PDA

View Full Version : WGF: Crossfire booster

Oberst Hajj
10-05-2009, 14:18
More goodness for the card players of Wings of War WWI.

This time a Bristol Fighter F.2B, Phonix C.1, SAML S.2 and a Rumpler C.IV (You will find this one as a miniature in Series 4 as well ;) )

tyree67
10-05-2009, 15:52
they all look great can't wait.

Zeppelin
10-05-2009, 16:51
Thanks for posting the preview artwork Col. Hajj. They look awesome.

WilliamBarkerVC
10-05-2009, 18:58
One word: Brisfit.

Angiolillo
10-05-2009, 19:58
C'mon, we can afford to invest in two of them... Bristol Fighter! ;)

WilliamBarkerVC
10-05-2009, 20:02
C'mon, we can afford to invest in two of them... Bristol Fighter! ;)

Well, ok ... fine ... ;)

Now, when the mini comes out ... I will have a fit over my new BrisFit! :p

Canine99
10-05-2009, 21:20
As usual, the artwork looks fantastic. I finally have my favorite plane...GO BrisFit.

Nipotra Paul
10-05-2009, 23:55
Ciao Andrea,
non ti proccupare se parlo Italiano, lo sanno che il mio inglese fa schifo, e Keith mi ha già dato una mano nelle traduzioni troppo lunghe o scritte in maniera poco scolastica.
Volevo chiederti, visto anche che il giuoco è italiano, cè l'intenzione di ampliare il range di modelli che combattevano sul fronte italiano?, per ora abbiamo solo lo Spad e il Nieuport 17 (se coloriamo le coccarde e cancelliamo la testa dell'indiano) per l'Italia e l'Albatros DIII e l'UFAG per l'Austria-Ungheria
Magari un biposto italiano, visto anche che non erano per nulla male, non sarebbe una cattiva idea
Grazie per l'attenzione
Paolo

English translation by admin:

Hello Andrea
you do not have concerns if I speak Italian, I know that my English sucks, and Keith has already given me a hand in translations too long or written in a little school.
I wanted to ask, especially as the game is Italian, do you intend to expand the range of models who were fighting on the Italian front?, For now we only have the Spad and Nieuport 17 (if colored ribbons and clears the head of the Indian ) for Italy and the Albatros DIII and BLW for Austria-Hungary
Maybe a two-seater Italian, especially as they were not at all bad, would not be a bad idea
Thank you for your attention
Paul

Angiolillo
10-06-2009, 02:55
(Post asking for more planes for the Italian front, maybe a two-seater) Yes, actually there are several on the cards (Pomilio PC, now Saml S.2). Take into account that some other Allied planes (as Barker's Camel) ort German (as Albatross D.Va) fought in Italy. But as long as miniatures are concerned, the next one for Italy... will be the Caproni Ca.3!

Sì, in effetti ce n'è diversi sulle carte (Pomilio PC, ora Saml S.2 - e per i caccia Hanriot e Nieuport 11). Tieni anche conto che altri aerei alleati (come il Camel di Barker) e tedeschi (come l'Albatros D.Va) hanno combattuto in Italia. Ma per le miniature il prossimo italiano... sarà il Caproni Ca.3!

http://www.aviastar.org/pictures/italy/caproni_ca-3_1.jpg

Naharaht
10-06-2009, 05:34
Those four planes look great!

sniperscout
10-06-2009, 14:21
Bring on the Brisfit mini!

hardrada
10-06-2009, 14:39
I would be happy with any of the above - particularly for the Austrians and Germans!

Roger Wilco
10-06-2009, 22:20
HOORAY! The Bristol Fighter is finally getting a guernsey, even better an Aussie one at that too!
WOOHOO!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Oh yeah! The others planes look nice too!:cool:

Nipotra Paul
10-06-2009, 23:52
Ciao Andrea e a tutti gli altri!
Si, infatti io mi riferivo alle miniature con piloti italiani o austriaci, il Caproni Ca3 è un'ottima idea e anche un bel "bestione", ma anche un Hanriot DI ci starebbe bene visto che questo aereo era più usato che lo Spad. Anche gli Austriaci hanno aerei interessanti come il Phonix monoposto o l'Hansa-Brandenburg CI e DI
Io ho modificato un paio di Camel e ho riprodotto gli Hanriot di Baracchini e Scaroni. A proposito di Barker, se non sbaglio, è il pilota che ha ottenuto più vittorie sul fronte italiano.
Grazie per l'attenzione
Un ringraziamento speciale al mio traduttore
Paolo

English translation by admin:

Hello Andrea and to all the other! Itself, in fact I reported myself to the miniatures with Italian pilots or Austrians, the Goats Ca3 is an excellent idea and also a fine one "oaf", but also a Hanriot OF there would be well seen that this airplane was more used that the Spad. Also the Austrians have interesting airplanes like the single-seater Phonix or l' Hansa-Brandenburg US and OF I changed a couple of Camel and reproduced the Hanriot of Transceivers and Scaroni. By the way of Barker, if not mistake, is the pilot that
obtained more victories on the Front Italian. Thanks for the caution A special thanks to my translator Paolo

Doug
10-07-2009, 03:37
I to would like to see some more Italian planes. But as I know nothing of the air war in Italy can some one direct me to a web page where I can learn more; eg what types of aircraft were used by both sides?

bsmith13
10-07-2009, 08:10
Great looking artwork!

I can't complain at all about lack of WoW updates, but I might need another job to keep up...

Angiolillo
10-07-2009, 09:15
Barker's Camel has been the single aircraft scoring most victories in all WW1!
(Il Camel di Barker è il singolo apparecchio che ha effettuato più vittorie in tutta la prima guerra mondiale).

Can't name a site about the Italian front, but I did a boardgame for the Italian Air Force Ministry back in the early '90s ("La Squadriglia degli Assi", with aviation historian Gregory Alegi as a co-author), and the counters included most of the planes that fought on the Italian front (with Italian and Austrian colors, but French, English, German too). Some are missing, as the Nieuport 27, but many are included.

Here they are, they can be a checklist for you:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/36104?size=large

http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic36104_lg.jpg

Nipotra Paul
10-07-2009, 23:59
Ciao,
Certo, Andrea, conosco il tuo gioco da molti anni, lo trovai come allegato nella rivista "areonautica e difesa" è molto carino e anche molto curato tanto da soddisfare uno. spesso, molto esigente come me ( ma sai sono un appassionato, per hobby, ho guidato aerei per 15 anni). Ti dirò una cosa, su dei grossi esagoni, costruiti per altre ragioni da un mio amico, ho fatto una partita con la "Squadriglia degli Assi" usando i modellini di Wings of War
Ciao Paolo
Grazie ancora Admin

Translation by admin:

Hello,
Sure, Andrew, I know your game for many years, I found it as an attachment in the magazine "aeronautics and defense" is very nice and very well cared enough to meet one. often very demanding as me (but you know I am a passionate hobby, I have driven aircraft for 15 years). I'll tell you what, big hexagons, built for other reasons by a friend of mine, I did a lot with the "Squadron of the Aces" using the models of Wings of War
Hello Paul
Thanks again Admin

Angiolillo
10-08-2009, 06:24
:eek: Amazing! ;)

:eek: Davvero! ;)

Grazie mille,

A.

Angiolillo
10-08-2009, 06:28
As usual, the artwork looks fantastic. I finally have my favorite plane...GO BrisFit.

And another favorite... the one of your avatar! Here it is, wit the same 2 and the same cock... ;)

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=310

Nipotra Paul
10-09-2009, 01:27
Caspita!
ho visto il progetto dello Spad VII e dall'Aviatik D.I (fronte italiano!:D) sono bellissimi, quando arrivano?
una curiosità, da ignorante, ma come si fa ad inserire l'immagine dell'aereo nello spazio dove c'è il nickname
Paolo

Translation by Admin:

Wow!
I saw the draft of the Spad VII and dall'Aviatik DI (Italian front!) are beautiful when they arrive?
curiosity, by ignorant, but how do I put the image of the plane in space where there is a nickname
Paul

Baron
10-09-2009, 04:56
Vai nel menu USER CP (sopra destra), doppo cerca al menu di sinistra Edit your Avatar. Cosi puoi scegliere un aereo come avatar.

Translation by Admin:

Go to the User CP menu (above right), double circle to the left menu Edit your Avatar. So you can choose a plane as avatars.

Nipotra Paul
10-12-2009, 05:34
Thanks for the information Red Baron, I have chosen the airplane of Ruffo of Calabria, because he is a pilot that lived in my City and there is buried: Ronchi of Massa (Versilia)

Oberst Hajj
11-18-2009, 04:39
Bristol F2B Fighter Lieutnant Andrew Edward McKeever
Sergeant Leslie Archibald Powell 11 Squadron Royal Flying Corps
Bristol F2B Fighter Captain Alfred Clayburn Atkey
Lieutnant Charles George Gass 22 Squadron Royal Flying Corps
Bristol F2B Fighter Lieutnant Keith Rodney Park
Aircraftman 2nd Class H. Lindfield 48 Squadron Royal Flying Corps
Bristol F2B Fighter - 39 Squadron Royal Flying Corps
Bristol F2B Fighter Capitain D. W. Rutherford
Lieutnant J. McElligot 1 Squadron Australian Flying Corps
Bristol F2B Fighter - - Koninklijke Luchtmacht
Bristol F2B Fighter porucznik Wacław Makowski
podporucznik Robert Vanderauvera 1 Eskadra Wywiadowcza Wojska Lotnicze
Bristol F2B Fighter - - Fuerza Aerea Mexicana
Rumpler C.IV - 2.Marine Feld Flieger Abteilung Luftstreitkräfte
Rumpler C.IV - - Luftstreitkräfte
Rumpler C.IV - - Luftstreitkräfte
SAML S.2 Tenente Innocenzo Paroli e Tenente Livio Palazzi 113a Squadriglia Regio Esercito
SAML S.2 Capitano Mario Reboa e Capitano Silvio Morelli 115a Squadriglia Regio Esercito
SAML S.2 Caporale Giovanni Burigotto e Tenente Attilio Poppi 118a Squadriglia Regio Esercito
Phönix C.I Zugsführer Max Kauer e Oberleutnant Arnold Barwig Flik 28D Kaiserliche und Koenigliche Luftfahrtruppen
Phönix C.I - - Kaiserliche und Koenigliche Luftfahrtruppen
Phönix C.I - 1st Fighter Detachment Letalska Stotnija Ljubljana
Phönix C.I - - Ceskoslovenske Letectvo

The Bristol F2B will get the H deck with an Immelman added to it (might be have a new Letter name for the deck, not sure at this point). There will be 2 of these new maneuver decks in the booster. The other planes will get the K maneuver deck.

Since booster packs have no rules in them, below is the rules that will come out in the Flight of Giants box set for two seaters and Immelmanns:

OBSERVERS AND IMMELMANN TURN
Some two seaters, as the Bristol F.2 Fighter (not included in this box, but available in the Crossfire booster pack), have the Immelmann turn card in their maneuver decks: they cannot fire to a target in the rear cone after using that card, nor the card just before and just after it. If a such plane fires to a target in the rear cone after the last card of a turn, it cannot plan the Immelmann card as the first card of the next.

TheLastLandStander
11-18-2009, 07:09
Can't wait for this one!

aarondpjames
11-18-2009, 07:31
Great find Col!!

Now we know what cards are comming out, we can start buying up the metal mini's!!! Where did i put my credit card???? :D

usmc1855
11-18-2009, 14:40
Since booster packs have no rules in them, below is the rules that will come out in the Flight of Giants box set for two seaters and Immelmanns:

OBSERVERS AND IMMELMANN TURN
Some two seaters, as the Bristol F.2 Fighter (not included in this box, but available in the Crossfire booster pack), have the Immelmann turn card in their maneuver decks: they cannot fire to a target in the rear cone after using that card, nor the card just before and just after it. If a such plane fires to a target in the rear cone after the last card of a turn, it cannot plan the Immelmann card as the first card of the next.

Nice addition to the rules.

Oberst Hajj
11-19-2009, 05:01
Where did i put my credit card???? :D

Sorry, I had it :D

aarondpjames
11-19-2009, 05:49
Sorry, I had it :D

Better you that the "Long haired General", less chance of it getting maxed out!!! :mad:

The Blue Baron
11-19-2009, 06:01
I don't know what is worth for your bank account:the "long haired general" buying - let's say shoes - or the Col. buying aircraft stuff...
;)

aarondpjames
11-19-2009, 06:16
I don't know what is worth for your bank account:the "long haired general" buying - let's say shoes - or the Col. buying aircraft stuff...
;)

....the aircraft I could live with!! At least my money would be getting spent of stuff I approved of, even if I didn't get to see it!!! Having Model aircraft written on a bank statment would at least look more "Matcho" then having 5 pairs of 6inch stellotos!!!!:eek:

bsmith13
11-19-2009, 07:23
Another release I can't wait for!

Propjockey53
06-15-2010, 19:43
And WHEN are we actually going to hjave these in our hands?!?!

Pseudotheist
07-15-2010, 05:13
FYI: My FLGS called me last night to tell me this is in.

Roger Wilco
07-15-2010, 16:29
Thanks for the heads up Todd I'll have to check it out.

csadn
07-15-2010, 22:58
Just remember: The F2B is a *fighter*, not a recon bird or bomber -- so have your dancing shoes on. >;)

(The F2B is my second-favorite WW1 unit, after the Hanriot.)

Roger Wilco
07-15-2010, 23:55
Does anyone know if we get a twin mount rear gun version of the F2B. Could be nasty to have to tackle in a dogfight, as it is I fear the std version will probably over power just about any other plane released so far.

ChaosChild
07-16-2010, 07:59
Does anyone know if we get a twin mount rear gun version of the F2B. Could be nasty to have to tackle in a dogfight, as it is I fear the std version will probably over power just about any other plane released so far.

There are 6 B/B, 1 B/A and 1 AB/A. So, yes.

csadn
07-16-2010, 22:39
and 1 AB/A.

OK, as my copy hasn't arrived yet: What names and unit does this one have attached to it?

ChaosChild
07-17-2010, 09:44
OK, as my copy hasn't arrived yet: What names and unit does this one have attached to it?

Unknown Pilot, Royal Flying Corps 39 Squadron

krolik
07-17-2010, 12:57
Just picked up Crossfire today. 2 S decks & 1 K deck. Now I have a card & deck to go with my Polish Brisfit.

csadn
07-17-2010, 22:49
Unknown Pilot, Royal Flying Corps 39 Squadron

OK -- can't find any data on a 3-gun F2B....

Flying Officer Kyte
07-18-2010, 14:40
Try this one for size.F2b B1162.Sgt. Ernest Elton and Lt. Roland Critchley.
Standard plane with the addition of an overwing Lewis and double guns for the observer.
Rob.

csadn
07-18-2010, 22:54
Try this one for size.F2b B1162.Sgt. Ernest Elton and Lt. Roland Critchley.
Standard plane with the addition of an overwing Lewis and double guns for the observer.

Need to get a copy of _F2B Aces_....

"Rule 37: There Is No 'Overkill'; There Is Only 'Open Fire' And 'I Need To Reload'." >:)

tuladin
07-23-2010, 17:58
The AB/A Bristol F2b doesn't have a rear arc. Does anyone know how it shoots?

Angiolillo
07-26-2010, 19:49
Just a typo, very sorry for that: please draw it at the rear of the plane.

Thanks so much,

Andrea