PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect movement on the Immelmann

CappyTom
02-02-2011, 15:08
Hello All,
One question, if you plan an Immelmann and place the wrong movement card and also the wrong speed. Do you collect 2 A damage tokens? One for the wrong card and one for the wrong speed. Just need clarification.

Thanks
Tom

tuladin
02-02-2011, 15:54
Here's the rule in question:

If a player plans an illegal maneuver because he fails to follow these restrictions, when the illegal maneuver is revealed, replace it with a straight card and take an “A” token of damage for the stress on the structure of the airplane. If the maneuver is correct but the speed marker is not, replace the marker with an appropriate one and take an “A” damage token.

You're asking what happens if someone comes out of an Immelmann with, say. a fast turn instead of the required slow straight? Do they take damage for both mistakes?

I would say no. The second sentence only applies if the maneuver was correct.

CappyTom
02-02-2011, 17:07
Here's the rule in question:

If a player plans an illegal maneuver because he fails to follow these restrictions, when the illegal maneuver is revealed, replace it with a straight card and take an “A” token of damage for the stress on the structure of the airplane. If the maneuver is correct but the speed marker is not, replace the marker with an appropriate one and take an “A” damage token.

You're asking what happens if someone comes out of an Immelmann with, say. a fast turn instead of the required slow straight? Do they take damage for both mistakes?

I would say no. The second sentence only applies if the maneuver was correct.

Thanks Larry. When I was reading the rules it sounded like they got one for each.

tuladin
02-02-2011, 17:26
Of course, I could be wrong. I hope others chime in with how they play it.
:):):)

Oberst Hajj
02-02-2011, 23:31
I would also say they only take one.

Stormkahn
02-03-2011, 13:14
I say one but for a different reason...

Under the "Other Optional Rules and Altitude" the HS marker is immediately replaced with a LS marker regardless of planning, therefore he can't be at the wrong speed in this example. Generally I'd only say one anyway, sounds a bit harsh taking two :)

cheers,

Dave

CappyTom
02-03-2011, 13:28
I say one but for a different reason...

Under the "Other Optional Rules and Altitude" the HS marker is immediately replaced with a LS marker regardless of planning, therefore he can't be at the wrong speed in this example. Generally I'd only say one anyway, sounds a bit harsh taking two :)

cheers,

Dave

I agree. Just don't want any arguments before the fact. Thanks guys

MayorJim
02-03-2011, 13:43
We rarely use altitude...but, what we do for any illegal move is require a full straight to be played immediately in place of the illegal one...no damage taken...

CappyTom
02-03-2011, 14:19
We rarely use altitude...but, what we do for any illegal move is require a full straight to be played immediately in place of the illegal one...no damage taken...

So Jim are you talking about WW2 or WW1? Cause we do it that way with WW1. I guess we could do it with WW2 as well. I will see what everyone says.

MayorJim
02-05-2011, 19:16
Tom,
Sorry, wasn't too clear there...that's what we use for WW I...for WW II...it really hasn't arisen...yet...;-) I'm open for suggestions that don't bog things down too much.

Stormkahn
02-05-2011, 23:25
for WW2 the rules are the same, replace the illegal move with a straight at the current speed and take an A damage chit.....unless you play the optional ironman rule...

cheers,

Dave.

CappyTom
02-06-2011, 05:15
for WW2 the rules are the same, replace the illegal move with a straight at the current speed and take an A damage chit.....unless you play the optional ironman rule...

cheers,

Dave.

Ironman rule? Is it in the book?

Stormkahn
02-06-2011, 07:52
Ironman rule? Is it in the book?

Pg 9, optional rules - any illegal card play = death. Nasty :)

CappyTom
02-06-2011, 14:52
Pg 9, optional rules - any illegal card play = death. Nasty :)

That's what I thought. Just didn't feel like getting my box out to see the rules. Thanks.

MayorJim
02-07-2011, 15:53
Okay...I finally had to look it up. Page 9 states; "Illegal Moves: When a player plans an illegal move (for example, two steep manuevers in a row, or a Low Speed-only manuever at High Speed), at the moment in which that manuever has to be performed, the plane goes out of control and is eliminated. The plane counts as shot down by the enemy team for victory conditions."

not exactly Ironman...more like drop like a lead-balloon man ;-)

flash
02-07-2011, 16:15
Or you could spin them out :) http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?2375-Spinning-Out
but that is a house rule not an official one.

Stormkahn
02-07-2011, 22:29
not exactly Ironman...more like drop like a lead-balloon man ;-)

lol, harsh but fair :) :)

We use the term Iron man for anything that allows no mistakes :)

Stormkahn
02-07-2011, 22:29
Or you could spin them out :) http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?2375-Spinning-Out
but that is a house rule not an official one.

I like it a lot, more WW1 than 2?