will be no chance there.:hmm:
Rob.

I know how you feel Rob. I try to get a game in at least once a week.

Tom

Royals
07-26-2011, 13:16
I had a game last night myself. I made some mistakes and have even worse luck with my damage draws. I haven't had a game in a long while where I haven't drawn at least one explosion card. This was the first time we played using altitude. I played with the DR.I and the D.Va while my roommate used the Camel and the Snipe. Right off the bat the Albatross was hit by the Snipe and the Camel for a total of seven damage and a pilot wounded. The Dr.I subsequentally caught fire and ended up exploding from the fire. The Albatross went down due to going above the altitude ceiling; I mistakenly played a climb instead of a dive and no one was even around him.

I'll be sure to take pictures soon! I love looking at everyone's photos!

Aero825
07-26-2011, 20:08
Sounds like fun! Wish I were there! I want Origins back!!!!!:cry:

Albert Ross
07-26-2011, 23:30
Sounds like fun! Wish I were there! I want Origins back!!!!!:cry:

Come down to Williamsburg for the Guns of August!

Aero825
07-27-2011, 07:20
Ooh, now there's an idea.

Albert Ross
07-27-2011, 11:28
Ooh, now there's an idea.

Hope to see you there - but watch out for She Devils!