PDA

View Full Version : Dunedin Sorties

Linz
03-20-2011, 02:32
Hi all

Hope the beers ars cold just returned from getting shot down twice by my 12 year old Grandaughter flying the AGO C1 and me first in a DH2 then in my Pup. Dam I've taught her to well! I hate ring mounted machine guns on the fronts of aircraft.
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10710&d=1300610202
We then had an all in scrap Fokker DV (Me), AGO C1, Albatros DIII againest a Spad XIII, Sopwith Triplane, and Sopwith Pup.
I took on the Spad, AGO and Tripe had a go at each other and DIII and Pup Missed each other. First hit on me Engine damage. Which then followed with a 3 on 1 me being the 1. The AGO and DIII reentered the fray and did some good damage to the Pup and Spad with limited damage to themselves I managed to get a shoot at the Pup and finished him of and then fell victim to the Spads guns.
Brought in a couple of new planes a Pup and a Fokker DVI. The Pup was soon in Flames thanks to the DIII the Spad was heavily damaged and trying to bug out and the Tripe had engine damage. Battle time 2 hours Great Day and heres some photos.
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10706&d=1300610116
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10704&d=1300610074
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10709&d=1300610187

richard m schwab
03-20-2011, 04:48
Linz!

It is amazing how quick the kids learn today! They send those kids up with only a few hours under their belts. Next time handicap her!!

rich

Flying Officer Kyte
03-20-2011, 05:06
Join the growing club of abused parents on the drome Linz. It is not so much that they shoot you down, it's the fact that they do it over and over again, even when the odds are stacked up against them. A handicap system just don't work, unless you have a complete Jasta of Aces against them. In that case your last plane may get them just before it finally burns. The moral. Don't fly with children or animals.:D:D:D
Rob.

Linz
03-20-2011, 05:48
Hey Rob happy birthday it's Monday here. The worst of it is with grandchildren is that I have 14 of them so I had better get used to them beating me! It was really great fun and I think I might just buy her a Dr1 and paint it pink just so she knows there are no hard feelings well almost none. Linz

Flying Officer Kyte
03-20-2011, 06:41
Hey Rob happy birthday it's Monday here. The worst of it is with grandchildren is that I have 14 of them so I had better get used to them beating me! It was really great fun and I think I might just buy her a Dr1 and paint it pink just so she knows there are no hard feelings well almost none. Linz

Further to my last remark Linz. You have in fact got a complete Jasta there with 14 grand children. Can't you convince half of them to fly for your flight. Then you would have at least half a chance of being on the winning side.:)
Rob.

sparty
03-20-2011, 11:29
Looks great, and using altitude rules no less. That's fantastic. Great pictures to boot. And..as everyone has said many times over...wives and children are the true aces of this game.

Archidamus
03-20-2011, 12:50
Great pictures - not come across the AGO before. That arc of fire does look rather nasty!

Linz
03-20-2011, 13:48
Some of the Grand children are a little young to join the Jasta yet, but boy do they grow up quick should have fresh recruits for many years to come. Just need to take the target of my back.
We try to use all the rules adds to the fun.
The AGO is the C1 model the C2 also had a rear facing MG as well Fired by the Observer same set up as the Fe2b. Boy its a hard plane to get a hit on without getting hit. Because its slow it has a short turning circle so is easy to over fly havn't worked out how to shoot it down yet might have to do some solos to beat it.
Linz

MayorJim
03-20-2011, 16:53
Thanks for the pics and the brief AAR...the Lt. Col., SWMBO always seems to best me...not sure what it is with wives and children???

CappyTom
03-21-2011, 02:38
Great photos Lindsay. Thanks for sharing, just remember some days your the bug and some days your the windshield.;)
Glad you had fun. That's why I love the game.

Tom

Linz
03-21-2011, 14:21
I was all Bug that day

Max Headroom
03-23-2011, 20:34
I really have trouble catch those littl'uns they're so random, yet they often semm to end up in a really good firing position! I have tried hard to diagnose this form of flying in the hopes of emulating this uncanny ability...

MayorJim
03-24-2011, 16:21
I really have trouble catch those littl'uns they're so random, yet they often semm to end up in a really good firing position! I have tried hard to diagnose this form of flying in the hopes of emulating this uncanny ability...

They obviously read my wife's book..."confuse them with non-sense"!! :D