PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Night Mars mashup

Biggles downunder
03-26-2019, 21:55
We decided to make a start on getting our collective heads around the T&T rules and strategies and so we decided to try one martian war machine vs 3 Fokker Triplanes. I must confess that, when Baxter first suggested the lineup, I was sure that it would be a lop-sided and short evening. As it turned out, the triplanes took a beating from the lone martian - maybe our tactics need a bit more experimentation but, as usual for a Tuesday night we (Mark, Baxter, Windy Jack and I) had a blast. In fact my wife, who was watching TV in the next room commented on the regular hoots of laughter and howls of dismay emanating from the gaming room (AKA our dining room} next door.

We did all agree that, although my 3D printed martian looked imposing on the table, it didn't come close to the base that Baxter printed from the demo set of rules.

Here are some highlights from the game - taken by a martian battle-field drone and intercepted from a data stream being beamed back to mars :hmm:

Windy Jack
03-27-2019, 00:15
Thanks for the AAR pics, Wayne.

Baxter
03-27-2019, 02:11
Thanks Wayne it was a good and surprising night. The Tripod wreaked more havoc than we thought it would and downed all 3 triplanes. :eek:

Flying Officer Kyte
03-27-2019, 13:06
Certainly looks as if the Martian is lashing out the damage points liberally Gary.
I have kept myself aloof thus far as I did not wish to spoil Mrs Ks birthday present to me, but now said B day has gone I am sorely tempted to download those rules and have a sneak preview.
Great looking game and thanks for the pics Wayne.
Rob.

Stumptonian
03-27-2019, 15:43
Great shots there, Wayne. I like the look if your Martians much better than the ones I have coming from Ares.
:thumbsup:

Windy Jack
03-28-2019, 21:34
I like the look if your Martians much better than the ones I have coming from Ares.
:thumbsup:
So, Wayne, it looks like the revised version shouldn't be too much different from this one, just a little more compact to be nearer to the base size.

Naharaht
03-28-2019, 23:59
That is a good looking Martian, Wayne, and that heat ray is certainly deadly. Thank you for the pictures. :thumbsup: