PDA

View Full Version : Wing Club 7 Released

kaufschtick
06-06-2011, 22:01
I've been waiting on this set for about two and a half years now....:drunk:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WING-KIT-COLLECTION-F-TOYS-Vol-7-BOX-1-144-SET-9-/260796034021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb8a7abe5

P-40s &b P-39s, get em' while they're hot!:thankyou:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t163/kaufschtick/Message%20Board%20Pics/wingclub7.jpg

Oh yeah, they also have Me-109s too...:p

The Cowman
06-06-2011, 23:50
Nice... Rob we are really going to have to get together with Tom and a couple of other guys and spend an afternoon playing DoW. The more I look at it, the more I am fearing it may become a new obsession... especially with planes like these available.

costampede
06-07-2011, 02:00
I have already got the A version of the P39 and P40. :-)

trumpetman52
06-07-2011, 05:07
Rob / Ken
sounds good to me. If we were to make it far enough ahead of time for scheduling, i could probably bring James with me too.
a nice air conditioned room with soft drinks on a hot summer day :clap:
trumpetman52 (Tom)

Baldrick62
06-07-2011, 10:18
P39s and P40s; got to be happy with that! I'm a little surprised, given that they were the major user, that there isn't a Soviet P39 in the mix. While the RAF P39 looks 'unusual', I think they were only flown on a single operational mission before the RAF rejected them as unsuitable.

From memory, the P39 special is another USAAF aircraft, while the P40 is RAAF, but in Western Desert colours like the RAF 112 Sqn one rather than SWPA.

Bartman
06-07-2011, 11:54
Do those who play with the 1/144 scale WWII aircraft also use the NG official minis?

Does the difference detract from the look of the game? It seems like it would.

kaufschtick
06-07-2011, 12:42
P39s and P40s; got to be happy with that! I'm a little surprised, given that they were the major user, that there isn't a Soviet P39 in the mix.

Yes, me too, but I've already got that base covered...:guns:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t163/kaufschtick/Allied%20Wings%20of%20War/144new098.jpg

Do those who play with the 1/144 scale WWII aircraft also use the NG official minis?

Does the difference detract from the look of the game? It seems like it would.

Well, that is actually a very interesting question. Personally, I kinda like to stick with one scale, so I would not be in favor of gaming with 1/144 scale and the 1/200 scale planes in the same game. BUT, all the WWI planes are in 1/144 scale, so I kinda like having my WWII stuff in that same scale.

However, had I been able to wait for NG to put out all the WWII planes that I have been able to get my paws on already in 1/144 scale, I probably would prefer the 1/200 scale just for the space saving alone. Smaller planes = more playing area/more planes in the game, vs the larger size 1/144 planes.

My saving grace in having not been able to wait for NG to get the ball rolling on the WWII stuff, is that fortunately for me, Wings of War plays very well with just a few planes involved. 1 or 2 planes per player is generally about it, so I've been able to fair pretty well with the larger sized 1/144 scale stuff. Any larger though, and playing space would definately become an issue for someone like me who has limited playing space normally.

Nice... Rob we are really going to have to get together with Tom and a couple of other guys and spend an afternoon playing DoW. The more I look at it, the more I am fearing it may become a new obsession... especially with planes like these available.

Rob / Ken
sounds good to me. If we were to make it far enough ahead of time for scheduling, i could probably bring James with me too. A nice air conditioned room with soft drinks on a hot summer day :clap:

trumpetman52 (Tom)

Boy, that sure does sound good. I've been playing the H-E-Double-Toothpicks out of Axis & Allies Global Alpha+2 for too long now, and it's been way too long since my last game of WoW!! :dazed:

I wasn't planning on it this year, but I may have to see how the ole' work schedule plays out over Origins weekend, which is a bad time for me, being in the retail grocery world, because that weekend falls right at the begining of a super busy period in the grocery business, leading up to the 4th of July Holiday. It's a problem every year for me and Origins; work just smoothers me on any Holiday, and the 4th is a big one.

It's so hard to get away from work in fact on any holiday, that that is one reason a buddy of mine and myself opted to try for GenCon this year, that way I don't have to worry about dodging a holiday.

Baldrick62
06-10-2011, 13:35
Correction to my last; the 'Specials' are a USAAF P39, a SWPA (rather than Western Desert) P40E of 77Sqn RAAF and a British-captured Bf109E.

kaufschtick
06-17-2011, 20:11
Ordered a pair of Aleutian Tigers today, althought I have a pair of my own do-it-yourself ones already. I like the wheels down, clear canopy looks...I like the other three schemes for the P-40Es, the Aussie ones could be kinda pricey to try to get a pair of though! :eek:

I wanna grab the British P-39s, but they really just never used them, so...and the P-39 special is a kinda odd scheme with all the white strips and such, not sure if that one is a trainer?:confused:

I may wind up grabbing all the P-40E variants though, I just dig that old dog for some strange reason!:salute:

Correction to my last; the 'Specials' are a USAAF P39, a SWPA (rather than Western Desert) P40E of 77Sqn RAAF and a British-captured Bf109E.

I think WotC already did the "captured Me-109" in British markings though for AAM! :p

Oberst Hajj
06-17-2011, 21:28
Thanks for the announcement... will have to really look at these once I get back from Origins.

kaufschtick
06-27-2011, 15:19
The first of six (so far; it'll be eight by the end of the week) P-40Es arrived the other day. Wing Kit 7, simply superb!

The folks making these are really getting on top of the game, they came with two sets of markings, so you have the three paint schemes, but two sets of markings per scheme, not counting the special, which I'm sure comes with two sets of markings too.

Next to arrive will be the Flying Tiger Es, then a pair of British Es. I'm working a deal for a pair of the Aussie Es, should have that closed by weeks end! :pint:

My old, do-it-yourself Aleutian Tigers are looking to get a make over into Russain p-40s, or maybe I'l use the alternate decales?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t163/kaufschtick/Tigers/Tigers011.jpg

I'm kinda suprised that the last set of planes I saw on E Bay; that had the four bladed Corsair; not too many of those look to be had anywhere. I don't know if they just didn't make a whole lot of them or what, but I don't see too many at all listed on E Bay.

Accordingly, I'm grabbing the P-40Es while they're around, as I haven't seen a whole lot of listings for those either, since they appeared.

The last pair I got, the British ones, I was able to pick up for $10.50 USD apiece, including the shipping. For $10.50, I couldn't go to my local FLAGS and get them at that price including the gas to make the trip! But somehow, I can get them shipped to me, directly to my front door from Japan! That always amazes me!:confused:

Go figure.

kaufschtick
06-29-2011, 07:49
Whoopie! P-40E specials ordered!

Bring on a pair of Astralian P-40Es!