PDA

View Full Version : Valley Flight AAR 6-14

Albert Ross
07-15-2011, 21:20
Herr Oberst: as we suspected, the Frenchies chose to mark their Bastille Day by staging an impudent show of force over our lines. However their arrogance was soon replaced with dismay when they found our welcome committee waiting for them!

I led my section of three Fokker DVII's directly toward the nearest Frenchmen while my wingman took his three Albatrosses and engaged their English allies1672016721
A furious dogfight ensued with the English getting the worst of it. Lt. Goring was in the thick of the action from the start and brought down at least one SE5a as well has damaging another and a French machine, but heavily damaged, he was last seen falling to earth on our side of the lines. Army patrols have been sent to locate the wreckage of the Fokker. My wingman's Albatross was hit early on and suffered engine damage and a fuel line fire, but he heroically managed to steer his machine home and land safely. For this outstanding feat of airmanship, I have no hesitation in recommending him for the Iron Cross, Second Class. :medal:
Lt.'s Udet, Schaeffer and Jentsch destroyed a SPAD and two SE5a's in quick succession, and the French, now bereft of all support from their allies, turned for home as fast as their battered machines could carry them. Victory was ours!
Thanks to Richard (The Count) for hosting a great evening's gaming
:thumbsup:

Misdomingo
07-15-2011, 21:29
Bravo! Bastille Day will never be the same again!

Aero825
07-18-2011, 22:20
Great Photos! I love the story too! However it seemed that the Germans had the advantage in this, because they had 3 Albatroses to the Allies 2 SPADs and 1 Nieuport, which is an outmatched plane. But an amazing AAR nonetheless!!! :clap::medal:

The Cowman
07-18-2011, 23:04
Outstanding! Nice complicated furball of a battle and an AAR!

Albert Ross
07-18-2011, 23:33
Great Photos! I love the story too! However it seemed that the Germans had the advantage in this, because they had 3 Albatroses to the Allies 2 SPADs and 1 Nieuport, which is an outmatched plane. But an amazing AAR nonetheless!!! :clap::medal:

Oddly enough, the "Nieuport that could" survived almost unscathed, despite mixing it up with Fokker DVII's too!

Flying Officer Kyte
07-19-2011, 05:19
Thanks for the AAr. Stuart. Keep them coming. I have been grounded now for about three weeks. All my buddies are outof the frame except Stormkahn.
Rob.