PDA

View Full Version : Maneuver Decks E-F-G-H-I

Shuichi Niwa
04-07-2011, 16:37
I want to make some custom aircraft with different maneuver than just A,B,C,D but doesn't have the new Maneuver in Fly from the Sky. Already ordered but should take about one or two months for the delivery to actually get here >.> Can anybody help me with a maneuver decks summary for E-F-G-H-I plz ~

Stormkahn
04-07-2011, 23:54
Welcome aboard Eika, please pop along and report for duty :) We don't bite (much).

Deck High(mm) Low(mm) Notes
A 60 27
B 60 27 ==A without the large slips
C 49 27
D 49 38
E 60 33
F 60 27 ==B, except for slips are smaller
G 60 33 ==E, slightly slower turns, slip is only HS.
H 60 38 v.close to E, 2nd slip only HS so slightly worse.
I 27 16 (Dive bombers)
J 33 21
K 38 24 ==J but faster
L 33 13 Biplanes - very good turns

Does this help?

Sorry for the dodgy formating, what aircraft are you looking at?

Shuichi Niwa
04-08-2011, 00:08
Thanks ^^ It helps, I can imagine how they work a bit now.

I'm trying to make some custom rethemed ones for a Touhou-style WoW. My friends aren't into WWII and aircrafts that much, but they are hardcore Touhou fan so... I have to did what need be done :(

Anybody got full charts of Maneuver decks and pics, diagrams, etc ? That would be great, though i'm not sure if that's illegal or not....

Stormkahn
04-08-2011, 00:26
Ah Ok, Touhou is lost on us really, or at least me. Japanese fighting game? Does it have craft of some kind?

The decks are relative, as long as they match the Touhou craft by rank you might not even need more decks.

Cheers,

Dave.

Shuichi Niwa
04-08-2011, 01:23
Of course it have crafts. Or else it would make no sense making a Touhou-themed WoW at all :d

Touhou isn't Japanese fighting games. To be more exact, Touhou is a Danmaku game - Curtain Fire Shooting game. It's the traditional shooting flying game where you fly an aircraft, trying to dodge bullets and shoot down the Boss, collect the Power-ups, etc. It's just instead of aircraft we got cute Japanese girls and demons flying around.

The thing that's great about Touhou is that it got incredible soundtrack and superior beautiful "rain of bullets" in there. Imagine flying amongts a fireworks and trying to survive inside it. it's epic ^^

Oh well, i got a little sidetracked... sorry, as you can guess I'm a Touhou hardcore fan too ^^

Yeah, I know with 4 maneuver deck I can make lots of craft already. it's just that i'm a bit greedy about wanting more varied maneuvering :D Thanks for your help and advice, anyways :D

Stormkahn
04-08-2011, 03:13
Sounds like a lot of fun, post the cards up when you've done them, I think we could do with more cute Japanese girls flying around :)

cheers,

Dave.

richard m schwab
04-10-2011, 05:26
Eika!

Welcome to the Aerodrome. You should report in on the Report for duty section! Look in the Files section there are some playing aids there, that might help you. The expansion packs Last Bi planes and Revolution in the Air also have new cards.

Rich

eslfox
08-26-2011, 19:51
I just downloaded some of the airplane cards that max headroom has done.(A 10 on the art scale,)and just noticed on the Maneuver Decks E-F-G-H-I,but i have not a clue as to were to find these cards,and i have not been able to find out were one can find them on the site.So some help with this minor problem would be a god send.Thanks

richard m schwab
08-26-2011, 20:16
Robert!

They are in the Fire From the Sky expansion set! Which features dive bombers and some different fighters such as KI-61`s P-40 and P-39`s!
Rich

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/36482/wings-of-war-fire-from-the-sky

eslfox
08-27-2011, 16:39
Thanks for the 411 richard,as luck would have it. I just bought fire from the sky.(The last set that they had.)From my local gaming store this moning and low and be hold their are the cards! in the boxset That was looking for,hows that for luck.Talk about your case of good timing.

richard m schwab
08-28-2011, 05:29
Robert!

That is great. Ebay has them for as little as $22. Sorry about Irene though, we had enough of her!

Rich

Max Headroom
08-31-2011, 18:09
I have personally made ALL the decks for personal use of multiple planes, but will NOT be posting to the site unless no publisher picks up the distribution... It is important to support the publishers and designers by buying the base sets.

richard m schwab
09-04-2011, 12:00
Alan!

A new owner will no doubt make changes to the sets. Maybe Ares Games will put two decks of cards in their box set! We could all hope so.

Rich

Zakopious
09-04-2011, 16:26
I have personally made ALL the decks for personal use of multiple planes, but will NOT be posting to the site unless no publisher picks up the distribution... It is important to support the publishers and designers by buying the base sets.

What do you use to protect your decks from being handled ?
Plastic sleeves, gloss-cote spray, other ?

richard m schwab
09-05-2011, 05:47
Kenneth!

The cards hold up in use. I have been using my original DOW set for almost two years now and no problem!

Rich

Bruce
09-05-2011, 05:53
same as Richard; mine are very durable.

Zakopious
09-05-2011, 06:14
Richard & Bruce,
I did not make myself clear.
I was asking: What do you use to protect your (home made) decks from being handled ?
The decks printed by ink jet would deteriorate rapidly from being handled.

FrankJamison
09-05-2011, 11:16
There are a couple of manufacturers who make 45 mm card sleeves. FFG is one and Mayday games is another. I've seen them in a couple of the local FLGS, so they should not be too hard to get hold of. They work pretty good for DoW cards.

Richard & Bruce,
I did not make myself clear.
I was asking: What do you use to protect your (home made) decks from being handled ?
The decks printed by ink jet would deteriorate rapidly from being handled.

Max Headroom
09-07-2011, 02:17
Kenneth, I use 300 gsm Ilford photopaper and an Epson Photo inkjet printer... They are only fractionally thinner than the actual cards and stand up well to use even from lots of younger kids.