PDA

View Full Version : WWII : Reginald's 1st Bag

Stormkahn
03-04-2011, 02:45
Dear Joan,

Hope you’re well?

Gosh I’ve had a scary day but may have got my 1st kill, just waiting on the oppo to confirm.

Down below and off towards Tangmere we could see the Hurri’s of 213 Squadron engaging the 111’s but our job was distract the top cover long enough for 213 to break up the bomber formation. We were climbing like billio I can tell you, as always, revs at max and all I could see were 109’s. Dozens of them and there was only 11 of us. I was thinking we must be mad but this was only going to be a hit and run because the tussles rarely last more than a moment.

I gritted my teeth as they tore into us, gun fire and tracer everywhere. The old girl was starting to whine as the merlin was pushed harder. I thought to myself “get me home my dear and it’s an oil change for you”. I know it’s silly what we think about at times. Banking hard left and over into a dive I loosed off a few rounds at a chancer crossing my path heading the opposite direction.

As it does, everything went grey for a bit and then I came out into clear sky, all so peaceful and calm given the previous few minutes of chaos. Over at 1 o’clock I spotted a lone bandit with a yellow nose, and I’ll wager he spotted me at the same time.

He turned hard into me put I surprised him with a fast right slip going into a slow left hander, squeezing off a burst at about 100yrds I was please to see I’d made contact. Then the turning battle really started for real but because I’d pitched the revs just right I was able to turn that little bit tighter and catch him with another 2 second shot at 75yards before his faster speed carried him out of range.

For what seemed like hours we turned and turned, trying to get the upper hand. At one point we passed each other at close range, thank goodness for the armoured glass otherwise I’d not be here to write to you.

He seemed to get a little lost at some point which gave me another chance, this was all I needed. I think he must have been running low on fuel and trying to set up a dash for home and in the process opened himself up to another few seconds.
I think I know the blighters name as well, I was so close at that point I could read Haupt Von Brockwurst clear as day just under the cockpit before it was engulfed in flames. Scratch another Hun.

Hoping I’ll have a 48 soon and we can take in that show you’ve wanted to see,

Love

Reginald.

The moment Otto new he was done for!!
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10041&d=1299235329

The tracers find the target, the gin has also run out so there's nothing to douse the flames :D
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10040&d=1299235326

Making sure
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10042&d=1299235332

Stormkahn
03-04-2011, 03:39
Yay, I get my very own sub forum!! Cheers Keith :)

Flying Officer Kyte
03-04-2011, 04:07
Confirm your man's kill. Wreckage found.
Kyte.

Stormkahn
03-04-2011, 06:25
Confirm your man's kill. Wreckage found.
Kyte.

I bet the blighter got away though, we'll send him to Canada if we catch him! :)

Flying Officer Kyte
03-04-2011, 06:35
I bet the blighter got away though, we'll send him to Canada if we catch him! :)

Just look for a bloke with a singed wig, and a deflated ego.
Rob.

richard m schwab
03-05-2011, 11:43
Rob!

Were you the unlucky victim i that action?:eek:

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
03-05-2011, 13:57
Rob!

Were you the unlucky victim i that action?:eek:

Rich

Affirmative Richard.
Rob.

richard m schwab
03-06-2011, 05:04
Rob!

That was my impression! Yes smoke and flame do not mix!;)

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
03-06-2011, 11:10
It was my first foray into DoW. and for Otto von Brockworst it was his last. Dave was just too good for me. However, I enjoyed it greatly, and he has almost managed to lure me to the dark side.
Rob.

Boney10
03-06-2011, 11:49
Like the action report, still yet to actually have a go at Dawn of WW2 next Avon night I hope. Hope to have my Spit Sqn completed soon, depending upon decals
Though I still got to finish off my Alb D2

richard m schwab
03-06-2011, 12:11
Rob!

I must confess to have never played WOW. Every attempt to do so has been derailed! To me that is still the Dark Side! Give DOW another try. Remember an important thing about DOW, a player should break off and come back at at your advisory! The game movement is fast, that maneuver you plotted last turn may be a stinker this turn!!

Rich

MayorJim
03-09-2011, 13:41
Hmmm...a little more G&T might have helped with the pain and suffering, what?

richard m schwab
03-09-2011, 14:36
Jim!

I was not going to mention the empty glass! ;) But since you brought it up, i was wondering if Rob was low on fuel!:) It is common after a long flight over enemy territory!:D

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
03-09-2011, 23:37
Re supply urgently needed. Send cans of G&T soonest.
Kyte.

Stormkahn
03-10-2011, 00:09
G&T??!! Thought you guys were into Schnapps and sausages!!

Flying Officer Kyte
03-10-2011, 00:45
G&T??!! Thought you guys were into Schnapps and sausages!!

No! That's just the sour Krauts.
Rob.

Stormkahn
03-10-2011, 00:52
No! That's just the sour Krauts.
Rob.

/groan

More quinine for this one barman!!!

:)

MayorJim
03-10-2011, 14:44
Re supply urgently needed. Send cans of G&T soonest.
Kyte.

Cans of G&T? yech! A proper G&T comes from glass bottles...I think I've discovered the problem here :D

richard m schwab
03-10-2011, 19:11
Jim!

The things we have to endure on the front lines G&T`s in cans! A rally long straw in the can would be great!

rich

Flying Officer Kyte
03-12-2011, 00:40
Jim!

The things we have to endure on the front lines G&T`s in cans! A rally long straw in the can would be great!

rich

I could use a long straw Rich. I must have drawn the short straw many times in WoW.
Rob.

richard m schwab
03-12-2011, 11:07
Rob!

Why of course. You do not know my total lack of luck in DOW.:( I have not survived a game in which i shot some one down in a year!:(
Let`s see if the great Leslie can do that!!!:o

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
03-12-2011, 11:16
My score in DoW. so far is played one lost one Rich. I'm still game, so I expect I will hunted like game.
Rob.

richard m schwab
03-13-2011, 05:01
Rob!

I quote Garrison Kellor on this subject. " Nothing takes the taste of shame and humiliation out of your mouth like Ketchup " . :D In your case dip that straw deeper into the G&W tin!;)

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
03-17-2011, 12:57
Rob!

Why of course. You do not know my total lack of luck in DOW.:( I have not survived a game in which i shot some one down in a year!:(
Let`s see if the great Leslie can do that!!!:o

Rich

You don't want "The Great Leslie" Rich. You need Waldo Pepper.
Rob.

richard m schwab
03-19-2011, 07:35
My hat is off to The Great Waldo Pepper!

Rich

richard m schwab
03-19-2011, 14:53
Rob!

My luck is still running true to form!:rolleyes: We played two Aerodrome 2 games today. The first was a fighter against fighter duel , i was shot down in no time! The second our side defended an observation balloon from attack. We that was the plan at least. In one turn all three German planes were shot down i did get a Se-5 as i was shot down in flames!:mad:

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
03-19-2011, 15:13
Rob!

My luck is still running true to form!:rolleyes: We played two Aerodrome 2 games today. The first was a fighter against fighter duel , i was shot down in no time! The second our side defended an observation balloon from attack. We that was the plan at least. In one turn all three German planes were shot down i did get a Se-5 as i was shot down in flames!:mad:

Rich

Never mind Rich. How did Waldo do. As a consolation let us adjourn to the bar.
Rob.

richard m schwab
03-20-2011, 05:21
Rob!

How i bought it in the first game!:( Waldo was off in Kansas Barn Storming!:rolleyes: The planes a scratch built from balsa by a friend!

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
03-20-2011, 06:35
The planes look excellent Rich. Another tallented model maker hiding in the wings no doubt.:D
Rob.

richard m schwab
03-20-2011, 07:01
Rob!

He hides and resides in North Carolinian!

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
03-20-2011, 07:15
Rob!

He hides and resides in North Carolinian!

Rich

Please pass on my approbation to him Rich.
Rob.

richard m schwab
03-20-2011, 17:41
Rob!

I will next time i see him! He travels up here to game and visit his brother.

rich