PDA

View Full Version : Wings of War meet in Sheffield?

Danrit
01-30-2011, 06:17
Just fishing for feasibility here, would anyone be interested in coming to Sheffield for a day or half day game? I have access to our local community centre (very near the City Centre), or I could possibly organise some tables at the Triples Wargames show for members here and friends who attend.

Anyone interested? Is anyone willing to their gaming mats (I have 3) to play?Suggested format for a mini tournament or campaign?

I haven't thought about dates or anything as concrete as that, I'd be willing to fit in with everyone else (I can't move the date for Triples of course!). I could provide the grub too, the local butcher wins awards for his sausages!

Anyway, just an idea, let me know.

Marts.

Naharaht
01-30-2011, 06:59
It is a nice idea, Marts, but I cannot promise to attend. It is a long way from Norwich to Sheffield just for one day.

Dom S
01-30-2011, 11:34
I will if I can, but work weekends, so depends on whether I can get the time off, which is an issue on Saturdays especially....

Danrit
01-30-2011, 13:23
Norwich to Sheffield is an awkward journey I agree David. The lack of motorways makes it slow too. The train is fast though. You know, playing games would be so much easier without all the 'responsibility, employment, bills to pay' rubbish. Being an adult sucks!
If all else fails I'll do the table at Triples thing, someone did it last year and it seemed pretty popular.

Danrit
02-02-2011, 13:53
It's a non-starter I think. If anyone is planning a visit to Triples gimme a PM or reply here, I might set up a table anyway for the punters in general.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-02-2011, 14:10
Hi Marts.
What date is Tripples this year.
Rob.

Dom S
02-02-2011, 14:54
21st and 22nd May.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-03-2011, 00:41
Thanks Dom.
Rob.

Danrit
02-03-2011, 13:57
Yep, thanks Dom. If anyone fancies a meet up for a dogfight or merely to chew the fat let me know. I've normally finished with Traders and parking organisation by lunchtime on the Saturday so if anyone fancies a fruit smoothie (it is at the English Institute for Sport after all), PM me.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-04-2011, 00:02
As far as I know, I should be able to get there for the Saturday.
Rob.

Gavin
03-12-2011, 11:12
@Danrit, get down to the Sheffield and Rotherham Wargamers. We had a good night last Thursday with a few games. I did amazingly well so I think I may have found a game I am good at...............

Danrit
03-12-2011, 12:58
I can't make Thursdays usually Gavin so I had to pass on entering your campaign. I'll try and make it down at some point for a natter and a look. I'll be running a Wings of War table at Triples if you're down, although it won't begin until the afternoon on the Saturday as I have to sort out the Traders vans and Car park in the morning.
I'm also in the Sheffield Wings of War tournament in July if you or any of your chums can make that.