PDA

View Full Version : WoW vs DoW rules

Gallo Rojo
01-09-2011, 04:20
Cheers!

do anyone know if DoW and WoW rules are different to recreate something particular of each time period (i.e.: faster moves in WWII, slower in WWI) or was it just an adjustment in the game general mechanics?

On a side note I think it could be cool having speed changes in WWI too

Oberst Hajj
01-09-2011, 05:06
Yes, the DoW rules give the game a very different feel. The speed feels about the same for the WWI planes as the WWII (after all, the cards are the same size). However, the WWI planes feel and are much more maneuverable.

hatfieldsinal
01-09-2011, 13:40
I've never heard why the rules are different. It would be interesting to hear why.

I assume one of the reasons there are no speed differences is because many of the WWI planes were on/off engines with no throttle.

Interestingly, the difference between the two tripped up my boys and I as we have been playing an Immelmann in WoW as a straight, Immelmann, Short straight (Steep Maneuver) instead of straight/Immelmann/straight because we transposed the DoW fast straight, Immelmann, slow straight rules to WoW.

csadn
01-09-2011, 14:44
I assume one of the reasons there are no speed differences is because many of the WWI planes were on/off engines with no throttle.

Most likely -- tho' since every plane has a different movement deck, it wouldn't have been that hard to have planes with throttles have "fast" and "slow" moves, while rotaries didn't. I suspect the _DoW_ mechanic was thought of after _WoW_ went to press, which is why it turned up there.