PDA

View Full Version : Is one set of rules considered 'official'?

SuthSaxe
04-30-2011, 01:49
Some of the threads in this section and elsewhere seem to include a debate over which version of the rules is the correct one to use. The one I found yesterday, and which cannot re-find now (!), was about pilot/observer special damage.

Is there one set of published rules which is generally considered to be the definitive official version?

Oberst Hajj
04-30-2011, 03:41
Unfortunately, no. The newest set of rules is normally used, that would be the ones in the Revised Deluxe Set. However, there are rules in BD that are not found any where else.

SuthSaxe
04-30-2011, 05:09
So presumably the answer is a composite of Revised deluxe set + burning drachens for balloons etc + flight of the giants for large bombers.

Oberst Hajj
04-30-2011, 05:12
Yes, that is your best bet and it is what I use for building Knight of the Air campaign rules.

Bartman
04-30-2011, 06:11
Chris,

Try this file posted by Iain.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=420

It is fairly comprehensive, but I don't believe it includes Flight of the Giants.

SuthSaxe
04-30-2011, 08:08
Thanks Bart (and of course Iain).

Ceir
05-04-2011, 10:47
Apologies for a couple days bump on this thread, but I've been going over some thigns for upcoming games and I hit a similar issue.

As it stands, there are two sets of bombing rules - the simple ones from WYB, and the more detailed from WOWMinis and FotG. I'm curious - in general, do you all use the FotG bombing rules all the time, or do the WYB rules still get used - and when, if the latter?

IRM
05-04-2011, 12:15
Chris,

Try this file posted by Iain.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=420

It is fairly comprehensive, but I don't believe it includes Flight of the Giants.

Nope, just up to and including Balloon Busters, although it does include the FOTG bombing rules (Andrea posted them in a pre-FOTG thread about house-ruling more advanced bombing rules).

Bartman
05-04-2011, 16:46
Apologies for a couple days bump on this thread, but I've been going over some thigns for upcoming games and I hit a similar issue.

As it stands, there are two sets of bombing rules - the simple ones from WYB, and the more detailed from WOWMinis and FotG. I'm curious - in general, do you all use the FotG bombing rules all the time, or do the WYB rules still get used - and when, if the latter?

Daniel, I personally use the bombing rules from the RDE and include the altitude rules. I think those rules add a nice dimension and really do test your ability.

MayorJim
05-09-2011, 16:06
If your not using Flight of the Giants...Burning Drachens and the Rev. deluxe rules should cover you...you can always add FotG later...

Ceir
06-01-2011, 10:19
Daniel, I personally use the bombing rules from the RDE and include the altitude rules. I think those rules add a nice dimension and really do test your ability.

Way, way belated and I do apologise - what's the RDE?

steel_ratt
06-01-2011, 11:45
Revised Deluxe Edition