PDA

View Full Version : SE5a Home defence

Boney10
03-26-2011, 04:14
Hi chaps,forgive my posing another question in a bid for information but isnt this what the old forum is for ?
I am looking to do a repaint of the Home defence 61Sqn nightfighter, either Capt holt or Lt Lewis.
However the info I have although gives the main colours, I cant seem to find reference to the Diamond pattern.
Does anyone know if they are black, dark Grey, beige or chocolate?
Yes it may be anally retentive of me but I would like to get it correct

Cheers gents

Burt
03-26-2011, 11:29
There are images of Holt's andLewis's planes at: http://www.thebutterfliesofworldwarone.com/SquadronProflies.Sample.html
Dont know how accurate they are though
Nice and colourfull
Don

Boney10
03-26-2011, 13:53
Hi Don, yes I have got this pic, or one similar, the diamonds look a Beige to me. However I have also seen a similar pic and a1/72 model that have them darker, but I cant tell if its black or darkblue or chocolate colour.
My poor eyes you see :)

batesyboy
03-27-2011, 15:28
11007I have seen a diecast`corgi` 1/48th Scale Model of Cecil Lewis`s Home defence Se5a....
Very nearly bought one from modelzone (£19.99) sale price
The colours are generally close to the `butterflies scheme`(mentioned above)
The diamonds are in the same shade of blue as the roundels alternating with PC10
Also the normally white areas on the upper wing roundels are also depicted as PC10
As mentioned in another `post` Cecil`s book `Saggitarius rising` is my favorite ww1 read
I have the repaint of an existing card model of my own design underway
Cheers
Batesyboy....
Oh just to add, I know Mr Lewis was quite tall....but....lol