PDA

View Full Version : I've a spare MvR Triplane which I have repainted pink

Guntruck
02-14-2011, 14:42
Only kidding ;)

However I have laid my hands on a spare red Triplane, sans box but with all the bits, which I am prepared to part with to any U.K. member of the site.

Here's the deal - the Tripe cost me twelve squids (for our non-U.K. compadres, that's English for £12) . If you want to bid for it I'll let it go to the highest offer received (plus £2 p&p) by midnight GMT 21st February. Anything over the £12 I paid for it I will donate to the upkeep of the Aerodrome. Payment will be made by cash, cheque or postal order only.

This is a blind auction, so please don't keep P.M-ing me to find what the highest bid is I have received so far.

As I said, this is open to U.K. members only (even the Welsh :D) - apologies to everyone else but I can't be faffed to worry about foreign exchange rates, Homeland Security ferreting around in the package, and postal services that are worse than the Royal Mail (hard to believe but there are a few out there).

So there you go - a chance to own a red MvR Tripe at less than silly eBay prices. PM me your bids. Good luck!

Guntruck
02-15-2011, 01:14
I see this thread got moved and disappeared from the home page list of latest posts, so in case anyone missed it, this post is merely to get it back on the home page. Can't have my WoW chums missing out on a luvverly bargain! :cool:

David Manley
02-15-2011, 10:37
<deleted for daftness> :)

Out of interest though, Mrs DM has hinted that she'd like a pink Triplane (she has a pink 74 gun ship of the line) so there may be one appearing in a gallery near here sometime soon (Dom, thats why I had a couple from you just now :) )

Guntruck
02-15-2011, 10:40
I think the first words of the post ("Only kidding") might be a bit of a clue that it didn't actually get a makeover..........:D

Guntruck
02-20-2011, 10:59
Just over 24 hours to go, girls and boys.....

Guntruck
02-22-2011, 02:33
Times up! And the winner is.........

Nobody! Not one bid for this :confused:

Seems everyone in the UK has the red Triplane. On to Ebay with it then.

yancey5
02-23-2011, 09:00
Gunny,
I just saw your "auction" today. Sorry for the late post but if you haven't posted to Ebay yet, I'll gove you 13L +shipping. I'm in the USA, so if you're interested what's the process of getting dollars to pounds to you?

yancey5
02-23-2011, 09:00
Gunny,
I just saw your "auction" today. Sorry for the late post but if you haven't posted to Ebay yet, I'll give you 13L +shipping. I'm in the USA, so if you're interested what's the process of getting dollars to pounds to you?