PDA

View Full Version : Full Contact Wings of War

Justin3.14
04-01-2011, 04:08
Good day!

We Canadians find something rather lacking in WoW. Face it we're a hockey nation and from a very young age we're either playing or watching hockey and the lack of contact in WoW makes it, well... boring. I mean the game could be so much more if it was physical. So far we've come up with a few rules, no hits in the naughty bits, no fists or elbows or feet to be involved in the hit, and no using the models themselves. Grumpybear, from out west thinks that there should be no contact unless a player is reaching for his plane, whereas Canuck from Toronto beleives that anytime is fair play. Ste_marte from Montreal is totally in favour of moving the other players aircraft only after the body check.

We're stuck, and we could use your input.

I understand that some European players were working with a full contact version, but they just don't have what it takes.

Niclas
04-01-2011, 04:20
Actually, there's hockey in Europe too...

Bluedevil
04-01-2011, 04:22
As a European this reminds me why I never will come to Canada...lol :D:D:p

Stormkahn
04-01-2011, 04:40
I like your thinking but what you really need to do is get involved in some proper sports that don't pansy around with armour, Rugby is the way to go obviously. Now I reckon iron man wow would be a kick in the shin for every hit you take, and as for explosions.....

Should the use of sharpened range finders be penalised?

Justin3.14
04-01-2011, 06:28
Rugby: A game played by hooligans, watched by gentlemen
Footy: A game played by gentlemen watched by holligans

Why do Rugby players wear mouthguards?
So you can still identify them by their dental records

Pointed range sticks, ok... bananas no!

;)

Shiraz68
04-01-2011, 07:42
Justin I think this is somewhat closer to the reality...

“Rugby is a game for barbarians played by gentlemen. Football is a game for gentlemen played by barbarians.” :D

But as for WoW - Lets try Aussie (No) Rules Football

Beanie
04-01-2011, 08:01
I have always like the concept of Blood Bowl - all that blood and chaos!

AlgyLacey
04-01-2011, 08:13
Or the traditional sport of the British Army - murder ball.

This is played with a full water bottle, a pitch of unlimited size, any number of players and no other rules I was ever able to fathom in the ten years I played regularly.

From arrsepedia:
"A group of soldiers are split into 2 teams a ball is then added, and each team has to get the ball to the other end of the playing area. There are no rules, hence the name as it's bloody murder to play. This game is probably not allowed now for Health and Safety reasons.

The teams can be of any size, you know if you've p*ssed off the NCO's if you end up in the smaller team.

The playing area (I use the term 'playing' loosely) can be of any size.

There is no half time, the game ends when the NCO's tire of this blood sport, the bar opens or there is no one left standing. "

Beanie
04-01-2011, 08:22
I did'nt take much notice of the rules so as long as there was beer at the end!

tuladin
04-01-2011, 09:32
I did'nt take much notice of the rules so as long as there was beer at the end!

If you have beer at the end you're drinking it wrong.

Beanie
04-01-2011, 11:29
If you have beer at the end you're drinking it wrong.

LOL

During my service days I was always known as a light weight when it came to beer - thats why I drink wine!!!

Justin3.14
04-01-2011, 11:41
Of all things, I'm allergic to beer, after about 20 of them, I'm sick

Niclas
04-01-2011, 13:19
Realizing this thread has moved on to something different altogether...

Speaking of hockey, I in fact sometimes employ a sort of "dump and chase" tactic to my combats. Where I send a plane through (or over) the the opposing pack, deep into enemy territory to circle about there for a bit, just of reach of the main battle, as a threat.

Charlie3
04-01-2011, 13:37
Or the traditional sport of the British Army - murder ball.

This is played with a full water bottle, a pitch of unlimited size, any number of players and no other rules I was ever able to fathom in the ten years I played regularly.

From arrsepedia:
"A group of soldiers are split into 2 teams a ball is then added, and each team has to get the ball to the other end of the playing area. There are no rules, hence the name as it's bloody murder to play. This game is probably not allowed now for Health and Safety reasons.

The teams can be of any size, you know if you've p*ssed off the NCO's if you end up in the smaller team.

The playing area (I use the term 'playing' loosely) can be of any size.

There is no half time, the game ends when the NCO's tire of this blood sport, the bar opens or there is no one left standing. "Sounds like a game we used to play in the playground when I was in elementary school (without the libations) which had a VERY un-Politically Correct name called Smear the Q---r ( I believe you say Pooftie?) WAY back in the Sixties the playground teachers used to actually watch and cheer! Ahh the Good Ole' Days!:rolleyes:

grumpybear
04-01-2011, 14:01
Well I would rather drink than fight ,so lets hit the O club

Justin3.14
04-01-2011, 17:28
Well gents, there doesn't seem to be any April Fools on this board!

I'll close off this thread tomorrow

Diamondback
04-02-2011, 00:56
Is "grab the skull and headbutt" fair game?LOL

Rabbit 3
04-02-2011, 06:10
HMMM.....
Maybe its the LARP player in me but surely full contact Wings of War would involve full-size replica Sopwith Camels and Fokkers and paintball or Laser tag style guns.

AlgyLacey
04-02-2011, 07:18
HMMM.....
Maybe its the LARP player in me but surely full contact Wings of War would involve full-size replica Sopwith Camels and Fokkers and paintball or Laser tag style guns.

Expensive!

Push bikes and NERF guns?

Justin3.14
04-02-2011, 09:04
Until next year ... ;)