PDA

View Full Version : National 2 Seaters

Boney10
02-18-2011, 06:11
Hi chaps, I have been pondering of late about how devastating 2 seaters seem to be in the game, yes my head is hurting too!!.
So I started reading a few books, head hurting even more as some didnt even has pictures, and it seems to me that most actions took place with scouts sneaking up on a two seater and attacking , rather than our games which 9/10 seem to be we face each other across the table and away we go.
Soo the last Avon night DM & myself tried out a little something which I think worked and made things a bit more realistic.
First mission of the two seater, it does seem that until the Brisfit not many two seaters went up looking for a fight, so they need a mission. Next altitude use what ever rules you use. Now come the bit, the scout then rolls a dice and 1= 1 level below 2/3 same level 4/5 1 level above 6 2 levels above
2 seater chooses side of table, scout rolls again 1/2 top/long side, 2 short side, 4/5 other long side, 6 short side.
Game begins the two seater cannot play any card that take him away from objective, or react to the scout until the scout is spotted.
To spot the scout 2nd turn roll dice 6 = spotted, turn 3 5 or 6 spotted, turn 4 4,5 or 6 spotted, you get the idea.
Also the scout is automatically spotted the turn it fires at the two seater and lastly if it comes with short range.
No spotting due to cloud, or archie keeping 2 seater crew occupied etc.
Anyway comment chaps

flash
02-18-2011, 10:10
Hi Chris, done similar with von Schmallhausen in trying to keep the 2 seater on mission until it's bounced. We usually roll a d12 to see where the attack is coming from in relation to the prey. I've found you have to go with what works for you - usually it's an easy decision to come to.
Keep up the good work by the way ! dave

Flying Officer Kyte
02-18-2011, 12:25
It is odd what ideas come to us in so many guises. We have been doing something similar for some time now but trying to keep away from the dice, the 2 seater pilot picks a card from the damage deck at the end of his first play. As soon as he picks anything other than a 0 you are spotted.
Rob.

David Manley
02-19-2011, 01:34
Another idea that popped up but which we didn't have time to try was to have two-seaters on bombing missions have to play a stall card to represent their lower speed whilst loaded. The requirement to play the stall goes as soon as the bombs are dropped. So the 2 seater jocks have a choice when they are bounced - stay "on mission" but at a lower speed and reduced manoeuvrability, or drop the bombs early, increase speed but abandon the mission.

Boney10
02-19-2011, 02:19
Morning Dave, how about we try that one next Wednesday. Will try to get my DH2 done so the Eindecker can have another go out