PDA

View Full Version : I have complete sets of World War 2 for sale, on ebay. Start price is 99c.

WilliamBarkerVC
02-20-2011, 17:58
All the auctions start at 99c. This could be a chance to pick up some minis for cheap! :p

World War 2 deluxe set:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160549426804&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

Complete set of Series 1, WW2:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160549427954&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

Complete set of series 2, WW2:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160549429069&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

The Cowman
02-20-2011, 21:09
I would bid Grant, but the express shipping costs to 43105 are too rich for my blood.. good luck!

WilliamBarkerVC
02-20-2011, 21:35
Ground postage is ridiculously slow, and because the size of the box, I can't make it fit the small packet rate! The shipping is always actual on my auctions. Thanks for looking though.

WilliamBarkerVC
02-21-2011, 16:48
GOOD NEWS! I did some more research on the shipping, and the "ebay calculator" was waaaay off.

Rates are $16 by AIR to the US, and $33 by AIR to the UK. Canada is correct in the listing. This is waaaay less than the calculator was showing, and I am in the processing of editing the listings to reflect the correct prices.

Remember that I will combine shipping so if you get all three lots, the shipping will be based on the total lot, not each one!

Ed2
02-21-2011, 17:37
Thats more like it. I'll take a couple of shots at it.

WilliamBarkerVC
02-21-2011, 20:02
Thats more like it. I'll take a couple of shots at it.

Awesome! Sometimes the eBay automatic functions aren't perfect, and when I listed the auctions Canada Post was down. Research pays off.

So here's a great chance to walk (or fly...) away with some inexpensive sets of WW2 planes!

The Cowman
02-21-2011, 21:14
Ed forgive me for bidding against you... I will do my best not to push up the price tooooo much. (I can hear Grant in the background now: "Push it up!!! push it up!!!) ;) :D

Ed2
02-21-2011, 22:09
Then let the battle begin. Right now I'm high man.
Grant should be smiling.:):o

WilliamBarkerVC
02-22-2011, 05:34
Indeed I am. :D

Ed2
02-22-2011, 13:58
Well Grant, as you can see, I ran them up as much as I was willing to pay to get started in DoW. I hope it helped your cause.

Ken, if that was you who kept out bidding me, as old Rutyard said "your a better bidder than me, Gunga Din".

WilliamBarkerVC
02-22-2011, 15:29
Well Grant, as you can see, I ran them up as much as I was willing to pay to get started in DoW. I hope it helped your cause.

Ken, if that was you who kept out bidding me, as old Rutyard said "your a better bidder than me, Gunga Din".

They really did jump today! Still a great deal, as I post this they are at $47 US for 12 planes for each of series 1 and 2. That's like 2/3 off!

Ed2
02-22-2011, 16:31
Well you talked me into a unsuccessful $10.00 jump on each. And since I don't pay list price for anything except the Colonel's stuff, I'm finished.
Good luck on your sale.

WilliamBarkerVC
02-22-2011, 19:23
Well you talked me into a unsuccessful $10.00 jump on each. And since I don't pay list price for anything except the Colonel's stuff, I'm finished.
Good luck on your sale.

Hahaha! eBay is indeed addictive. My userid "iwillpaymorethanyou" I think sums it all up. :)

I don't buy much anymore though, usually just sell. And that's so that I can buy more minis! My wife hates it. :p

Cheers!

The Cowman
02-22-2011, 19:29
I had to stop after only a couple of bids... fixed income and all... Last time I checked I am still winning the first one... but doubt that will last... there are always snipers..

WilliamBarkerVC
02-22-2011, 19:40
I had to stop after only a couple of bids... fixed income and all... Last time I checked I am still winning the first one... but doubt that will last... there are always snipers..

Good on you, sir! I can tell you as a seller, I can see the "watchlist" number, and there are indeed others interested in the boxed set (I assume that's the one you mean). I hope you win it though, it would be a nice score at the price.

I find that when I start my auctions at 99c, it generates lots of interest and the free market tends to get me what I want for my stuff. Sometimes I have lost, other times I have been blown away by how high something goes for. It's always a gut check to list it for that 99c though!

The Chaos Dwarf army that is listed is the first time I have a set a buy-it-now price, and used a minimum best offer, as I have a TON invested in that army. And if it doesn't sell, well, it's ok too.

The whole point of all my auctions is actually to fund a Napoleonic French army for the game "Black Powder". As it stands, I am close to halfway to my goal with all my auctions, and confidence is high that I will achieve what I am hoping for. More stuff!

Ed2
02-22-2011, 20:02
[QUOTE=The whole point of all my auctions is actually to fund a Napoleonic French army for the game "Black Powder". As it stands, I am close to halfway to my goal with all my auctions, and confidence is high that I will achieve what I am hoping for. More stuff![/QUOTE]

What scale & type of Napoleonic French are you looking for?
If they are 15's, I might make you a deal that you can't pass up.

WilliamBarkerVC
02-22-2011, 20:09
What scale & type of Napoleonic French are you looking for?
If they are 15's, I might make you a deal that you can't pass up.

Used to do 15s - I was a big (punny!) DBA player. Let them go, too many of my gaming friends couldn't paint them or wouldn't try, one or the other. I was always providing the armies.

What I am actually looking at are the insanely nice Perry Miniatures French plastics (and enough accompanying metal) to make a MASSIVE 1812-1815 era French army. But thanks for the thought on the 15s! I really like the AB line in 15 (well, kind of 18mm I guess). They are so nicely done.

Kirby DeWolfe
02-22-2011, 20:14
Those are my bids on the two sets. Just in case you were curious whether it was an Aerodrome member or not.

WilliamBarkerVC
02-22-2011, 20:26
Those are my bids on the two sets. Just in case you were curious whether it was an Aerodrome member or not.

Hey not only an Aerodromer but a Canadian too! Nice. Hope you win them. I will combine shipping to be the best deal (I only ever charge actual) on both lots when you win.

Cheers!

Ed2
02-22-2011, 20:33
I was wondering who bested my $56.00 bids.

WilliamBarkerVC
02-22-2011, 21:19
I feel like the evil Emperor Palpatine encouraging Luke to turn to the dark side. Good! Good! Let the desire to bid flow through your veins! ;)

The Cowman
02-28-2011, 17:58
...and of course as expected... BANG! Sniped in the end by $.50. But hey, I bid what I could afford to bid on a fixed income!

WilliamBarkerVC
03-03-2011, 09:56
The prices on both the sets were quite good. I was happy with all the results. All told on my 24 auctions that started at 99c, I ended up with $806. Not bad indeed. My big Chaos Dwarf army didn't go, so I get to keep it.

And my order has gone in to the fabulous Perry Miniatures for my French.

Thanks to everyone for bidding!

GuySajerGD
03-17-2011, 20:12
Thanks for the stuff....................I got the WWII Deluxe set from you. Funny thing is that it takes longer to recieve something from Canada to the USA than it does from UK. 5 business days from UK....10 business days from Canada...LOL!

The Cowman
03-17-2011, 22:18
Thanks for the stuff....................I got the WWII Deluxe set from you. Funny thing is that it takes longer to recieve something from Canada to the USA than it does from UK. 5 business days from UK....10 business days from Canada...LOL!

AHA! The talented sniper shows his face... well I am glad it went to a new member of the 'Drome! :D

AlgyLacey
03-18-2011, 02:27
Hahaha! eBay is indeed addictive. My userid "iwillpaymorethanyou" I think sums it all up. :)

I don't buy much anymore though, usually just sell. And that's so that I can buy more minis! My wife hates it. :p

Cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-d_odepmuk
Weird Al has the right of it.