PDA

View Full Version : Flight of the She Devils (Valley patrol AAR)

Albert Ross
05-24-2011, 22:50
Had a couple of friends visit the other might; he and his wife have played WoW against us twice already, but I was till quite surprised when they suggested we get airborne after dinner. Predictably, the two females joined forces and I asked my Nemesis what her "squadron" was called; without batting an eyelid she said "the she-devils"! This time they flew for the Central Powers while my friend and I put up a two SE5a's against an Albatross and a Dr I

We played simple altitude rules (1 climb/dive card = 1 peg or 1 flight level) and found it greatly enhanced the game. On several occasions, that little triplane turned inside me and I was able to climb or dive out of range. Adam was soon in trouble as the triplane with 'Kempf" painted on the upper wing got into a tailing positions and the SE5a caught fire. He was able to escape by diving out of trouble and limped back to base with 15 out of 16 damage points:surrender:; meanwhile I was fighting a running duel with the Albatross, piloted by my Nemesis. I held them off until Adam rejoined the fight in a Sopwith Camel, however my relief was cut short when both German planes pounced on him and his aircraft blew up! :dazed:

The Dr I had taken damage to it's engine and attempted to fly back to German lines; I wrong footed the Albatross long enough to pursue, and got a telling burst in that down the Hun within sight of safety. :guns: This was a severe blow to enemy morale, as the Abatross broke contact and retreated, leaving the Allies victorious

Flying Officer Kyte
05-25-2011, 00:37
Good AA report there Stuart. It is time that the Allies started to get on top of all this. It will raise the chaps morale no end.
Kyte.

Nightbomber
05-25-2011, 01:44
Number4, could you please explain to me how you make yor crate turn "down" on the pegs? Is there a special peg-axis or something else to make a plane turning? Any links?

Flying Officer Kyte
05-25-2011, 06:16
Number4, could you please explain to me how you make yor crate turn "down" on the pegs? Is there a special peg-axis or something else to make a plane turning? Any links?

Try this Andrzej.
http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/aides-accessories.html

Rob.

Nightbomber
05-25-2011, 06:24
Thank you!

Albert Ross
05-25-2011, 17:42
Yes, I followed the instructions here http://www.wingsofwar.org/content.php?58-My-Gimbal-Installation-Method-%28Detail%29 In future though I think I will use a small piece of plastic tube glued to the ball and slipped over the airplane peg rather than cutting one of the precious, impossible to replace WoW flight pegs

Flying Officer Kyte
05-26-2011, 00:13
That is another good option Stuart.
Rob.

Bluedevil
05-26-2011, 04:30
Yes, I followed the instructions here http://www.wingsofwar.org/content.php?58-My-Gimbal-Installation-Method-%28Detail%29 In future though I think I will use a small piece of plastic tube glued to the ball and slipped over the airplane peg rather than cutting one of the precious, impossible to replace WoW flight pegs

Now why didn't I think of that ?:brickwal: :o Thanks! Very good idea :)