PDA

View Full Version : friendly fire?

boomerpete53
04-20-2011, 15:41
i havn't even been in a game yet, but! i came up with a hard to answer question.
> How do you determin if your planes {fireing} dosn't do damage to one of your powers planes.< i.e. plane A1 is shooting at plane B1, but at the same time plane A2 is passing behind plane B1. does A2 take a hit from stray shot.?
i don't know about the WOW world but in this one bullets don't just stop in mid air and fall down. I know all the guys in my other hobbies say that i can come up with the "DURNEST THINGS to make the rules harder!" but that's a BOOMERPETE thing i guess!:cool:

Charlie3
04-20-2011, 16:00
The game allows for a large amount of leeway here.

The basic idea is that the aircraft card/base is an area that the plane can be anywhere within. Not just in the very center of it. Although the models and sillohettes cover large portions of the card/base they are actually just set dressing and don't really represent the size of the plane for Line of Sight or shot blocking either.

Therefore it is assumed that if you can strike a line between the center dot or post of the attacker to any card/base edge of the target without touching or passing through another card/base you can take the shot. If a friendly is in the way you just do not pull the trigger. This system actually works becasue of the wide angle of the cone of fire on the aircraft cards/stands. Again it is assumed that the pilot makes a slight adjustment to his actual position to line up with his target. I know it sounds kinda gameish, but it works really well and avoids alot of unessasary mucking about. I hope this answers your question. :)

kombofink
04-21-2011, 02:19
I have introduced friendly fire to my flights. It really add to the game. It should be added only to groups that already play with advanced rules, though.

flash
04-22-2011, 11:31
Well, it may not be that hard to answer Pete - have a look here (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?3581-Friendly-Fire) if you haven't already ;)

boomerpete53
04-22-2011, 11:55
Dave; i looked at the link. and i got some great ideas from it, basicly if a plane is in line with a enemy's plane, the line of site with the ruler makes for a good idea. (i didn't even think about the ruler.) so the "Home rules" and the game rules can be made to work togather. COOOOOOOOL.

MayorJim
05-09-2011, 16:24
The official rules states state, in essence, that you can not shoot "through" another plane...friendly or not. They don't consider "misses" that may by-pass the targeted aircraft and hit one behind it (assuming it was in range). We use the minis and measure from center peg of firing plane to any part of target plane...the bigger the target plane, e.g. 2 seaters, the larger area to potentially hit. Occasionally, another aircraft may be near the cone of fire of the firing plane. As long as the firer can hit the target, without hitting any part of any intervening planes...it's a potential shot...bases don't count...the plane figurine itself is what matters...just what we do :D