PDA

View Full Version : WWII: Revised Deluxe Set ???

Dan-Sam
06-01-2011, 00:37
Does anyone know of the intention to issue revised De Luxe Set for WWII? I would play minis, but I have not the DoW (tokens) and I prefer colour schemes of separate minis (they are much better then planes from De Luxe Set).
What is in the DL set and in minis not? (except tokens and playsheets) :confused: Thank you for your answers guys :)

Nightbomber
06-01-2011, 04:06
Daniel, In DL there are 4 planes, cards and tokens - the whole set needed to play the game. In every single mini you buy apart from the DL set you get: a mini, a base with 4 pegs, a plane card and a plane's manoeuver deck - no tokens. These you will find in box versions: DOW, FFS or DL. I own DoW, FFS and 9 minis (2 spits, 2 Bf109, 2 Zeros, 2 Widcats plus a Stuka) to be able to fight 2 - 2 on different theatres. Now ordered 5 others and waiting. All in all it becomes an expensive passion:)
But in the end you may substitute tokens with i.e. custom damage cards. What would be left - rulebooks and special tokens (i.e. ace abilities)
As for me, I wouldn't buy a deluxe set just for the minis. I recommend you buy FFS (with all the stuff needed to play inside [bombers!]) plus single minis, if you can find them cheap (and you can! - visit svet deskovych her in Prague, Ladislav Smejkal will help you:)).

Svět deskových her
Krymská 22
101 00 Praha 10
www.svet-deskovych-her.cz
tel. 732 469 498

Andrzej.

Dan-Sam
06-01-2011, 04:13
I am thinking about buying Deluxe set and selling all planes to a collector, who have not them. After that, I should buy minis which I really want (Czech and Polish Spitfires, of course ;)). I have to think some time about it. Thank you for quick answer Andrzej.

Nightbomber
06-01-2011, 04:23
Smart idea!
I forgot to tell you - my spits are of course Vybral and Falkowski:)

Dan-Sam
06-01-2011, 04:30
Cool :) In this case, You may be interested in this topic: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?796-F-Lt-Vybiral-s-Spitfire&highlight=Vybiral

Nightbomber
06-01-2011, 04:48
Great news! Shame on me I haven't checked the spelling before. Thanks for the research you made! The plane reprint should have the name corrected.:)

Shivaja
07-02-2011, 04:38
Hi guys i got question i just get the WoW Deluxe set and i wudlt like to get some other planes a stukas to be exact so i want to know if they are sold in some big box like the deluxe set or they sold only as boster packs ?

Nightbomber
07-02-2011, 04:43
Only separate, little individual boxes.:(

Shivaja
07-02-2011, 04:47
Hi guys i got question i just get the WoW Deluxe set and i wudlt like to get some other planes a stukas to be exact so i want to know if they are sold in some big box like the deluxe set or they sold only as boster packs ?

Nightbomber
07-02-2011, 04:59
Radek, don't ask for the third time:surrender:

Shivaja
07-02-2011, 11:28
sorry guys was posting from work and we got some crapy conection there so sometimes does tings like this:hmm: