PDA

View Full Version : Wilhelm and Carl strike again

Linz
07-03-2011, 01:28
Just returned from the front.
A routine patrol over our lines Carl in the DVI and me in the DVIII we encountered a camel and a snipe the camel peeled of to gain height while we attacked the snipe in the ensuing scrap we got some good shots in. Unfortunately my plane suffer some major damage so I bugged out to get some repairs leaving Carl to sort out the snipe the camel staying away from our guns after Carl had put a couple of good bursts into it. He returned to take out the snipe. They got into a tussle and smoke was soon pouring out of Carls plane yet still pressed home his attack. By now my plane was repaired so I started to head back into the fray only to see Carl and the snipe go head to head. Carls plane plummeted towards the ground but thankfully Carl survived the rough landing and managed to escape hi plane before it exploded.
The snipe tried to head home with flames streaming from his engine he only got a short distance before his aircraft exploded and the wreckage crashed behind our lines.
The camel had finally come back into the fight. Trying to get me as I left our airfield but with a quick sideslip I escaped its guns and soon had it lined up in mine. The battle continued between 500m and 1000m with some close shaves with hills and trees. Some quick turns Immelmanns climbing and sideslips while the DVIII out classed the camel it did get the drop on me a couple of times before I flicked an Immelmann and gave it a huge blast at close range :guns:right into it's tail and huge pieces of the plane flew off the aircraft went into a death spin and plowed a great furrow in the ground. Much to my surprise the pilot staggered from the wreck and was quickly nabbed by our valient forces. I've sent a car to collect the pilot. It was a gallant fight and we shall dine together tonight and salute the fallen. :salute::pint::salute:

gully_raker
07-03-2011, 04:16
:eek: Thanks Linz!:thumbsup: sounds like a tough Dogfight.;)

Flying Officer Kyte
07-03-2011, 04:23
Very entertaining Linz. How do you deal with popping off for repairs. Do you have a set time out of play, or do you actually land and get a proper job done?
Rob.

Linz
07-03-2011, 13:14
You have to fly to you airfield (one for each side at opposing corners) reduce height so last maneuver is dive to no pegs and this gets you on the runway.
Then you have to stay there till all your damage cards are written off. We place the damage cards face down over the movement places on the aircraft management board. One card is removed for each maneuver card (including 0 damage)played while the plane is being repaired.
The risk you take is that if all the aircraft from your side are shoot down while you are being repaired then you have forfeited the game and are considered forced down.
Great way of leveling up the game if an aircraft gets damaged badly early on.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-04-2011, 00:52
Yes Linz! Sounds like a rule I would like to employ in my games. I think having to include 0 cards in the repairs a bit harsh though, but if you think it's needed to keep the game balanced I will give it a go.:thumbsup:
Rob.

The Cowman
07-04-2011, 01:01
Linz, if I use that rule, can the mechanics all be beautiful British bombshells??? ;)

Linz
07-04-2011, 01:46
Ken the mechanics can be as beautiful as you can mould and paint 144 scale figures.
Adding in the 0 cards gives the opponent the opportunity to do some real damage to your allies so you only want to use this sparingly.
Linz

Albert Ross
07-09-2011, 11:46
Sounds like a good idea - might try this here in the Valley next week:thumbsup: