PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer: Some Missions for next weekend

Diamondback
05-21-2011, 20:44
Pflanzer and I are gonna be hosting a couple games next weekend, and I wanted to get some feedback and see if anybody'd be interested in playtesting the scenarios to help debug 'em.

Balloon scenario: Score +1 points for each enemy balloon downed, -1 for each friendly balloon popped. (Yes, a DOUBLE LOSE is possible!) All planes have incendiary bullets. Suggested timeframe is before June 1917. Recommended aircraft would include:
->1-seat: Nieu. 17/23, Sop. Camel, Alb. D.III, Pfalz D.III, Alb. D.Va
->2-seat: DH4, RE8, Rol. C.II, Rump. C.IV

Bomber scenario (Tony has two custom Gothas): Entente scores +1 points for each enemy bomber downed, -1 for each enemy bomber to get through, Central Powers reverse. Each team will play once as Entente and once as CP, scores will be added together to determine victory. (Yes, a DOUBLE LOSE is possible!) Suggested timeframe after June 1917. Recommended aircraft would include:
->1-seat: SE5a, Sop. Camel, SPAD XIII, Alb. D.Va, Fok. Dr.I, Fok. D.VII
->2-seat: DH4, RE8, Br.14B2, Rump. C.IV, Ufag C.I

Optional Extra: Bag the Baron: Requires RDS Brown Camel and red 425/17 Fokker. Primary scoring: whoever gets the kill on MvR with least damage taken in return wins. (Tiebreaker: fastest kill.) Secondary scoring: if Primary not met, whoever survives the most turns before being downed wins.

Any ideas? I'd test some myself, but I don't have anybody to spar with and I'm afraid to unpack the minis for a solitaire test because my senile grandmother (who I'm stuck babysitting for a while) might break 'em.

Rick57
05-25-2011, 11:50
They look terrific and I can't wait to try them this weekend.

I've sent you a PM.

Rick

steel_ratt
05-25-2011, 12:14
For the balloon mission I would nix the 2-seaters and just go with the scouts. Sending a Harry Tate to go balloon busting just doesn't seem right. For my own balloon busting missions, I use 10 points for each balloon destroyed, 6 for it landing in flames, and 3 for landing damaged. In those scenarios I also give 4 points for each aircraft put down, or 3 for sending one off the table before all the balloons have been downed. (Usually 3-4 aircraft per side.)

Albatros D.III would be the mainstay for the Central Powers at that time, with some D.V arriving. The Halberstadts would be past their shelf life. The Bris Fit, Camel, and SE.5a are all fair game for the Brits; Nieport 17, SPAD VII, and SPAD XIII for the French.

Suggestion for a solo test... use cards. They're harder to break. ;)