PDA

View Full Version : Just played my first game...

alpine
07-18-2011, 22:54
..and I gotta say that was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. I think my other 3 players agreed as well!

No mission or scenario or anything, just wanted to get used to the game at first. I have 2 miniatures and after that first game I can assure you that more are going to be on the table ASAP! SOOO much easier to move those things around than the little cards. I was in my BF-109E-4, friend 1 in Spitfire MK.1, friend 2 in a MK.2, and friend 3 in a Bf-109 as well. Looking back at it, we could have had a really cool team game going, but now I know that for next time.
Friend 2 was the first one out, but that was only because I was lucky enough to draw my fair share of 0's. I was out shortly after that, flying around with 1HP trying to make it back home! The last battle was finished shortly with Friend 1 sweeping left for the kill.

I have a terrible habit of joining hobbies. I think WoW will be about my 15th hobby or so. I WANT MORE! :D

The Cowman
07-18-2011, 23:06
Glad to hear you have caugh the bug... keep on buyin' and keep on flyin'. Welcome to WoW Aerodrome Addicts Anonymous! ;)

Olt^Jones
07-19-2011, 00:25
Welcome aboard in the "tunnel" of Wings of War, Michael! :minis:

check your six! ;)

CappyTom
07-19-2011, 01:18
Sounds like you guys had a blast. Look forward to seeing some photos next time.
Also after you get use to the mechanics of the game try flying 2 planes each:drinks:. Now that's a fur-ball;).

:salute:
Tom

Royals
07-19-2011, 08:19
I'm glad you enjoyed the game. My friends and I are hooked as well.

richard m schwab
07-19-2011, 15:45
Michael!

Once you get that first mission under your belt you are hooked! The more players you can get the more fun you will have!

Rich

Max Headroom
07-21-2011, 18:00
I don't know what your problem is with cards! That's all I use and actually find it easier, especially when there's a lot on the table causing overlaps/collisions! But I do admit, the minis are cool...

alpine
07-21-2011, 20:36
Nothing wrong with the cards. I build model aircraft, mostly WWII because I'm obsessed with all of them, and when given the opportunity to actually play games with more models is just too good for me to pass up. I love collecting things, and I love miniature replicas of aircraft. Plus, if it weren't for the minis I don't think my friends would be as hooked as they are. Hate to say it, but it's true lol.

Nightbomber
07-22-2011, 03:11
Nothing wrong with the cards. I build model aircraft, mostly WWII because I'm obsessed with all of them, and when given the opportunity to actually play games with more models is just too good for me to pass up. I love collecting things, and I love miniature replicas of aircraft. Plus, if it weren't for the minis I don't think my friends would be as hooked as they are. Hate to say it, but it's true lol.

Good to hear there are more adicts in model building and playing Dow and WoW:) I started with building models of WWII axis aircraft (many built, much more still inboxes) and some time got hooked to these games with miniatures. Great fun for me and my 4-5 neighbours.:)