PDA

View Full Version : Solo 1st Game

Pete
04-04-2011, 18:58
Just played my first game (solo) with a Sopwith Snipe vs an Albatros D.VA. I played both aircraft as normal (just rolling dice to see which plane would move first, although it makes no difference) and as I like both planes, hopefully they were played without any bias! There was a lot of manouevering, with the Snipe doing a lot of sharp right-hand turns and the Albatros doing quite a few Immelmans. Damage-wise, the Albatros was very, very lucky, drawing at least five cards with zero damage! However, it still suffered 6 damage points, a wounded pilot (the first exchange of fire in the game resulted in both pilots being wounded) and two machine gun jams. The Snipe, on the other hand, suffered 16 damage (so was shot down), with a wouded pilot, jammed left rudder and smoke trails.

I enjoyed it very much :cool:

Justin3.14
04-05-2011, 06:47
Try using the solo rules that comes with FoTG, they're pretty good, especially if the "drone" a/c is a 2 seater, it aint easy to track the bogey.
But your games sounds good! I'm surprised the Snipe took the pasting, but I guess the 5 Zero cards is the act of providence.

Flying Officer Kyte
04-05-2011, 11:17
Nice to see an after action report on a solo game. We don't get many of those, and there must be several chaps out there who find it difficult to get a partner to play against as the comments from several of you proves. So yes please, more solo game info chaps.
Rob.