PDA

View Full Version : Today's patrol activity

Albert Ross
05-03-2011, 19:45
While patrolling the Verdun sector in my SPAD I encountered a strange new German aircraft. It was painted bright red and had three wings, apparently flown by the infamous Count Yount......the new machine was small and agile, and it was only by using my superior speed that I was not shot down immediately as this triplane can turn inside any machine I have flown in less time than it takes to tell.
I gained height and swooped down on the boche in a diving pass, clearly doing some damage. My second pass gave me a close range shot and the strange red machine exploded in mid air.
Later that afternoon, a formation enemy aircraft was reported crossing the front. Myself and Capitaine Fonck went up to investigate and spotted a flight of three Pfalz DIII's heading straight for our lines. I waved to my wingman that we should attack immediately and the battle was on! The three Germans closed in rapidly; I riddled the leading airplane with bullets but he did not go down but in the exchange an enemy bullet hit a fuel line and my aircraft began to burn.

Mes Amis, let me tell you I was lucky too be able to break contact long enough to extinguish the flames and return to French lines, but the brave Captitaine Fonck continued to attack the enemy despite the imbalance in numbers. Sadly, I must report his machine was last seen going down somewhere over no man's land. Il est mort pour la patrie.
Vive la France!
(And thanks to Richard for hosting a great game):thankyou:

Flying Officer Kyte
05-04-2011, 01:51
Some success there from our French allies tinged with sadness for the passing of a great pilot. Sounds as if you had a great game all round. Well done chaps.
Rob.