PDA

View Full Version : WGF & WGS: Nexus 2011 News Release

Oberst Hajj
02-09-2011, 01:32
Wings of War game series continues to grow in 2011

NG International announces the new products planned for this year in WW1, WW2 and miniatures lines

(07-02-2011)

Wings of War will continue to grow in 2011 with several new releases covering the first and the second World War series, as well as new miniatures. NG International, the game's publisher, is working on several new products that will be released this year.

For the World War I period, two new series of miniatures will be released. Wings of War WWI Miniatures: Giants of the Sky will introduce the bombers Caproni CA.3 and Gotha G.V, each in two different painting schemes, and will be released in june 2011. Afterwards, NG International will release the 5th miniatures series, featuring four new airplanes, Fokker E.III, Halberstadt D.III, Morane-Saulnier and Airco D.H.2, each one in three different painting schemes.

The new releases for WW2 include the boxed set Rain of Destruction, which will introduce into the game multi-engine bombers and heavy fighters such as the B-25 Mitchell, He.111 and Me.110, with all related rules. Two expansions featuring 70 cards with new planes and maneuver decks are also planned: Winds of Fire (Hurricane, Zero and other fighters of the Pacific front) and Ground Attack (Ilyushhin II-2 Sturmovik and other dive bombers).

In the WW2 miniatures line, a first series of Bombers Packs is also coming this year, introducing the models Heinkel He.111 and North American B-25 Mitchell, each in two different painting schemes.

In addition, NG International will release the 3rd series of Airplane Packs, bringing to the game the planes Curtiss P-40E Warhawk, Yakovlev Yak-1, Kawasaki Ki-61 and Reggiane Re.2001 Falco, each in three different color schemes.

Wings of War in numbers
More than 90.000 base sets sold worldwide, and over 400.000 various packs sold until now.
14 the languages which the game has been officially published, besides the translations made by local importers.
68 kinds of airplanes included in the game until now, in 104 variants, with individual colors that depict 381 different equipments.
84 the various models currently available in the "Miniatures" version.
13 the days in which the first American edition has been sold out.
Over 3.000 the fans registered at the Yahoo forum dedicated to Wings of War (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/wow_nexus/).
92 the biggest number of players that took part simultaneously in the same game (Los Angeles, California, January 24, 2011).

Jäger
02-09-2011, 02:11
I like, I like a lot. But none of us likes waiting. This year will be juicy! Good news indeed.

Guntruck
02-09-2011, 02:58
Only two giants scheduled - better move the 0/400 up the paint queue.....:(

Boney10
02-09-2011, 03:26
The thing I was not overly impressed with here was the lack of date for the WW1 Series 5 models , experience with Nexus and release dates for me, " Afterwards" could literally mean anytime from weeks to months. Anyone else thinking the same ?

Oberst Hajj
02-09-2011, 03:38
Well, they showed they could release the Balloon Busters set followed by Series 4 just a few months later. I would expect series 5 just before Christmas this year.

Boney10
02-09-2011, 04:09
Fair comment Col.. ok Ill wait and see, just wanting the Halberstadt is all, there dont seem to be any available at the moment except for the resin SRAM and they seem a bit fragile

wargamer
02-09-2011, 05:11
Well, based on their track record... possibly 2024 would be a more reliable date?

Of course it is probably just more vaporware.

Dom S
02-09-2011, 05:50
To be honest the lack of specific dates is a wise move - for the last two years their "this year's release schedule" press release has been packed with exact months, all of which have been hopelessly wrong.... Given that, I'd rather have no dates at all, really. We'll have to see how the "bombers in June" things pans out, but obviously the prototypes of those have been floating around for a good few months now, so hopefully it's a realistic date rather than the hopelessly optimistic ones of old....

Dom S
02-09-2011, 05:53
Chris - Reviresco do a Halberstadt D.II, which is nigh-on the same as the D.III; different engine installed, but otherwise the same aircraft, and the same performance, so can use the D.III's stats and maneuver deck.

Stormkahn
02-09-2011, 06:15
To be honest the lack of specific dates is a wise move - for the last two years their "this year's release schedule" press release has been packed with exact months, all of which have been hopelessly wrong.... Given that, I'd rather have no dates at all, really. We'll have to see how the "bombers in June" things pans out, but obviously the prototypes of those have been floating around for a good few months now, so hopefully it's a realistic date rather than the hopelessly optimistic ones of old....

Couldn't agree more, the classic mistake of customer service! They're better off say we can't deliver than breaking promised dates.

:)

Von Hinnebusch
02-09-2011, 12:06
"92 the biggest number of players that took part simultaneously in the same game (Los Angeles, California, January 24, 2011)."

How the heck did I miss this!?!?!

MayorJim
02-09-2011, 13:11
Wings of War game series continues to grow in 2011

Wings of War in numbers
More than 90.000 base sets sold worldwide, and over 400.000 various packs sold until now.
14 the languages which the game has been officially published, besides the translations made by local importers.
68 kinds of airplanes included in the game until now, in 104 variants, with individual colors that depict 381 different equipments.
84 the various models currently available in the "Miniatures" version.
13 the days in which the first American edition has been sold out.
Over 3.000 the fans registered at the Yahoo forum dedicated to Wings of War (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/wow_nexus/).
92 the biggest number of players that took part simultaneously in the same game (Los Angeles, California, January 24, 2011).

I thought the numbers were interesting...now of course we wait :-(

fist
05-01-2011, 20:52
I personally would like them to release an unpainted version of all plains so that we can ge creative with it.

crashx
05-02-2011, 18:34
That would be great John, but anything is better than nothing!!!

Hunter
05-03-2011, 21:21
Well, anyway I can't wait! Even though my wife says, "Wait for it..."

grumpybear
05-04-2011, 16:46
I don't want to wait, but better late than never. Looking forward to

MayorJim
05-07-2011, 13:28
I personally would like them to release an unpainted version of all plains so that we can ge creative with it.

John...a lot of folks here feel your "pain" ;D ...but unpainted models are probably not in the mix ;-(

Ginarley
05-07-2011, 17:43
Does anyone know how the bombers will be sold? Options could include:

Each individually
2 box sets with 1 Gotha and Caproni in each (this feels most likely to me but I have no basis for saying that!)
2 box sets with 2 Gothas in one, and 2 Capronis in the other
A boxed set with all 4 in it
The bombers in combination with scouts (like the balloon busters set)

Bartman
05-07-2011, 18:43
I hadn't even thought about that Ian. Good question though.

The Col. usually seems to able to get the inside scoop on this stuff. Maybe he's heard something.

MayorJim
05-07-2011, 20:41
Does anyone know how the bombers will be sold? Options could include:

Each individually
2 box sets with 1 Gotha and Caproni in each (this feels most likely to me but I have no basis for saying that!)
2 box sets with 2 Gothas in one, and 2 Capronis in the other
A boxed set with all 4 in it
The bombers in combination with scouts (like the balloon busters set)

My bet is thaat they will be sold individually...I have no "insider" knowledge...it's just a premonition. By selling them separately, you will have the best chance of getting exactly what you want...

Oberst Hajj
05-08-2011, 18:18
I've not heard anything official yet. If I had to place a bet, it would be on a single plane per box with all it's cards and tokens (and maybe a card for any special rules it may have).

Hunter
05-12-2011, 03:19
It will be thrilling when they come out! In any of the options.

82fox
05-13-2011, 10:10
I look forward to bombers and fighter planes of WW2:) for IL-2 I have a weakness

Doug
05-14-2011, 04:21
I am with Jim I recon the bombers will be sold individually with no extras

Boney10
05-14-2011, 06:01
Well Mid May and release was slated for June, anyone heard any release rumours ?

Oberst Hajj
05-14-2011, 06:16
Nope, nothing. Nothing even showing on the FFG site as "in development" or "on the boat".

Scallywag06
05-15-2011, 02:52
I can not wait to see the Giants.. Great new add for the game. and then next series is a golden one......

SCallywag06

P-51D
05-15-2011, 18:43
Hopefully we will have some releases for the "Con" season but it doesn't look like Nexus is in any hurry to get us new product at the moment. I am begining to wonder how many of the items listed in their press release scheduled for release we will actually see this year. If they all come the second half of this year, that makes for a huge amount of new product. i don't see it, but who knows. I hope to see Series III at least for the WWII version this year. The bombers would be nice too.

Diamondback
05-15-2011, 19:10
We have a saying in my old business: "Promise in one hand, crap in the other, and see which fills first." Showing prototypes is a start, tells us they've been serious enough to invest in tooling and design, but it still says nothing about the follow-through. Heck, look at the development process on Duke Nukem Forever... 8O LOL

wargamer
05-15-2011, 19:38
Well as long as whatever they announce seems to be mere vaporware, then the only recourse is to buy from the model makers. Then we have the problem of maneuver decks.

Okie
05-15-2011, 22:36
I just want to end up with 1 of every plane from WWI & WWII! The sooner the better.

kaufschtick
05-19-2011, 21:26
Hopefully we will have some releases for the "Con" season but it doesn't look like Nexus is in any hurry to get us new product at the moment. I am begining to wonder how many of the items listed in their press release scheduled for release we will actually see this year. If they all come the second half of this year, that makes for a huge amount of new product. i don't see it, but who knows. I hope to see Series III at least for the WWII version this year. The bombers would be nice too.

Well, here in Columbus, I've noticed a disturbing trend in the local shops in town. The WWII planes are turning up on the markdown racks and bins. I've seen this in three FLAGS up to now. In talking to the store owners, it seems the WWI stuff sells great, but the WWII stuff has not done well. One owner told me that of the various planes, one or two of the represented paint schemes sells exceptionally well, in fact sells out, but the other paint schemes do not sell at all.

One of the owners of a couple stores said that he is getting out of the Wings of War WWII business! I couldn't believe my ears when he said that! The problem that caused this is that not too many folks want an Italian Stuka, a Belgian Hurricane and so forth. Not too many folks even knew what a D.520 even was. I think the local shops have to buy the planes by the case, which includes only a distibution of one each in each case. So the BoB Spit & Hurricane go like hot cakes, then the store is left trying to sell Russian and Belgian Hurricanes, and nobody wants them.

So the local stores are only able to sell about half of their inventory the way Nexus is distributing right now, and they are just getting out. I think if Nexus distributed each plane by the case, then there would be a ton more sales in the local shops. The owners could just buy the planes that are selling, and pass on the Russian & Belgian Hurricanes.

It's great that Nexus releases the planes in three paint schemes, but WWII air combat gamers here in this area definately have a taste for the more mainstream. Battle of Britian stuff, Mustangs and Meserschmitts, Battle of Midway and the likes.

But anyway, if this same situation exists in other markets here in the states, which I could definately see happeneing, then Nexus may be experiencing a period of poor sales for it's WWII line of planes. That could be causing them to take a second look at the next set, or even cause them to consider some type of change in their marketing.

My advise to Nexus, and I'm not trying to sound all snooty, I'm just a poor working stiff here; but I would say to the the decision makers at Nexus: concentrate on the mainstream for the WWII products, that's where the sales are. A Battle of Britain Hurricane is going to out sell both the Russian & Belgian Hurricanes together, a zillion to one. So they need to be making more of the BoB Cane' than the other two...a lot more. I don't think that is happening right now., unfortunately.

And that has been the problem that the store owners are running into. So the WWII line of planes has disappeared from the FLAGs here, to my great dismay.

The Cowman
05-19-2011, 21:40
Well, here in Columbus, I've noticed a disturbing trend in the local shops in town. The WWII planes are turning up on the markdown racks and bins. I've seen this in three FLAGS up to now. In talking to the store owners, it seems the WWI stuff sells great, but the WWII stuff has not done well. One owner told me that of the various planes, one or two of the represented paint schemes sells exceptionally well, in fact sells out, but the other paint schemes do not sell at all.

One of the owners of a couple stores said that he is getting out of the Wings of War WWII business! I couldn't believe my ears when he said that! The problem that caused this is that not too many folks want an Italian Stuka, a Belgian Hurricane and so forth. Not too many folks even knew what a D.520 even was. I think the local shops have to buy the planes by the case, which includes only a distibution of one each in each case. So the BoB Spit & Hurricane go like hot cakes, then the store is left trying to sell Russian and Belgian Hurricanes, and nobody wants them.

So the local stores are only able to sell about half of their inventory the way Nexus is distributing right now, and they are just getting out. I think if Nexus distributed each plane by the case, then there would be a ton more sales in the local shops. The owners could just buy the planes that are selling, and pass on the Russian & Belgian Hurricanes.

It's great that Nexus releases the planes in three paint schemes, but WWII air combat gamers here in this area definately have a taste for the more mainstream. Battle of Britian stuff, Mustangs and Meserschmitts, Battle of Midway and the likes.

But anyway, if this same situation exists in other markets here in the states, which I could definately see happeneing, then Nexus may be experiencing a period of poor sales for it's WWII line of planes. That could be causing them to take a second look at the next set, or even cause them to consider some type of change in their marketing.

My advise to Nexus, and I'm not trying to sound all snooty, I'm just a poor working stiff here; but I would say to the the decision makers at Nexus: concentrate on the mainstream for the WWII products, that's where the sales are. A Battle of Britain Hurricane is going to out sell both the Russian & Belgian Hurricanes together, a zillion to one. So they need to be making more of the BoB Cane' than the other two...a lot more. I don't think that is happening right now., unfortunately.

And that has been the problem that the store owners are running into. So the WWII line of planes has disappeared from the FLAGs here, to my great dismay.

Organized play drives sales...I would be happy to come to the stores in question and run WWII events and or tournaments... however, as I have said, my current helath issues, and my inability to drive creates a logistics problem for me. I kind of need someone to step up and help me out for a while. We are running some WWII events at Origins... are you planning on attending?

kaufschtick
05-19-2011, 21:51
Organized play drives sales...I would be happy to come to the stores in question and run WWII events and or tournaments... however, as I have said, my current helath issues, and my inability to drive creates a logistics problem for me. I kind of need someone to step up and help me out for a while. We are running some WWII events at Origins... are you planning on attending?

Not sure if I'm going to Orgins this year to play, or just to check out the vendor booths. Unfortunately for me, I work in the wonderful world of grocery retail, which means I work weekends. Not just some weekends, or a lot of weekends, I mean all weekends! So weekends are hard to get off from work for me, which means I have to pick and choose carefully. There isn't a whole lot of wiggle room left for me after family obligations, as far as weekends go, and just time in general (I have five children, ranging in age from 9 years old to 25 years old). I have a few close friends that I have still managed to stay close with, which gets the priority for any other weekend time I can scrape up.

So anyway, one of my lifelong best friends and I are planning on going to GenCon to play Axis and Allies Global, the Alpha+2 version, and Origins kinda got lost in there.

So I'm seeing the big Dogfight advertised on here, and I'd love to get in on that, but at this point in time, it looks like work is going to have me at Orgins time.

As far as organized play goes, I've never even done that before, to be honest. Nothing against it mind you, it's just that I've never had the time. Hell, I'm thrilled and feel lucky to be able to find the time to spend with my friends, and there has just never been the time for anything past that. Family comes first, and I've been blessed so far in life to have a wonderful family at that.

Oberst Hajj
05-19-2011, 21:51
Kaufschtick, I can't speak for your LGS, but I know for a fact that mine can order the planes up mix and match. I think the real burden lays on the game store owner to know his product and track it. That being said, most of these guys are working 60 hour weeks when they should really be working 100 hour weeks to stay on top thing the way they "should". It's much easier for them to just dump a whole line that overall is just doing okay sales wise for them then to run analyses on that product line.

I totally agree with you that the WWII version of the game is dieing. Heck, I own everything they have put out for WWII, but in the couple of years it has been out and that I have owned it, I think I've only played it maybe 4-5 times. The many different nations and plane types is the biggest problem they have with WWII right now.

The Cowman
05-19-2011, 21:53
Not sure if I'm going to Orgins this year to play, or just to check out the vendor booths. Unfortunately for me, I work in the wonderful world of grocery retail, which means I work weekends. Not just some weekends, or a lot of weekends, I mean all weekends! So weekends are hard to get off from work for me, which means I have to pick and choose carefully. There isn't a whole lot of wiggle room left for me after family obligations, as far as weekends go. I have a few close friends, which get the priority for any other weekend time I can scrape up.

So anyway, one of my lifelong best friends and I are planning on going to GenCon to play Axis and Allies Global, the Alpha+2 version, and Origins kinda got lost in there.

So I'm seeing the big Dogfight advertised on here, and I'd love to get in on that, but at this point in time, it looks like work is going to have me at Orgins time.

Maybe we can get the Colonel to call your Boss??? ;)

P-51D
05-19-2011, 21:55

I agree with what you say. I know the game's designer prides himself on providing planes that represent the smaller combatants in the war as well as the major combatants. I see his vision and what he is trying to accomplish. But lets be honest here. I can't speak for Europe or other parts of the world, but in the United States the countries that are going to sell the best are of course the United States and German planes. They are far and away the most popular with the English and Japanese being in the next group. I find it hard to swallow that thus far in the miiniature line there are only three Wildcats to represent the USA. After set III we will get at least one more in one P-40, maybe two P-40's, yet Japan will have 10!! miniatures. Germany will have four!! yet the British 7 or more. I have no problem with that personally as I like the whole era and not just what the USA and Germany did, but to get big sales people want the iconic planes, Fw-190, Corsair, P-38, P-51 Mustangs etc etc. Yeah, they have been working on the rules for the faster planes I get that, but they need to start getting the more iconic later war stuff out to appeal to those who aren't as diehard as most of us are. I am still ben t we got two Axis dive bombers but no allied dive bomber. WE have the B-25 coming(hopefully) for another American plane and the HE-111 for the Germans. I think those are both grea selections. I think the minor nations are fun to have, but the major combatants are what will drive sales. But since this is more of a world wide game perhaps they aren't as worried about the weakening American dollar. Who knows for sure, hopefully they just keep coming and we can get at least one new series a year for the next 5+ years or so and start seeing some more late war stuff to help boost sales. Though the 109, Spitfire, and Zero are Iconic enough for many people.

kaufschtick
05-19-2011, 22:11
Maybe we can get the Colonel to call your Boss??? ;)

That is so funny, because I've had my close friends hound me hard, to "call in sick" more than a few times!;)

With five kids, and being salary, time is just so hard to make stretch to everything you want to do. Hell, I've still got about 60+ 1/144 scale planes waiting for their turn at the modeling table!

kaufschtick
05-19-2011, 22:19
But since this is more of a world wide game perhaps they aren't as worried about the weakening American dollar. Who knows for sure, hopefully they just keep coming and we can get at least one new series a year for the next 5+ years or so and start seeing some more late war stuff to help boost sales. Though the 109, Spitfire, and Zero are Iconic enough for many people.

I'll tell you another thing, the price of fuel isn't helping either. Things like "little miniature airplanes" tend to fall off the list of things that will get purchased at all, when the economy starts squeezing like this.

But as far as I've heard, the WWI stuff is still going strong, so that's good.

And I'm really excited by this new wargame by Zvesda, with it's 1/144 scale planes! I hope they keep expanding that game to include additional WWII Rusian aircraft, because the Russian planes, in 1/144 scale, are terrible as far as availability goes! :mad: Hopefully Zvesda will provide us 1/144 scale folks with some new offerings!

I totally agree with you that the WWII version of the game is dieing. Heck, I own everything they have put out for WWII, but in the couple of years it has been out and that I have owned it, I think I've only played it maybe 4-5 times. The many different nations and plane types is the biggest problem they have with WWII right now.

Wow, then it's the same where you are as well. I'm afraid they have lost, or just plain missed the US market so far.

I find it hard to swallow that thus far in the miiniature line there are only three Wildcats to represent the USA. After set III we will get at least one more in one P-40, maybe two P-40's, yet Japan will have 10!! miniatures. Germany will have four!! yet the British 7 or more. I have no problem with that personally as I like the whole era and not just what the USA and Germany did, but to get big sales people want the iconic planes, Fw-190, Corsair, P-38, P-51 Mustangs etc etc. Yeah, they have been working on the rules for the faster planes I get that, but they need to start getting the more iconic later war stuff out to appeal to those who aren't as diehard as most of us are.

Wow, I had no idea that the number of US aircraft was so low. I do the 1/144 scale stuff, and did most of my buying about two years ago. I've purchased just about everything there is in 1/144 that has to do with Wings of War, that is available. Mostly now, all I do is snipe at the few new offering that pop up from time to time in the scale.

I still think there is a huge market here in the US for WWII miniature planes; but if Nexus has only released three planes in US markings so far, then they are missing the boat entirely here in the US market. Hard to imagine that they could miss this, from a business point of view.

Now I can see the US getting only table scraps in the WWI game, but surely it isn't that hard to figure out that in WWII, that the US was a major player, as major as they came in that conflict.

Oberst Hajj
05-20-2011, 00:11
I have to concur with Ken that organized play is what really drives sells of any game. In my LGS, Wings of War is almost not played at all if I'm not running a campaign... I mean to the tune of maybe 1 pickup game every 4-5 months!

As for the US not having many minis in WoW WWII, we actually have 4 with the release of the Deluxe set. Still a quite poor showing for us Yanks! I have a feeling that will change once late war planes show up. We were a much bigger force in the later stages and our planes will work for both theaters of operations.

On the Pacific front, it's easy for the Japanese to rack up the minis... they are the only axis force in the theater. I could see them not getting a new mini in an upcoming release just to catch the US Pacific numbers up. I'm still PO'd about the lack of an Allied dive bomber as well! With a US Pacific dive bomber, we could do carrier wars now dang it!

P-51D
05-20-2011, 06:53
Hey Col I appreciate your incite and agree about the carrier wars. It really is a shame and a missed oppurtunity. You do know that one of the Series 1 Wildcats, specificly Black is actually a lend-lease British Martlet and is in RN colors? While it can proxy for another USN/Marine Corp Wildcat it is technically English. It for that reason I doubt all three P-40's will be American either. Hopefully one will be an Australian Kittyhawk. I am thinking Aussie Kittyhawk, Chinese/American Pilots Flying Tiger, and a USAAC P-40 Warhawk. That is only if the Commies don't get a lend lease version which I hope they don't. I would have had no problem with a P-39 lend lease plane for the Soviets as they used them more than we did. With the Yak coming hopefully the Soviets will not get a fourth plane and leapfrog the USA in physical miniatures. I would have to consider moving to a different game if that happened.

Oberst Hajj
05-20-2011, 08:12
Yes, you are correct about it being a Martlet... I had forgot about that!

AlgyLacey
05-20-2011, 09:04
That is so funny, because I've had my close friends hound me hard, to "call in sick" more than a few times!;)

Dear Rob's Boss,
Please excuse him games and actual work on Saturday as he is suffering with a nasty case of Malingering and his Flight Leader needs him as a chock that day.

PS the dog ate his homework.

;-P

jhary
05-20-2011, 09:34
With this we don´t deliver Politic NG ruins a perfect game. Table Top history is full of Games ruined by there own Companys.

kaufschtick
05-20-2011, 20:59
Dear Rob's Boss,
Please excuse him games and actual work on Saturday as he is suffering with a nasty case of Malingering and his Flight Leader needs him as a chock that day.

PS the dog ate his homework.

;-P

LOL!!!! :D:D:D:D

Diamondback
05-20-2011, 22:28
That is only if the Commies don't get a lend lease version which I hope they don't. I would have had no problem with a P-39 lend lease plane for the Soviets as they used them more than we did. With the Yak coming hopefully the Soviets will not get a fourth plane and leapfrog the USA in physical miniatures. I would have to consider moving to a different game if that happened.
Oh, man, don't wind me up about the DDSGCB's... do you have any idea what kind of rectal mastication I had to take from Admin over on Forumini last time the Reds came up as their own topic? C'mon, we may have been late to the party, but the only place US forces weren't a tipping-point was Eastern Front... and we're still one of the top five consumer-markets and pull mostly for the Home Team.

As for the US not having many minis in WoW WWII, we actually have 4 with the release of the Deluxe set. Still a quite poor showing for us Yanks! I have a feeling that will change once late war planes show up. We were a much bigger force in the later stages and our planes will work for both theaters of operations.

On the Pacific front, it's easy for the Japanese to rack up the minis... they are the only axis force in the theater. I could see them not getting a new mini in an upcoming release just to catch the US Pacific numbers up. I'm still PO'd about the lack of an Allied dive bomber as well! With a US Pacific dive bomber, we could do carrier wars now dang it!
Yeah, and if the Brits need a dive-bomber for "Game Balance"*snort* give 'em the Barracuda. (Bonus, that gets foot-in-the-door for Torps... the Brits didn't like single-engine bombers much. Which would benefit SB2C-4/5 late-model Helldivers as well...) Oh, BTW, Dauntless should be able to use Vertical DB, the ones at Midway were coming in almost as steep as any Stuka...

Doug
05-21-2011, 04:21
I have to agree with all the comments made in prior posts. Also I like the 1/200 scale. When DoW firstcame out I thought they were going to concentrate on the Battle of Britiain and the Battle of Midway, not the add ons which could have come later on (I was wrong on that point). Just going by this web sight the majority of players are either from the US or Britain (and Australia) those are the planes that they should of concentrated on because that would be where the sales are going to come from. The other big mistake is that they have made no new releases (or given us any reason why not) this year! If they cannot give us the models why not the cards they promissed. That at least would be a start. I must admit to being fustrated and annoyed by the whole process.

AlgyLacey
05-21-2011, 06:25
He said
Politic .!

Hersh's round!

Madboyo
05-21-2011, 07:13
I love WOW with the Minis the lack of support for the WWII side has meant I won't be aiming for this until there is a real depth of planes especially in the Pacific arena. Many of my friends feel the same. I have boxes of games that have lost support before they were fully formed. Lets hope DOW is supported better, and soon!

jhary
05-21-2011, 08:20
Chris at least the rule system is stable. i was in an Scifi Table top where they tuned every month on the major Fractions up up down and the Minorities where just practis targets. then they had every thing ok version 1,5 came then 1,6 then moore rule books inside the version what trow every thing over again then 2,0 and i said enoutgh.

Okie
05-23-2011, 01:13
P-40 Flying Tiger!! Its a must have!!

Hunter
05-23-2011, 02:52
I have to agree with all the comments made in prior posts. Also I like the 1/200 scale. When DoW firstcame out I thought they were going to concentrate on the Battle of Britiain and the Battle of Midway, not the add ons which could have come later on (I was wrong on that point). Just going by this web sight the majority of players are either from the US or Britain (and Australia) those are the planes that they should of concentrated on because that would be where the sales are going to come from. The other big mistake is that they have made no new releases (or given us any reason why not) this year! If they cannot give us the models why not the cards they promissed. That at least would be a start. I must admit to being fustrated and annoyed by the whole process.

I agree with you Alastair, for example why did they made a Soviet Hurricane instead of an ANZAC one?

Goetz Keitl
05-25-2011, 05:04
Great!

I am very happy about the WW1 Bombers, but i know i´ll be buying all of the planes anyway.

Good News!

Yours Joerg

Doug
05-26-2011, 00:56
Terry I would have been even happy with an RAF one with Polish markings, The Belgium Hurricans did not last long enough to warent one being a viable gaming oponent. (I converted mine to British) U have found little information of the service history of the Hurricans in Russian service to warent a model a better idea would have been for a estern Desert paint job, which is going to have to be another repaint job or I am going to have to wait for the Kittyhawks and change the markings. As for French planes they were used even less just sitting on airfields!, at least the one with Italian markings saw service in the Battle of Malta!

HardRock
06-21-2011, 16:48
With the seperation of FFG and Nexus announced yesterday, all releases look like they have been pushed back.

http://www.nexusgames.com/read.asp?id=3839

gully_raker
06-21-2011, 17:32
With the seperation of FFG and Nexus announced yesterday, all releases look like they have been pushed back.

http://www.nexusgames.com/read.asp?id=3839

:mad: Yuk! Looks like the WW1 Bombers wont be released until some time in 2012 now but at least they are saying a Series 1 re-release in September so lets hope that is correct.:eek:

HardRock
06-21-2011, 17:39
The FAQ says the WWI bombers will be released in AUGUST. It's the WWII bomber rules that will be released in 2012.

Oberst Hajj
06-21-2011, 17:43
Nope:

Which will be the first new Wings of War items distributed by Nexus Games?

The first new release by Nexus Games will be the WW2-Series III (Curtiss P-40E Warhawk, Yakovlev Yak-1, Kawasaki Ki-61 and Reggiane Re.2001 Falco), to be released in August.

After that, we are preparing to issue, before the end of 2012, the WW1 Bombers (Gotha and Caproni) and the Rain of Destruction boxed set for the WW2 version of the game.

David Manley
06-21-2011, 22:37
And no mention of the early war WW1 series (unless i missed it) :(

Boney10
06-22-2011, 04:16
And no mention of the early war WW1 series (unless i missed it) :(

Nope Dave you didnt miss it, was not mentioned, so it back to Skytrex/ Reviresco for me

miker
06-22-2011, 05:07
However, further down, they say this;

What are your plans about reprinting the out-of-stock items?
We will do our best to keep all the basic items for the Wings of War range always in stock!

We have already planned a reprint of the WW1 Deluxe Set (the core set for the Wings of War WW1 miniatures range), and of the best-selling WW1 Series 1. We expect that these reprints will be available in September. We plan to reprint other items, such as the WW2 Deluxe Set, and the WW1 Series 2, before the end of 2012

Boney10
06-22-2011, 07:33

We will do our best to keep all the basic items for the Wings of War range always in stock!

We have already planned a reprint of the WW1 Deluxe Set (the core set for the Wings of War WW1 miniatures range), and of the best-selling WW1 Series 1. We expect that these reprints will be available in September. We plan to reprint other items, such as the WW2 Deluxe Set, and the WW1 Series 2, before the end of 2012

Mike it is great to have optimism, afraid though Ill believe when I see on the shop shelves. I sincerely hope I am wrong

jhary
06-22-2011, 08:40

Many Wings of War products are completely out of stock, but we have a limited inventory in Europe of certain items which were out of stock at FFG.
Please contact our sales team (ngsales[at]nexusgames.com) for an updated list of items available in Europe, in our warehouse in Germany.

Ok have any one the adress of Warehouse?

David Manley
06-22-2011, 08:42
"Ok have any one the adress of Warehouse? "

as it says, contact ngsales for a list

David Manley
06-22-2011, 08:43
Nope Dave you didnt miss it, was not mentioned, so it back to Skytrex/ Reviresco for me

Or Shapeways, if things carry on as they have recently!

MayorJim
06-30-2011, 18:22
Here's news from the Italian site:

"The first new products that will be released directly by Nexus Games are the 12 airplane packs from the third series of Wings of War Miniatures WW2, which will add to the game the Curtiss P-40E Warhawk, Yakovlev Yak-1, Kawasaki Ki-61 and Reggiane Re.2001 Falco, each in three different color schemes. WW2-Series 3 is expected to be available in stores around the world at the end of august.

In september, a reprint of the Wings of War WWI Deluxe Set will be available. At the same time a reissue of some of the most popular miniatures from the Series 1 of World War I planes will be available: the Spad XIII piloted by the american ace pilot Rickenbaker, Elwood's Sopwith Camel, Udet's Albatros D.Va and of course the "Red Baron" Von Richtofen's Fokker DR I.

At the same time, two new versions of each of the airplanes from WW1 Series 1 will be made available, with completely new painting schemes: the Spad XIIIs piloted by the aces Coadou and Madon; the Sopwith Camel piloted by Stackard, together with the "Germanized" Camel piloted by Kissenberth; the Albatros D.Vas of von Hippel and Jacobs; the Fokker DR Is of Kirschstein and Lothar von Richthofen.

The range will continue to be expanded by Nexus Games with new releases. A full schedule of the upcoming releases will be issued in july."

also...

"...The first new release by Nexus Games will be the WW2-Series III (Curtiss P-40E Warhawk, Yakovlev Yak-1, Kawasaki Ki-61 and Reggiane Re.2001 Falco), to be released in August.

After that, we are preparing to issue, before the end of 2011, the WW1 Bombers (Gotha and Caproni) and the Rain of Destruction boxed set for the WW2 version of the game...."

and;

"We have already planned a reprint of the WW1 Deluxe Set (the core set for the Wings of War WW1 miniatures range), and of the best-selling WW1 Series 1. We expect that these reprints will be available in September. We plan to reprint other items, such as the WW2 Deluxe Set, and the WW1 Series 2, before the end of 2012.

Together with the reprints of the best planes in each series, we are also preparing new versions of the same planes, with new color schemes and new pilots."

Also, I just checked with my local hobby store, and they get supplied by Alliance, so there will be NO problems getting the new stuff...well, none short of the usual production delays :D

Propjockey53
07-13-2011, 06:43
Where the heck are the Fokker Eindeckers that were promised!!!!!

Diamondback
07-13-2011, 14:45
In Series 5.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-14-2011, 00:05
There seems to be a marked lack of a mention of series five in the news release.
Rob.

Bluedevil
07-14-2011, 00:17
how about this one ? :p

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/451552/451552,1252364239,3/stock-vector-vector-illustration-cute-pink-bunny-cartoon-concept-white-background-36676159.jpg

Flying Officer Kyte
07-14-2011, 00:35
how about this one ? :p

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/451552/451552,1252364239,3/stock-vector-vector-illustration-cute-pink-bunny-cartoon-concept-white-background-36676159.jpg

Is that in answer to the series 5 release questions, and if so who is flying it? Or is it thread morphing from the one about pink bunnies? Or have I just had one Tonic water too many in the Officers' club?
Makes a change from pink Elephants anyway.
Kyte.

The Cowman
07-14-2011, 00:58
I think you are just losing it Rob... welcome to the club... I wonder if we can get a gong for going bonkers... I'll meet ya up in the clock tower... :guns::brickwal::brickwal::brickwal::brickwal:

Bluedevil
07-14-2011, 01:02
Rats....I've posted it in the wrong thread :embarass:

it seems I'm the one that is going bonkers :brickwal::crash:

Flying Officer Kyte
07-14-2011, 01:29
Oooooh nooooo Ken. I can still see it. It's in both threads now.
Kyte.

Lugburz
07-14-2011, 04:39
I wonder if the scheduled restock and reprints will bump back series 5 :(

Du doch nicht!
07-14-2011, 07:09
I wonder if the scheduled restock and reprints will bump back series 5 :(

Thats what im suspecting too. And its a bit of a disappointment. On the other hand i guess nexus doesnt wants to flood the market with too much WOW-stuff released at the same time.

Oberst Hajj
07-14-2011, 07:23
Keep in mind that Series 4 and the Balloon Buster sets came out with in a few months of each other. We know from their previous schedule of releases that Series 5 is going to come out after the bombers.

wbfritze
07-17-2011, 14:56
Can't wait for the Gotha. Will be quite interesting.

macka321
07-18-2011, 08:47
Can see a real rush on Gotha's

greenalfonzo
07-19-2011, 13:34
This I really like!

"At the same time, two new versions of each of the airplanes from WW1 Series 1 will be made available, with completely new painting schemes: the Spad XIIIs piloted by the aces Coadou and Madon; the Sopwith Camel piloted by Stackard, together with the "Germanized" Camel piloted by Kissenberth; the Albatros D.Vas of von Hippel and Jacobs; the Fokker DR Is of Kirschstein and Lothar von Richthofen."

I will say that I would have rathered seen a second allied Camel instead of a captured version, but I suppose that the old adage in military toy lines still holds: "German always sells."

somaliavet
07-20-2011, 06:14
I will say that I would have rathered seen a second allied Camel instead of a captured version, but I suppose that the old adage in military toy lines still holds: "German always sells."

I agree, would rather see an Allied plane rather than a captured one, but I won't lie, I'll buy it. (And maybe a second one to do as a repaint!)

Oberst Hajj
07-20-2011, 22:29
I like having the captured plane my self. It gives the Central powers a nice boost during a 1917 campaign.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-21-2011, 01:11
I like having the captured plane my self. It gives the Central powers a nice boost during a 1917 campaign.

:salute:Ah! Remember though Herr Oberst, one captured plane does not a Jasta make.:salute:
Kyte.

Oberst Hajj
07-21-2011, 06:04
No, but how few Jastas were equipped with all the same type of planes... at the same time?

Lugburz
07-21-2011, 07:26
In one of the earlier pages for this thread I posted a photo of a captured Albatros with Entente roundels. It would be neat if they offered a captured German plane in addition to the upcoming Camel.

OrlokSubedei
07-21-2011, 09:13
Correct me if I am wrong, but the German planes captured by Entente forces were used only for evaluation flights, whereas the British planes captured by the Germans have been recorded as being used in very limited situations in combat situations (perhaps more in jest and just being cheeky rather than serious attempts at deception)? I guess for fantasy campaigns captured planes could be used regularly and helps the German side in '17-18 until D.VII's are used.

David Manley
07-23-2011, 13:13
IMHO the Kissenberth Camel is a bit of a waste of a slot in the Camel series. I'd much prefer another Allied aircraft. And as repaints go its fairly straightforward. think a number of the "repainters" here have tried it.

greenalfonzo
07-23-2011, 19:29
IMHO the Kissenberth Camel is a bit of a waste of a slot in the Camel series. I'd much prefer another Allied aircraft. And as repaints go its fairly straightforward. think a number of the "repainters" here have tried it.

I agree. The captured camel will be the only plane I pass on in the repaint series, besides, of course, the reissues.

Jager
07-28-2011, 02:11
Correct me if I am wrong, but the German planes captured by Entente forces were used only for evaluation flights, whereas the British planes captured by the Germans have been recorded as being used in very limited situations in combat situations (perhaps more in jest and just being cheeky rather than serious attempts at deception)? I guess for fantasy campaigns captured planes could be used regularly and helps the German side in '17-18 until D.VII's are used.

I thought I've read that a couple of the captured Entente planes were used in combat, but my reference books are inaccessable right now. Voss and a Neuport are sticking in my brain.
Karl
BTW: I agree that this is a waste of a Camel slot. KwE

petitbilbo
07-28-2011, 08:47
I agree: to each his own.

I imagine that the ammo should have been a problem too.

:salute:

Baldrick62
07-28-2011, 11:15
I imagine that the ammo should have been a problem too.

Considering that the Lewis seems to have been the LMG of choice for the German Stosstruppen in 1917-18, I'm not sure that captured stocks of .303 would have been much of an issue given the numbers of aircraft involved and the (relatively) low ammo expenditure.

petitbilbo
07-28-2011, 12:38
Seems logical...

Thanks!

:salute:

Hunter
07-29-2011, 00:04
Considering that the Lewis seems to have been the LMG of choice for the German Stosstruppen in 1917-18, I'm not sure that captured stocks of .303 would have been much of an issue given the numbers of aircraft involved and the (relatively) low ammo expenditure.

Hey, welcome back Baldrick.