PDA

View Full Version : Death From Incindiary Bullets

Charlie3
11-11-2009, 09:52
It's not what you think read on.

At our game last night LGKR was discussing his research as to how many ace pilots from WWI lost their lives. He mentioned that a surprising number of them died because incindiary ammo was fairly unstable and just ignited or exploded all on its own without being hit from enemy fire! (likely just heat from the engine?) We made a joke about an optional rule to cover just such an event for Game Flavor

After thinking about it I was curious how some of you might go about adding an optional rule like this.

Leuchtturm
11-11-2009, 10:54
The much hated explosion card may reflect this event, altough linked to the shooting from another plane, anyway it would be linked to a card due the nature of the game.

Oberst Hajj
11-11-2009, 13:44
First, you would have to decide which planes were loaded with incendiary bullets.

Method 1
For those planes, if they dealt a jam card and explosion to an enemy plane in a single shot, they them selves would explode. The target plane would then draw two new cards and take that damage instead.

Method 2
Any time a plane loaded with incendiary bullets jammed, they would pull an A damage card from the community deck. Apply any flame, smoke, or explosion special damage. Ignore all other special damage and number point damage. Either reshuffle the card back into the deck, or place it on the bottom.

I personally would go for method 2 as it would happen way more often then method 1, but it would still be pretty rare.

CappyTom
11-11-2009, 16:33
Very good methods. How about
Method 3. Every time a plane with incendiary bullets makes a <> turn or maneuver he draws an A-deck card shows everyone and if its an explosion he's dead anything else and its put back in the deck.

LazyEyedPsycho
11-12-2009, 07:47
I like method #2 personally.