PDA

View Full Version : Skytrex and Reviresco

vacca rabite
01-17-2011, 16:40
Two questions.

1) how long does it normally take for models shipped from Skytrex in England to reach their destination in the USA? Some bombers shipped out on the 4th, and I still wait. Patient, but I am curious how long it takes. Tomorrow they will have been 14 days in the post.

2) has anyone one built the Friedrichshafen G-III from Reviresco? It looks great, but I am very worried about the cardstock wings and tail section. Is it super fragile?

Thanks
Zach

Dom S
01-17-2011, 16:47
1). Post to the US is *very* slow at the moment due to US Homeland Security checks - delivery times are unfortunately a total lottery at the moment - some items are getting through in a few days, but a few weeks has been far more normal since mid-November.

vacca rabite
01-17-2011, 16:56
I kind of suspected that. Well, I will still hope that they will arrive this week so that I can get them together for the game on the 22nd. If not, well, I continue to wait. I guess I should order some of the other planes I want from Revieresco then, even though I think that Skytrex has the superior models.

jbmacek
01-17-2011, 17:21
I've gotten scifi 15s from Ground Zero Games in England, and I don't remember them taking this long.

IRM
01-17-2011, 17:26
Skytrex do say "up to 30 days" for delivery, customs etc notwithstanding.

Diamondback
01-17-2011, 18:01
Vacca, it might be fairly simple to replace the cardstock with very thin sheet-styrene, using the original parts as templates.