PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide Wing?

Baxter
04-14-2011, 15:04
Are there any players in Adelaide? I live next to Parafield Airport and would like to play face to face if possible.

Gary aka Baxter

gully_raker
04-14-2011, 16:43
G'day Gary! Welcome from the South Coast of NSW.
Check out the Player Locator section & post a message in the Australian Wing Section as well.
Hope you are successful in finding someone close by.

Oberst Hajj
04-14-2011, 21:46
You can also use the advanced search in Community > Member List. It's over on the right.

nanktank
01-07-2012, 19:54
Hi Gary, Im in Seaton and I would be up for a game or two if youre still around

Baxter
01-07-2012, 23:13
Hi Gary, Im in Seaton and I would be up for a game or two if youre still around

Hi Andrew, pleased to hear from you. I have not played a game yet but have Wings of War Drachens in it's box behind me.What do you have? Is it possible to play this game via email? I did play Blue Max for a while that way.

nanktank
01-10-2012, 03:02
I dont think it lends itself to play by email particularly well, I have all the WW1 rules and quite a few miniatures as well as the balloon busters and flight of the giants expansions. Infinity games in adelaide has miniature games nights every tuesday if youre up for it.

Baxter
01-10-2012, 23:55
Hi Andrew,

I checked out their web site and don't think I would fit in with them somehow, but thanks for the heads up. I meant to say if you had not found it already that the website for the BlueMax online board game is www.youplay.it

Cheers

Gary

macka321
01-11-2012, 01:48
Hi Gary
There's a group of us that play WOW under Military Hobbies on Port Road, Hindmarsh on most sunday afternoons.
We wont be playing WOW for a few weeks as we are finishing day three of the Island Campaign.

Stan
See the Adelaide Gamers Album

Baxter
01-11-2012, 02:13
Ok Thanks Stan,

Let me know when you have finished your day three of the island campaign and I would love to come and observe your group in WoW action. The photos in your album look pretty good too :-)

Gary

macka321
01-16-2012, 02:39
Looks like its WOW this sunday,
finished the island campaign, just a few models to put away then the group plan is WOW from about 1:30pm.

Baxter
01-16-2012, 02:49
Great. I will be there. Do I need to bring anything? I have my Burning Drachens game.

Gary

macka321
01-16-2012, 03:01
Your favourite plane or you can use one of mine. Plenty to choose from.
We dont use altitude due to the number of aircraft involved.

Captainhui
05-21-2012, 23:38
I'm a new player in Adelaide area. I don't even have my own game yet. Where I can learn more?

gully_raker
05-22-2012, 00:15
I'm a new player in Adelaide area. I don't even have my own game yet. Where I can learn more?

:thumbsup:G'day Eldred & welcome to the 'drome.
I am sure some of the SA players will respond to you but in the meantime there is heaps of info available in the Files section plus have a browse through the past posts in the WW2 section of the Forum.

macka321
05-22-2012, 01:23

Hi Eldred
Normallly we do WOW on sundays but at present we are involved in a Guadalcanal campaign. WOW will return later in the year.
Drop in and say hello and meet the squadron.

Captainhui
05-22-2012, 01:23
Alright, I should go and do some study first. Cheers!

Baxter
05-22-2012, 02:19
Hi Eldred and welcome to the forum. Hope to catch up with you when we play WoW again.

Bob Little
05-27-2012, 08:12
Are there any players in Adelaide? I live next to Parafield Airport and would like to play face to face if possible.

Gary aka Baxter

Hi

I live in Clare but play at Group North Wargames club which is near the RAAF base in the Penfield Sports clubs area

Give me a bit of notice and I can come down for a game.

Cheers
Myron.

gully_raker
05-27-2012, 17:12
Hi

I live in Clare but play at Group North Wargames club which is near the RAAF base in the Penfield Sports clubs area

Give me a bit of notice and I can come down for a game.

Cheers
Myron.

:salute: G'day Myron! Love your Forum Name! I notice that Bob Little was killed on 27th May 1918 so I will raise a glass in his Memory.:pint:

By the way have you Reported for Duty in the Forum of that name?
I had missed you if you did. Its a great way to make yourself known to all the overseas members.:thumbsup:

macka321
06-08-2012, 16:08
A quick notice to all Adelaide Gamers

Wings of War (WW1) is on at Bugle Call this week end (Sunday/Monday) at Marion sports centre.
Come along for a trial game or something more serious.( A re-run of a hot time in the north sea - flying boats everywhere)

http://www.buglecall.com.au/

Captainhui
06-08-2012, 19:10
sad that I have to take care my exam...maybe join next time=]

macka321
06-11-2012, 20:02
The North Sea Action

A Felixstowe covering two motor launches returning from a raid on the Belgium coast with the German float planes in pursuit.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n217/gallopingjack/BUGLE%20CALL%202012/51e076b3.jpg

macka321
06-12-2012, 01:33
Wings of War WW1 will be on this sunday and next sunday at Hindmarsh.

We will be determining air superiority for the campaign ground battles to follow.
All WOW players welcome, come along and play some campaign based missions.

Will the German airforce stop the Allied ground attack squadrons.
Will the Blue Wasp in his rear gun only armed Roland save the day. (Double Ace rear gunner now on his third pilot)

macka321
06-17-2012, 21:10
Battle Report for Battle 8A

The Air Battle (WW1) over the Forward Combat Zone Guadalcanal October 1870.

Four hours of continuous air combat, over 40 turns (120 impulses).
The game involved both naval and air units with ground targets and AA guns.

Allied aircraft successfully attacked the Prussian FOB and its air cover, inflicting light damage to eight ground units and destroying four ground attack aircraft, one fighter and damaging three other aircraft. Capt Sam with great skill and daring, flying low over the enemy lines caused great damage and disruption to the enemy’s attack on Henderson Field’s outer defences. Although having two aircraft shot out from under him, he managed to nurse these damaged aircraft back over friendly lines before crashing. With great bravery he returned each time to the battle in a new aircraft.

Prussian air force units supported their ground forces through out the day. A seaborn attack by three PT-boats was obliterated by Ensign Von Paulus in his W29 naval float plane. Although shot down by a sinking PT-boat the ensign and his gunner managed to paddle one of the floats back to the beach and escape through the swamps to their own lines. Ground attack aircraft attacked the Allied front line destroying three ground units and damaging six others. Lt Tristan fresh from flying training school, in the squadrons spare Albatross, managed three kills and returned safely home with empty guns. Five other allied aircraft including a new Caproni, spiralled down in flames into the jungle. The supply barges managed to unload onto the beach and then they slipped quietly back out to sea.

gully_raker
06-17-2012, 23:35
Nice AAR there Stan. Sounds like a real "Flame Fest"!

macka321
07-06-2012, 16:30
Well my Gotha's have arrived and its time to bomb Big Ben.
Flying Jackets and scarf's this sunday.

macka321
06-23-2013, 02:44
Well WOW is back on in Adelaide's south, nine serious players.
The old group is back together and a great day was had by all with seven games over the afternoon.
Starting with early war we progressed through the years to late war for the last two games.

We have decided to have a WOW day once every two months as we had forgotten how much we enjoyed the game.
Its time to start the league again, up with the white board to keep track of our pilots and crews experience.

Well back to the mess, anyone lend me 10 Pounds, I short this week.........pay you back after your next mission.......

Flying Officer Kyte
06-23-2013, 07:35
Well WOW is back on in Adelaide's south, nine serious players.
The old group is back together and a great day was had by all with seven games over the afternoon.
Starting with early war we progressed through the years to late war for the last two games.

We have decided to have a WOW day once every two months as we had forgotten how much we enjoyed the game.
Its time to start the league again, up with the white board to keep track of our pilots and crews experience.

Well back to the mess, anyone lend me 10 Pounds, I short this week.........pay you back after your next mission.......

:salute: Good to hear you are back in action Stan.:thumbsup: Don't forget to take photos of your escapades.
We are all dying to see those Gothas in action over Big Ben, especially the Home Defence Squadrons.:guns:
:DRob.