PDA

View Full Version : Australian Flying Corps

Windy Jack
02-13-2021, 22:51
It's all quiet here on the Australian Front. No posting since my new year greeting.

I thought I would share with you a book that Baxter loaned me that I have found very informative and interesting, even if at times gruesome. The book is Fire in the Sky; the Australian Flying Corps in the First World War, by Michael Molkentin, Allen & Unwin, 2010.
The first half deals with Palestine, then it moves on to training in Britain, and then deals with the Western Front.

gully_raker
02-14-2021, 18:59
:thumbsup: Yes an excellent book giving the history of the 4 AFC squadrons who served in WW1
Highly recommended.

Michael works as a High School teacher south of Wollongong in NSW & has authored other books & a DVD.

Windy Jack
02-14-2021, 23:25
Michael works as a High School teacher south of Wollongong in NSW & has authored other books & a DVD.

I have read his book on Ross and Keith Smith and their mechanics. As well as their flight to Australia, it described Ross' flying in Palestine.

Hedeby
02-15-2021, 05:32
Thanks for the heads up, need a good supply of books ready for a long hot spring and summer lounging on the patio with a cold beer...