PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer: Underway air battles

Anav
02-18-2011, 05:54
I know it has been some time since I posted here. This is my first opportunity to do so since going on deployment.
Flight Pasadena Managed to take to the air for a few missions on what turned out to be a very busy underway.
Kevin and I introduced our buddy Chris into the front lines. The first two games we played he shot me down so fast I thought I forgot how to play!
If you go to my albums you will see some pictures. Our playing table in the Chiefs Quarters is pretty small. WWI seemed a much better fit. They maneuver so much better. The first game we said no one could fly off the table. We would just move the planes to the center. After the second game we had no such problems. Just had to pay attention. Hey I thought flying these things was easy!
The third game Kevin wants to take to the skies. After being embarrassed playing Chris, I was not too excited about my prospects. Not to worry. In almost 45 minutes of flying around I shot him down….I took only One point of damage the whole game….really one point…he was of course upset…heheheheh
For our little underway games we take the explosion card out.
Next underway we will move to the Crews Mess were the tables are just a little bigger. We now have 6 people who play onboard.
Unfortunately due to very limited space I could only bring the two minis…You never realize how much they bring to a game until you don’t have them!!
So we have almost mastered playing on a very small table top!!

Soon we will take to the air again, of course being submerged the entire time.

Good Hunting
Steve

Stormkahn
02-18-2011, 07:16
Great pictures Steve, you've def got the prize for the smallest game. :)

Maybe you've started a new craze, Extreme WoW, we'll see games being played at the top of everest soon!

Have a great tour mate,

cheers,

Dave.

flash
02-18-2011, 09:17
Hi Steve - great pics; that table makes for a tight furball I would think. Thanks for popping up & saying hello !

The Cowman
02-18-2011, 09:35
Great Pics Steve!!! Actually looks like a comfortable spot to play!

PRS
02-18-2011, 10:02
Hey Steve,

Check out these pictures over at Board Game Geek. This guy has scaled down the plane and movement cards and put them on magnets for travel play. You could get some larger battles done in smaller spaces.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/580095/wings-of-war-famous-aces?size=medium
Also, he has his wife playing while at the hospital in labor. We could all learn a thing or two from this man.

Paul