PDA

View Full Version : WGSB: Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

toddwf
07-24-2011, 17:42
Submit a Book ReviewBook Title:
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption Author:
Laura Hillenbrand ISBN:
978-1400064168 Category:
Biography Format:
Hardback Summary:
An amazing story of human survival. It is at times funny, depressing, and uplifting. Louie Zamparini and the other soldiers in this book really show what it means to be resilient in the face of hell. Really, anyone that complains about their life should really be able to laugh at their tiny problems after reading what a lot of veterans of WWII have been through.

This book recounts the life of Louie Zamparini; a troubled youth turned world-class Olympic long-distance runner, turned WWII bombardier, turned Japanese POW. The book was very hard to put down. Especially after Louie joined the Army Air Corps. Laura Hillenbrand does an amazing job of telling Louie's story.

I very highly recommend this book.

Todd

Gotham Resident
01-14-2015, 09:09
I read this last summer (and so did my wife, she doesn't war books, but prefers history). This is amazing. What a person can endure is unbelievable, and the story is really well told.. Laura H did a LOT of research into this and it is a great read. With the movie out now, it should be high on your reading list.