PDA

View Full Version : Hangars for the new Series 1 planes

Oberst Hajj
06-30-2011, 05:54
Now that we know the Series 1 reprint is going to have two new paint jobs for all four plane types, what are your thoughts on how to add them to the line of Hangar trays?

To break it down, we are getting 8 new planes to go along with the 16 we already have.

A few options would be:

One tray to hold all 6 paint jobs of single plane type (so a tray full of Dr.Is or SPAD XIII for example)? This would basically mean replacing the Series 1 Hangars we have now.

One tray to hold the four new Entente planes and one to hold the four new Central Powers planes, with maybe some extra card slots to fill in the rest of the tray?

Anyone else have some ideas?

wargamer
06-30-2011, 06:03
Since one of the camels is a captured bird, 5 central, 3 entente might confuse things more. However that goes, I would prefer the six of a type method myself - would help on the squadron setups.

Tommy Z
06-30-2011, 07:19
One tray, one type would be my preference as well.

costampede
06-30-2011, 13:26
I like the first option. I can use my old trays to hold my repaints.

Hunter
07-01-2011, 13:58
Ich würde auch einen Behälter für ein Flugzeugbaumuster, Herr Oberst bevorzugen, danke für das Bitten. :salute: (one tray per type)

Diamondback
07-01-2011, 14:32
Really, I had just planned on ordering a second of each required hangar and seeing about getting a full "Drome Combo" back without the RDS slab. Why reinvent the wheel, unless there's a way to safely fit more planes into less space?

That said, six-packs make sense for the customizers, cards can always go into the "Ammo Dump."

Hmmm... I just had an idea for a related project using a different container--ever consider a "Mini Hangar" to fit into .50-caliber ammo-cans?

Oberst Hajj
07-01-2011, 22:16
Okay, sounds like most of you would prefer a single tray to hold all 6 official paint jobs for each plane type. I think those can be added to the product line with any issues.

Really, I had just planned on ordering a second of each required hangar and seeing about getting a full "Drome Combo" back without the RDS slab. Why reinvent the wheel, unless there's a way to safely fit more planes into less space?

That said, six-packs make sense for the customizers, cards can always go into the "Ammo Dump."

Hmmm... I just had an idea for a related project using a different container--ever consider a "Mini Hangar" to fit into .50-caliber ammo-cans?

Besides custom orders, all of the Hangars will stay at 6 planes and their maneuver decks. One could very easily just order another S1E and S1C hanger and have two empty slots in each of the trays. Those could be used for custom repaints or just an extra mini of the type.

As for Ammo Can hangars, I could do those as customs. I just need the dimensions of the inside of the can and what planes you want on each tray.

usmc1855
07-02-2011, 07:09
Yes... One tray to hold all 6 paint jobs of single plane type.

Ed2
07-06-2011, 09:28
Yes... One tray to hold all 6 paint jobs of single plane type.

What he said.