PDA

View Full Version : Building the Reviresco Hanover CL3.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-23-2011, 12:52
Building the Reviresco Hanover CL3 .

1. Clean up the casting.
2. Drill all holes to clear out burrs including the prop boss.
3. Temporarily affix the under wing.
4. Spray all parts white with primer.

5. Remove wing.
6. Over paint all parts which will have decals with a thin white wash of acrylic paint. Several coats may be needed to cover fully.
7. Cut out decals to the outline.

8. Paint all the coloured parts of the plane.

9. Brush micro set to the sides and tail of the model.
10. Affix side decals to the body.
11. Fix decals to the tail in a similar manner
12. Apply decals to the upper side of the lower wing and lower side of the upper wing.

13. Glue lower wing to body.

14. Glue tail plane to body.
15. Position cabine struts and glue to body.(Use top wing as a jig to ensure correct alignment.

16. Cut four main struts from wire and open holes in the wings with a drill angled to suit the rake of the struts.(ensure struts do not protrude.)

17. Glue struts in place.

18. Fill holes with filler and then smooth down with wet and dry paper.
19. Apply micro set and the decals to the top and bottom wings.

20. Brush micro set over the entire decal areas and leave to set over night.
21. Turn plane upside down and assemble landing gear.

22. Touch up paint on all struts.
23. Varnish to taste.
The only difficult part of this assembly is positioning and gluing the cabine struts. Take your time and ensure it all works easily dry before using glue.

Rob.

Boney10
06-23-2011, 14:06
Nicely Done Wing Co

Wombat
06-23-2011, 14:18
Nice result! :)

miker
06-23-2011, 15:32
Any problems with the body transfers?
Being curved and long AND wet!

Linz
06-23-2011, 16:14
Superb as usual Rob
Those transfers must be a begger to get right.
Great how to very easy to follow
Thanks
Linz

richard m schwab
06-23-2011, 18:54
Rob!

Very nice! You have done it again!:thumbsup:

Rich

Hunter
06-23-2011, 19:25
Rob,

Your artistry overshadows your keen ability to tweak the English language. Nicely done, Sir!

Terry

somaliavet
06-23-2011, 19:50
That looks great! You make the large wraparound decals sound deceptively simple. Quite frankly they scare me! lol

Flying Officer Kyte
06-23-2011, 23:53
Thanks very much for the accolades and plaudits chaps. That's just for you Terry!
As most of you have mentioned the decals, I will say a few words about them. I entered into the decalling with great trepidation. As they were bought in with the plane I only had one shot at it, so the first thing I did was scan them so as to be able to produce a backup if needed.
They actually went on very easily, and wrapped themselves around the body almost as if they were full of static electricity. this was good, as home made ones, because of the need to overspray with varnish tend to curl away from bends, and this causes problems.
The slot in the tail part of the decal was a worry, but actually helped to locate the decal in the correct place. I fitted the decal round the tail plane, and then held it there whilst slipping the bearer sheet out laterally along the fuselage. This also helped to align the decal as it went down. Despite all the instructions saying not to do it this way, I find it the best system to ensure accuracy the first time and to prevent creases occuring. Get it right without having to fiddle about a lot, and many of the problems never occur.
Don't forget to use your micro set first.

Hope this is a help.
Rob.

Niclas
06-24-2011, 07:20
I'm more or less a complete novice when it comes to decals and I'm currently struggling with getting just basic ones to look even remotely passable.
So this build frankly scares me.
Must admit though - It looks really nice!

/Niclas

Burt
06-24-2011, 07:45
Nice one Rob.:thumbsup:
You make it look so easy.
I have not been brave enough to use the Reviresco decals yet.:eek:
Maybe I should give it a try.:confused:
Can you recommend an easy one to start with.
Don

Boney10
06-24-2011, 10:18
An easier for the first time may be trying Reviresco Halberstadt CL2

Flying Officer Kyte
06-24-2011, 10:58
I would go with the Sopwith Pup myself. One reason is that the plane itself is an easy build, and second if you do mess up you can always paint it in the normal way and add some ordinary roundels.
Rob.

grumpybear
06-24-2011, 15:53
Thanks very much for the accolades and plaudits chaps. That's just for you Terry!
As most of you have mentioned the decals, I will say a few words about them. I entered into the decalling with great trepidation. As they were bought in with the plane I only had one shot at it, so the first thing I did was scan them so as to be able to produce a backup if needed.
They actually went on very easily, and wrapped themselves around the body almost as if they were full of static electricity. this was good, as home made ones, because of the need to overspray with varnish tend to curl away from bends, and this causes problems.
The slot in the tail part of the decal was a worry, but actually helped to locate the decal in the correct place. I fitted the decal round the tail plane, and then held it there whilst slipping the bearer sheet out laterally along the fuselage. This also helped to align the decal as it went down. Despite all the instructions saying not to do it this way, I find it the best system to ensure accuracy the first time and to prevent creases occuring. Get it right without having to fiddle about a lot, and many of the problems never occur.
Don't forget to use your micro set first.

Hope this is a help.
Rob.

Thanks doing a large decal project now, all tips hulpful. [a staaken]

Hunter
06-24-2011, 17:40
Thanks doing a large decal project now, all tips hulpful. [a staaken]

I have been considering the SkyTrex Staaken :eek: with some trepidation. :erk: I'll put the Staaken off until after I'm finished with Shapeways planes I've ordered! :pray::minis:

gully_raker
06-24-2011, 20:06
:thumbsup: Beautiful Work Rob. That aircraft looks really Awesome.:clap::clap::clap:

Flying Officer Kyte
06-25-2011, 00:59
I have been considering the SkyTrex Staaken :eek: with some trepidation. :erk: I'll put the Staaken off until after I'm finished with Shapeways planes I've ordered! :pray::minis:

You can see how I tackled the Staaken in the "How To" section Terry.
Rob.

Stormkahn
06-25-2011, 02:01
Nice to see how you got to the final result Rob, purse out of a sows ear as always :)

Bravo