PDA

View Full Version : Missiles

ca1701
04-10-2019, 15:45
I was hoping the latest releases would have included some new rules, alas they did not.

So here is an idea for low bookkeeping missiles on Vipers and Raiders. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Dumb-Fire Missile = 2 damage chits
- Range 0 - 12 cm > Attack 7
- Range 13 - 24 cm > Attack 10

Guided Missile = 1 damage chit
- Range 0 - 12 cm > Attack 5
- Range 13 - 24 cm > Attack 8

If a guided missile is fired at you, and the firing ship is within Arc, you have an opportunity to shoot down the missile. This takes place instead of firing at a ship.
At Range 0 - 12 cm > Attack 10
At Range 13 - 24 cm > Attack 8

Vipers and Raiders can hold 4 Dumb-Fire or 2 Guided Missiles.

Alternatively, I have thought about using the FTL markers as stand-ins for missiles. This would also allow missiles to turn and "track" their targets.

Naharaht
04-11-2019, 09:54
I think the missiles will be coming with the Cylon Heavy Fighters and the Colonial Raptors.

Ken at Sunrise
04-11-2019, 10:09
I think the missiles will be coming with the Cylon Heavy Fighters and the Colonial Raptors.

Oh that does sound interesting. I don't recall missiles ever being targeted at fighters in the show, but they are definitely needed for scenarios and capital ship engagements. Plus we've already seen prototypes of two capital ships. ;)

ca1701
08-05-2019, 21:22
With the set of Raptors and Heavy Raiders released, did these include cards or rules for Missiles?

Naharaht
08-05-2019, 22:20
I do not think that they have been released yet, Ken.

ca1701
08-05-2019, 22:35
I know that several were available for sale at GenCon. I guess my hope was someone bought them and looked through them.

matt56
08-06-2019, 03:40
I picked up the Cylon Heavy Raider Veteran, Boomer's Raptor, and the Raptor Assault/Combat gunship at GenCon - there are three Raptors and three Heavy Raiders available. Neither the Veteran heavy raider nor Boomer's Raptor has any missle rules as part of the packaging. The Raptor gunship has an ECM card that lets you attempt to control the direction of incoming missles, and it contains another card, a Rocket Pods card, that allows it to fire rockets at short or medium range that increase the chance to do damage (the Raptor's Attack is normally an 8, but the Rocket Pods card gives it a 6 attack - and at short range it also gives a +2 to hit.) I am not sure where the official Missle Rules might come into things. Did I overlook them in the rule book somewhere? Are they perhaps on the Ares website as a download?

The new models are gorgeous, by the way - Boomer's Raptor is all chipped and scuffed up very nicely:)

All the best,
Matt

ca1701
08-06-2019, 04:56
I picked up the Cylon Heavy Raider Veteran, Boomer's Raptor, and the Raptor Assault/Combat gunship at GenCon - there are three Raptors and three Heavy Raiders available. Neither the Veteran heavy raider nor Boomer's Raptor has any missle rules as part of the packaging. The Raptor gunship has an ECM card that lets you attempt to control the direction of incoming missles, and it contains another card, a Rocket Pods card, that allows it to fire rockets at short or medium range that increase the chance to do damage (the Raptor's Attack is normally an 8, but the Rocket Pods card gives it a 6 attack - and at short range it also gives a +2 to hit.) I am not sure where the official Missle Rules might come into things. Did I overlook them in the rule book somewhere? Are they perhaps on the Ares website as a download?

The new models are gorgeous, by the way - Boomer's Raptor is all chipped and scuffed up very nicely:)

All the best,
Matt

Thanks for the intel, Matt. As far as I know the only item that seems to have been added are the rocket pods. Perhaps Ares will release new missile rules when the official release happens later in the year.

Marechallannes
08-06-2019, 14:07
Nice Info, Matt.

I preordered Boomers Raptor & the Veteran Raider. :)

Lt. S.Kafloc
10-23-2019, 12:07
Fancy playing missiles with a lock on token. Ie each type that can fir can only control ## missiles. So although some can carry more than say 2 depending on type of ship limit how many can be controlled. Place target chit on target, fire missile and forget. ( bit like missile rules in dark side game.

Flying Helmut
10-24-2019, 00:25
Oh that does sound interesting. I don't recall missiles ever being targeted at fighters in the show, but they are definitely needed for scenarios and capital ship engagements. Plus we've already seen prototypes of two capital ships. ;)

Pilot mini-series - just two Raiders destroyed 'Galactica's entire Viper Mk VII fighter wing with a salvo of missiles, forcing Boomer's Raptor to leg it! At least 6 missiles from each Raider.

Ken at Sunrise
10-24-2019, 04:45
Pilot mini-series - just two Raiders destroyed 'Galactica's entire Viper Mk VII fighter wing with a salvo of missiles, forcing Boomer's Raptor to leg it! At least 6 missiles from each Raider.

Great catch, I knew there was a reason to rewatch the show.

Naharaht
10-29-2019, 00:58
Amazon.co.uk now stock Litko accessories, including their missile tokens.

Sauerkraut
12-05-2019, 12:20
Do we have any more snippets of information about how missiles will work or even when we might see them yet?

OldGuy59
12-05-2019, 15:37
The missile rules might still be in play-test mode?

That is all I can say at the moment.