PDA

View Full Version : Time

LGKR
11-02-2009, 18:28
This may have been answered by someone before, but I can't seem to find the answer. Does anyone know what the actual amount of time that is represented by each, phase or turn. I know it really doen't matter for game play, I am just curious.I thought maybe Andrea may have answered this in a previous posting. :)

Pooh
11-02-2009, 18:50
I'm not entirely sure but I believe it is not any specific time. Andrea just set it up so all the pieces fit together.

Pooh

The Blue Baron
11-02-2009, 23:14
This should be quite easy to calculate: all you have to do is measure the long straight, multiply it by 144 and devide it by the speed the according plane could fly. If you do this for several planes you should get the same result every time if a phase realy represents a certain amount of time.

Oberst Hajj
11-03-2009, 05:50
There is no time in Wings of War. If you try to measure it like The Blue Baron suggested, you will get a different result almost every time. In the game, there are only 4 (or was it 5?) speed bands. Aircraft were placed in each band by their listed speed. This means that there are a range of planes in a given speed band that actually all have different real life speeds.

The Blue Baron
11-03-2009, 05:54
That's what I meant by "if a phase realy represents a certain amount of time". It would be way to complicated to have different decks for every possible speed...;)