PDA

View Full Version : Glad to report we have seen the elephant!

Spad Mo
05-02-2011, 15:10
Hello All,
Well boys, we got our noses bloodied yesterday:guns:. It was the first time our group played WoW and it was an instant success:thumbsup:. We got 2 games in. Some of our guys were missing from the group, so I piloted 2 planes. I flew an Albatros DIII and a Pfalz III in the first game against a Se5a and a Nieuport 17. I won that game fairly easy. The next game proved to be a little more difficult. I was flying a Sopwith Camel and Spad XIII against an Albatros D Va and a Fokker DR 1. The Barron brought down Brownie, so Luke came in with all guns blazin and brought down the Barron. That left me and the Albatros to duke it out (Oh, what was the Albatros doing all this time. Well he picked his three cards for one turn and turned the wrong direction and was out of it for 2 turns). I set my sights on the Albatros and we duked out for 2 turns before he succumbed to maximum damage. We all enjoyed the game and can't wait to play again. What made the victory sweet for me both times was my son was my adversary both times, and it was oh so sweet to bring him down a few pegs or two(all pun intended:o). He just was so cocky when he took the DR 1 , that the look of amazement when the Barron went down was worth a Kodak moment. I did warn the Germans that I had a slight advantage. Because I had Luke, I would use the Force:D:).
Well boys, I shot 4 planes down yesterday. One more and I will have my Ace, but these guys are quick learners, and gamers to boot, so it won't be a cake walk. That is our first after action report. As far as we all are concerned, the games a keeper:clap::clap::clap:.

crashx
05-02-2011, 17:10
Bravo, well done!!! Watch your six though, your son will be gunning for you!!!

Spad Mo
05-02-2011, 17:36
Your right about that Tim. Once reality set in, you could tell he was itching for revenge. It will be an interesting game the next time. One thing I have learned in gaming, never underestimate your enemy. He use to be a hockey goalie, so he is use to taking shots and rebounding.

Hunter
05-14-2011, 08:17
Yep, you got your work cut out for ya.

Spad Mo
05-14-2011, 10:23
Yep, you got your work cut out for ya.
Well tomorrow we will be taking to the skies again. We will see if good fortune smiles upon me once more. I apologize if I sounded like I was bragging the last report, but it is that father/son competition thing. Before anybody starts feeling sorry for my little boy, he is 25 and a seasoned wargame veteran. He and I are avid students of anything on Stonewall Jackson. So quick hitting and push the enemy till you drop attitude, is something that is part of our wargame mentality. Anybody that can take American militia and rout British grenadiers has no sympathy from me. So I can't give him any breaks or I become the hunted.
Keith

Albert Ross
05-21-2011, 15:50

Yes, watch out for your son in the sun! :))

Spad Mo
05-21-2011, 16:53
Yes, watch out for your son in the sun! :))
Hello Stuart,
To late, the fartknocker got me 3 times this past Sunday or should I say Sonday!

Goering Ace
05-22-2011, 15:00
Love the AAR, Keith!! Glad to see you're enjoying the game. It's all the more fun when you play with your son, as I can attest. But I can see from you later post you're experiencing my problem - getting shot down by your boy.

Keep the AAR's coming!

Flying Officer Kyte
05-23-2011, 02:34
If you go to this thread Keith you will find that Lee has found the successor to your Elephant. Give that a whirl next time your offspring gets too perky.:boxing:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?4863-Forgotten-Fighters-II-Martinsyde-F3-and-F4-Buzzard

Rob.

Spad Mo
05-23-2011, 13:34
If you go to this thread Keith you will find that Lee has found the successor to your Elephant. Give that a whirl next time your offspring gets too perky.:boxing:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?4863-Forgotten-Fighters-II-Martinsyde-F3-and-F4-Buzzard

Rob.
Thanks Rob. I will keep that in my back pocket, and remember to use it as my trump card!

Spad Mo
05-23-2011, 14:54
Love the AAR, Keith!! Glad to see you're enjoying the game. It's all the more fun when you play with your son, as I can attest. But I can see from you later post you're experiencing my problem - getting shot down by your boy.

Keep the AAR's coming!
Will do Commander. We are having to much fun with this not to share. We are not using altitude yet, and I was wondering how many on here use it?
Keith