PDA

View Full Version : Card Models

Getter 1
02-20-2011, 19:15
Hello All,

Being new here allow me to show some of the card models I've built for use int he WoW game. They are all Fiddlers Green models re-sized down to 1/144. FG models are perfect for this as they are fairly simple designes and the smaller they are built the better they look :D Got many more to build but this is what I've done so far.

Bummer is the D.VII is a printing goof up on my part. It's too small and needs to be re-built :P

Hope you all likes.

G1

Getter 1
02-20-2011, 19:32
Allow me to share a model I designed a while back. It's of the Roland C.II It was all done the old way (No CAD). The parts were Vector re-drawn and textured by a friend of mine know as Janx on Papermodelers.com The pix are of the final prototype I built. I've yet to build one of the textured versions. ALso the model in the pix is 1/72 as it was intended for Canvas Eagles. I've since then gotten addicted to WoW.

I have one printed out in the 1/144 pile.

G1

john snelling
02-20-2011, 19:35
Wow great work.

The Cowman
02-20-2011, 21:12
Amazing folding skills... and you are right, the FG models do look good in 1/144! Did you print those on an inkjet or a laser printer?

Getter 1
02-20-2011, 21:35
Thanks guys :D

Cowman, they are printed on an inkjet printer. I should do a tips and tricks here for folding at this size. I used to make the 1/144s of construction paper as card stock was a bit hard to handle at this size. Unfortunantly construction paper models aren't strong enough to be handled as game pieces. After over 5 years of paper model experience now I can handle making these in 65lbs. card stock. Much stronger and easily can handle gameplay.

Hee hee the Fiddler's Green Fokker Dr.1s and D.VIIs will be filling the lack of offical minis out there. No way will I pay the current E-Bay prices for those especially when the FG models will look just as good IMO. Not to mention all the variations those 2 come in.

I'll be starting the Gotha Bomber soon as my co-worker is itchin to do some bomber missions. I have gotten him hooked on the game. I just wish I picked the game up myself when I first saw it over 4 years ago :P I plan on getting a Famous Aces set for one of the nephews for his B-Day coming up. I have a gift for creating new addicts :P

Still trying to gather more players here in Spokane, WA though.

G1

nodegamra
02-20-2011, 22:53
Serious skills, they look great!

CappyTom
02-21-2011, 02:18
Thanks guys :D

Cowman, they are printed on an inkjet printer. I should do a tips and tricks here for folding at this size. I used to make the 1/144s of construction paper as card stock was a bit hard to handle at this size. Unfortunantly construction paper models aren't strong enough to be handled as game pieces. After over 5 years of paper model experience now I can handle making these in 65lbs. card stock. Much stronger and easily can handle gameplay.

Hee hee the Fiddler's Green Fokker Dr.1s and D.VIIs will be filling the lack of offical minis out there. No way will I pay the current E-Bay prices for those especially when the FG models will look just as good IMO. Not to mention all the variations those 2 come in.

I'll be starting the Gotha Bomber soon as my co-worker is itchin to do some bomber missions. I have gotten him hooked on the game. I just wish I picked the game up myself when I first saw it over 4 years ago :P I plan on getting a Famous Aces set for one of the nephews for his B-Day coming up. I have a gift for creating new addicts :P

Still trying to gather more players here in Spokane, WA though.

G1

Wow great job. Look forward to seeing the bomber as well as tips on how to get started making them.;) Where do you sign up for lessons?:o

Tom

Ernfried Randa
07-13-2012, 12:45
Krásná práce. BRAVO !

smitty_au
07-31-2012, 01:01
Fantastic work :clap:

Blackronin
08-01-2012, 02:46
Great work!

loris_pagnotta
08-03-2012, 10:17