PDA

View Full Version : DONCASTER 2019 SUMMARY

Hedeby
09-29-2019, 09:01
Well that’s another year completed, our sixth annual gathering, and our sixth one at the South Yorkshire Air Museum in Doncaster.

I would like to thank all those that helped make this another fun weekend, filled with friendship, laughter (and a good smattering of boom cards).

Firstly can I thank Alan and Tracey at the museum for allowing us to shatter the silence once again.

Next I would like to thank those who helped make everything happen, especially to Neil (Skafloc) who was unfortunately unable to join us (Seems that having a month in Canada was a better option, lol). Along with Neil I must thank Simon (Maverick) and Chris (Boney10) who despite being a pair of boaty boys ensured that us with wings (and sails) had such a good weekend.

I would like to thank everyone who once again donated prizes and those that contributed via our raffle earlier in the year.

Also needing a huge vote of thanks are those chaps who ran the games we enjoyed so much, especially those sharing the new games with us on Friday (Tripods and BSG). I would like to add a personal thank you to Steve (Guntruck) for his excellent WW2 game on the Saturday, which was so good we ran it twice. Who knew the Swiss even had an airforce???) and once again thanks to Tim for the use of his air armada for our Ace of Aces game.

Finally I need to thank everyone who attended, especially our wonderful European friends who once again made the effort to cross the oceans to join us, it really wouldn’t be the same without you, so thanks to Andrzej, Guus, Lex, Sven (and his wooden spoons), Paul (French by default), Daniel, Joachim and Diana... massive apologises if I have missed anyone out.

I am sure many photos and anecdotes will follow So I will leave the telling of those stories to others.

Roll on 2020...

matt56
09-29-2019, 16:30
Glad it was another grand time, Chris! I need to make it to Donnie in the not-too-distant future, to be sure! I look forward to further reportage!:sAprvd:

All the best,
Matt

Hedeby
09-29-2019, 23:18
We would be honoured if you could make it one year.

Flying Helmut
09-30-2019, 16:03
Or more than one! ;)

tikkifriend
10-01-2019, 04:04
So say we all