PDA

View Full Version : Bought myself a little birthday present

Bartman
04-26-2011, 17:35
So I finally ordered the Col's Aerodrome hangar with the Ranger bag today. I also added in the F-toys shelf since I have a couple of those.

I am looking forward to finally storing my WoW in a respectable manner.

I am still on the shelf about the gimbal bearings. We'll have to wait and see.

tuladin
04-26-2011, 18:11
Happy birthday, Bart!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your hangar. It sure makes your collection easier to carry and easier to access too.

As for the gimbals, if you don't want to alter your planes, you should try the method in this post by BrianR (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?2477-My-Gimbal-Installation-Method-(Detail)&p=31848#post31848). You have to cut up a few pegs, but no more than the number of planes you'll use at any one time (I've only made 8). You don't have to cut or glue the actual plane model at all.

KiltedWolf
04-26-2011, 22:29
Congrats Bart, I am sure you are going to like the Ranger bag and hangers -- I know I love mine. I have two in desert and woodland MARPAT. There are also a great conversation starter, as many servicemen recognize the pattern, especially my brother Marines.

Lost Commander
04-26-2011, 23:36
Hi Bart,

The Ranger Bag and the Hangers are great, just received mine a few weeks ago and so far it is fully living up to my expectations.

As for the Gimbals go ahead, the visual effect add so much to the game. I used BrianR's implementation, this way you get 10 Gimbals that is wrking for all the different planes you have, instead of needing the small spheres for every plane, and you do not need to alter the planes.

Here is a teaser from a family game we had during easter:
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11963&d=1303817713

Flying Officer Kyte
04-27-2011, 00:19
Well the accessories from the Col are all good Bart, but the hangers are a real assett. What jem will he come out with next,I wonder?
Rob

Hunter
04-27-2011, 00:24
Happy Birthday Bart! I got my hangers and airfield bag from the Colonel about 2 - 3 weeks ago, it's the best thing I've purchased since all of the miniatures! I love it. I know your going to be happy you got those items.

Lost Commander
04-27-2011, 00:54
Well the accessories from the Col are all good Bart, but the hangers are a real assett. What jem will he come out with next,I wonder?
Rob
Well related to the Ranger bag the Col stated that some WWII hangers are on their way, and I am eagerly awaiting those, especially after i recieved the WWI collection and the bag.

Hunter
04-27-2011, 01:52
Well related to the Ranger bag the Col stated that some WWII hangers are on their way, and I am eagerly awaiting those, especially after i recieved the WWI collection and the bag.

Hey that is good news as I just got 12 WWII mini's on the cheap and new!

Oberst Hajj
04-27-2011, 02:07
There is also a smaller version of the Ranger bag coming out... it's called the Recon. I should have photos and details posted up tomorrow.

tuladin
04-27-2011, 02:27
There is also a smaller version of the Ranger bag coming out... it's called the Recon. I should have photos and details posted up tomorrow.

Great! The bombers and set 5 that are due out this year will probably require 4 more trays, and my hangar has room for only three. A smaller overflow bag is just the ticket!

Oberst Hajj
04-27-2011, 02:42
My Recon bag will house my Balloon Hangar, 2x Gotha Hangars and one Carponi Hangar. That will free up room in my Ranger bag for series 5 and two trays of repaints in my set. Oh, and the Recon bag is going to be a great size for WWII since there are only a few Series out as of yet.

Bartman
04-27-2011, 03:24
Sounds like I made a good purchase then.
Col. The recon bag sounds like a great idea.

James, I didn't know you were a Devil Dog...Semper Fi!

If I could've ordered the bag in a MARPAT I would've, but the only bags left were blue or black.

Oberst Hajj
04-27-2011, 03:31
Bart, I have to special order the MARPAT bags. There is an order going in the first of May, FYI.

KiltedWolf
04-27-2011, 09:52
Bartman -- back at you brother -- Semper Fi!

Bartman
04-27-2011, 17:58
Thanks for the heads up Col.

No worries, black'll do just fine. I'm surrounded by MARPAT daily anyway :)

gully_raker
04-27-2011, 18:42
So I finally ordered the Col's Aerodrome hangar with the Ranger bag today. I also added in the F-toys shelf since I have a couple of those.

I am looking forward to finally storing my WoW in a respectable manner.

I am still on the shelf about the gimbal bearings. We'll have to wait and see.

Bart, those Gimbals add so much to the movement in the game. Do try out at least one & the method shown by BrianR is excellent.

Bartman
04-27-2011, 20:37
the method shown by BrianR is excellent.

Yeah Barry, I will probably break down one of these days and that method will definitely be the way I go since I don't trust myself to alter the minis themselves.