PDA

View Full Version : Re: Vapnartak at York.

Flying Officer Kyte
01-31-2011, 10:58
Hi.
Is anybody else going up to York on Sunday for Vapnartak. If so we could arrange to meet up.
Rob.

Happy
01-31-2011, 11:31
Ill be there, i've arranged to pick up a couple of loose litko bases from the figures in comfort people, though not sure what time i'll be getting there til i arrange things with my mates on wednesday, i'll let you know then if you like, we could have pint!

Flying Officer Kyte
02-01-2011, 00:30
Sounds like a good idea Chris. Let me know. I'm aiming to get there for the start at Ten. Should be coming up with Christophe. I'll wear my Kyte sweatshirt, as in my profile picture, so you should be able to spot us.
Rob.

Happy
02-02-2011, 13:53
Rob, I'll be there around noon, probably in the bar by 12.15;) , i'll keep an eye out for you.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-02-2011, 14:11
Wilco.
Kyte out.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-06-2011, 11:47
Rob, I'll be there around noon, probably in the bar by 12.15;) , i'll keep an eye out for you.

How did we miss each other. Christophe Von Rogerstein and I were at the stair top in the bar from 12.10 till 1.00 but did not find you.
What a show though. It's come a long way since it was in the middle of York, which is the last time I was there.
I did manage to get another Nieuport, and a Figures in Comfort case, so it was well worth the trip up. We must try to get a game into the show for next year.
Rob.

Happy
02-06-2011, 12:08
Robb, sorry i missed you guys, will have to arrange something more definate next year, or if you go to Fiasco at the Royal Armouries.

I was keeping an eye out for you, but must admit being distracted by all the shiney things. I didnt think it was as good a show as last year, probably cos the bring and buy/hire a table wasnt as good, and i do like to pick up a bargain from there usually. Or possibly cos i didnt have as much spare ££ as usual!!

I did pick up some Peter Pig pilots, and some Litko bases - from Figures in Comfort where i was for ages, must get my eyes checked i was probably stood right next to you. Tried to pick a Pendraken 10mm Carrier Pigeon set - for a fun scenario idea, but they didnt carry them on the day. And added to my meagre collection by picking up Bishops SE5a from Caliver Books(who have a surprising good range of WoW stuff).

Flying Officer Kyte
02-07-2011, 01:23
It was just one of those things, I guess. Still it gave me time for a beer, so the time was not wasted.
What is the date for Fiasco, this year? i've not been there since we put on a game about 20 years ago.
It is amazing that we did not see you at FIC. as we went there on no less than three occasions whilst we were browsing. Did you get a look at the p.P. gunners, and if so are they any good?
Hope to meet up before too long.
Rob.

Happy
02-07-2011, 03:23
Im not sure of an exact date for Fiasco, its usually late October, i'll let you know when its confirmed, i didnt pick any PP Gunners up, but did look at both sets, i have nothing to compare them to, but they looked fine to me, the pilots i picked up are particularly good and fit in the empty seats a treat.

edit: there are pics of the gunners at the PP site

Flying Officer Kyte
02-07-2011, 05:16
Thanks Chris. I've used the PP pilots myself, but the gunners were not out when I did this. I may be tempted to get some in that case. Late October for Leeds sounds fine, the re-enactment season will be winding down by then.
Thanks, Rob.