PDA

View Full Version : New Osprey Elite Unit Book.

gully_raker
04-04-2011, 18:55
:) G'day Chaps!
For those of you that like to dig deeper into the historical side of things I would like to recommend the latest book in this series called "Jasta 18--The Red Noses" by Greg Van Wyndgarden.
Greg has penned a number of other Osprey books mainly on the German Aircraft & Jastas etc.
This is a most interesting Book & includeds the Berthold years & then the strange swap of Personnel from Jasta 15 with Jasta 18 when August Rabin took over Jasta 18 & changed the Berthold colours from Red & Blue (like Shafers DV11 wow model) to Red noses & Wings & White fuselarges. Berthold of course took his Red & Blue to J15
Wonderful Pics & Great Colour Profiles for both schemes.
For those who are into Repaints the Goring DV11 would be a great Aircraft to repaint into a Rabin era J18 plane.

Pic of Book Cover follows.11229

Kaiser
04-11-2011, 10:42
I really like the Osprey books :) Currently i own 25.

Guntruck
04-11-2011, 10:50
Come on Bazza, keep up :D

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?4104-Jasta-18-has-landed....

gully_raker
04-11-2011, 22:47
Come on Bazza, keep up :D

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?4104-Jasta-18-has-landed....

OOPS! Sorry Steve!
Missed your post while I was in the Field Hospital for a week!

See how much you can miss if you are not at the Aerodrome EVERY Day!

Guntruck
04-12-2011, 01:03
Sorry Barry, couldn't resist! ;)

But yes, this is one of the better Ospreys for some time. Inspired me to start painting up a couple of Fokker D.VIIs and a DH4 in red 'n' white.

Boney10
04-12-2011, 03:54
I also got a spare DH 4 for Jasta 18 and a Phalz all we need now are the decals and release of more DVII

gully_raker
04-12-2011, 22:13
Sorry Barry, couldn't resist! ;)

But yes, this is one of the better Ospreys for some time. Inspired me to start painting up a couple of Fokker D.VIIs and a DH4 in red 'n' white.

No Sweat, old bean! Have one on me in the Mess tonight.
Damn just wish Nexus would speed up supply of those Fokkers to the Front.

Flying Officer Kyte
04-13-2011, 06:14
I also got a spare DH 4 for Jasta 18 and a Phalz all we need now are the decals and release of more DVII

Just read this Chris, having sent off an order for a Pfalz and DH 4 this very morning. Must be a case of great minds again! :rolleyes:
Rob.