PDA

View Full Version : Date Changes, Again . . .

clipper1801
02-21-2019, 12:02
Surprise earthlings, things did not happen before the Chinese Holiday as planned, but as expected we will be waiting a bit longer . . . surprise, surprise . . . back to the hibernation chambers.

rhodie80
02-21-2019, 12:17
There's been a delay??!!!

Flying Officer Kyte
02-21-2019, 12:51
Let's do the Time Warp again!
Rob.

clipper1801
02-21-2019, 14:39
Let's do the Time Warp again!
Rob.

That reminds me of an unexplored game twist. Pick any game scenario and use a sand timer to count down to a sudden end time jump like the Final Countdown movie. When the sand runs out your triplane turns into F-14 for 1 to six minutes (dice roll) or turns then switches back . . . Could be fun . . . Way more fun than waiting for Martians to arrive in the mail, or not.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-21-2019, 14:51
No worries Dave.
My time warped Vipers are ready for the Martians whenever they come!
Rob.

Nightbomber
02-21-2019, 15:48
Having so many unearthly beings to fend off over other boards I do not care...ARES provided me with Galaxy Defenders which is a superb sologaming experience.

clipper1801
02-21-2019, 15:56
That reminds me of an unexplored game twist. Pick any game scenario and use a sand timer to count down to a sudden end time jump like the Final Countdown movie. When the sand runs out your triplane turns into F-14 for 1 to six minutes (dice roll) or turns then switches back . . . Could be fun . . . Way more fun than waiting for Martians to arrive in the mail, or not.

Imagine the fun!

When suddenly the Thunder Child became . . .

matt56
02-21-2019, 16:00
Loving that Thunder Child picture, Dave!:sAprvd::sAprvd:

All the best,
Matt

Flying Helmut
02-21-2019, 16:02
Loving that Thunder Child picture, Dave!:sAprvd::sAprvd:

All the best,
Matt

Absolutely!
I won't get into the Tripe-pods game, but I would buy that picture!

Dawn Patrol
02-21-2019, 18:36
March 8th shipping - not really all that far off the last estimate (end of Feb., 1st week of March). Shrug. But hey, the all Red final Fokker goes green?!?

Presumably the wrong photo, but, hey, bonus points! ;-)

matt56
02-21-2019, 18:46
Von Richthofen's 'final' Triplane should be the all red one with Balkenkreuzen...at least that's the one they had 'previewed' in the Kickstarter...

All the best,
Matt

Dawn Patrol
02-21-2019, 19:37
I take it more as a good sign that they are reissuing the Duel Packs and just mixed up the photos rather than that’s what we are going to get.

Biggles downunder
02-21-2019, 22:55
What can I say...

Dawn Patrol
02-22-2019, 02:10

And...they corrected the photo.

matt56
02-22-2019, 02:47
Well played, Ares, well played!:sAprvd: I figured it must be a gaff on someone's part...I received the KS message updating the goof in my morning email feed. It won't be long now...:)

All the best,
Matt

BwanaJoe
02-22-2019, 06:08
Hey Clipper, what is that op picture from? Very cool.

Dawn Patrol
02-22-2019, 09:24

And...they corrected the photo.

You know...look carefully at their updated photo...”all” red?

flash
02-22-2019, 11:30
Yeah, that's been noted before, looks ghastly doesn't it. I'll be moving mine on as soon as it hits the mat.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-22-2019, 12:01
Speaking of Thunder Child, I guess the jig is up as Neil did not need it in the end for York.

Rob.

Just cruising looking for Tripods that failed to land.

Dawn Patrol
02-22-2019, 12:22
Yeah, that's been noted before, looks ghastly doesn't it. I'll be moving mine on as soon as it hits the mat.

I’ll just be getting out the red paint and touching it up if that’s the final.

clipper1801
02-22-2019, 12:49
Very nice Rob!

clipper1801
02-22-2019, 12:53
Hey Clipper, what is that op picture from? Very cool.

CVN 76 USS Ronald Reagan on a cruise. Thought it a nice pic as well . . .

clipper1801
02-22-2019, 13:13

Nothing new there, I have the elves go over every release, not fond of the decal/paint gaps around the wing struts, yes Clipper is getting picky in his old age, just don't mention the 109 k debacle . . .

Flying Officer Kyte
02-22-2019, 14:33
Very nice Rob!

Thanks Dave, and also many thanks for the Rep.

Rob.

flash
02-23-2019, 01:05
Great looking Model Rob, can see that featuring in a few AAR in the future. :thumbsup:
I see they are already flying the union jack upside down - that'll save some time when it comes to the crunch ;)

Nightbomber
02-23-2019, 01:39
What a great lookin' "mighty metal warlord" Rob!
Just ready to be melted away by the heat ray...

matt56
02-23-2019, 03:33
Gorgeous Thunder Child, Rob!:sAprvd: Details, please - commercially available? scratch-built? converted? scale? Inquiring minds need to know...;)

All the best,
Matt

Stumptonian
02-23-2019, 08:59
Gorgeous Thunder Child, Rob!:sAprvd: Details, please - commercially available? scratch-built? converted? scale? Inquiring minds need to know...;)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said.
:thumbsup:

Flying Officer Kyte
02-23-2019, 12:05
Off the top of my head I can't remember where it came from. The plastic bag had no manufacturers name nor plans for assembly. I know it was picked up at Partizan, and will look for similar at Hammerhead next weekend.
A lot of modifications were done to get the look and i will publish a How to here in a few days. Scale is also unknown but the model is about 20cm long.
My only excuse for being so unspecific and woolly is that since I started the build I have had a lot more going on in my life to concern me than the ship.
Rob.

RJG173
02-23-2019, 12:15
Scale is also unknown but the model is about 20mm long.

That's a very small ship. Sure you don't mean 20cm? That would be a more respectable size.

matt56
02-23-2019, 13:45
No worries, WingCo! All in good time, I'm sure - Lord knows I have felt the pinch of real life intruding on my favored activites this past twelvemonth...:p I look forward to whatever information you provide - it will help focus efforts to manufacture one myself:sAprvd:

All the best,
Matt

Flying Officer Kyte
02-23-2019, 14:46
That's a very small ship. Sure you don't mean 20cm? That would be a more respectable size.

Yes 20 Cm.
Rob.

Boney10
02-24-2019, 11:01
Really nice Thunderchild Rob, what a pity we still waiting for the tripods.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-24-2019, 12:50
Great looking Model Rob, can see that featuring in a few AAR in the future. :thumbsup:
I see they are already flying the union jack upside down - that'll save some time when it comes to the crunch ;)

Ah! only on one side Dave. That is the problem when you flip handed pictures in Photoshop. I must find a way to correct mirror images. Same happens with letters either side of a roundel, but at least it is handier to split them and flip single before doing the decal. With a flag on card there is no such chance unless someone can tell me different.
Rob.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-24-2019, 12:57
Thanks for the nice comment Chris and also for the Rep.
The Tripods will arrive this year I am sure. Just watch the Red Planet for the first dust eruption to warn us. Then get as far from the Home Counties as you can. As the Captain of the Thunder Child says " Forewarned is five armed.
Rob.

BwanaJoe
02-25-2019, 04:28

If you find matching paint Bruce I’d love to know what brand.

Dawn Patrol
02-25-2019, 10:45
If you find matching paint Bruce I’d love to know what brand.

Perhaps I should have said red paints. I’ll mix to match, let it dry to compensate for possible color shift, adjust, then paint. I very much doubt that any one red will precisely match. Hey, I went to college to learn color theory! ;-)

flash
02-26-2019, 08:49
This is more like what we were expecting.... from the KS blurb but probably a photoshop mock up of an original.
https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=238033&d=1513703048

Shadowcat
02-26-2019, 09:05
Gee....It seems not that long ago I was worried it would arrive while I was on vacation in August...7 months later I am still waiting. I did warn em about the year end thing with China though, not that they could do anything about it. It get here when it gets here, but KS is losing it's appeal due to delays in more then one game I have bought into. China has really been screwing up the last year or so.

BwanaJoe
02-26-2019, 13:54
Perhaps I should have said red paints. I’ll mix to match, let it dry to compensate for possible color shift, adjust, then paint. I very much doubt that any one red will precisely match. Hey, I went to college to learn color theory! ;-)

Well bummer. Kinda color blind so mixing up reds to match is a dangerous road for me!

Dawn Patrol
02-26-2019, 15:02
Well bummer. Kinda color blind so mixing up reds to match is a dangerous road for me!

My other option is get out the Grex airbrush, spray the whole dang thing, get new decals, and retouch all the non-red bits. That will achieve uniform color matching, but is more work than it is worth unless my intent is to paint the plane as some other pilot’s. Which is what I’m gonna do with one of what will be two all (cough) red Richtofen triplanes.

OldGuy59
02-28-2019, 13:37
Got an email today asking me to confirm my shipping address. Raised my hopes a bit, but I'm keeping my anticipation at moderate levels. More hope and anticipation might occur with a shipping notice.

Biggles downunder
02-28-2019, 13:41
Me too!

rhodie80
02-28-2019, 14:26
And I thought I was special getting an address request. ;)

matt56
02-28-2019, 14:28
As did I - like you, I am taking it as a good sign that things will soon(er rather than later) be happening...Invasion here we come!:sAprvd:

All the best,
Matt

Naharaht
03-01-2019, 08:48
I was asked to check my address was correct, also.

clipper1801
03-01-2019, 10:38
Ah, but did you give them your address in planetary orbital Coordinates? (its kinda like the metric system for Mars . . .)

Dawn Patrol
03-13-2019, 11:07
Original ship date? No?
How about Labor Day? No?
October? You wanna be on the shelves by October, right? No.
Halloween? Famous War of the Worlds radio broadcast...no?
Black Friday? You seriously, really want it by then! No?!?
Christmas. Really kind of late for the actual buying season, but salvage something! No.
Before flipping Chinese New Year! Geez, the whole country shuts down for a month. No!!!
Dang! Well, it least by my birthday. Beware the Ides of March! Advance samples only on the 15th?!?
March 25th is now the shipping date? Sigh. Wake me up when that date passes....

Shadowcat
03-13-2019, 12:03
Yep....this keeps up and China may find they have someone else making their stuff. Biggest question is......With the new years issues what will quality control look like? I hope we do not have all sorts of factory mistakes in our packages. Hate to be all doom and gloom here but so far I am batting 1000.

Still waiting....and not even hinting at blaming Ares as this is not their fault.

Dawn Patrol
03-13-2019, 12:43
One thing they did finally answer, if obliquely. They will be shipping to their distribution centers. So, not directly to us.

Flying Officer Kyte
03-13-2019, 13:09
Dog bites man!
Rob.

matt56
03-13-2019, 13:25
I like to think that finally now our tripods will be here sooner rather than later:sAprvd::) It's time to get crackin' with playin' this game!

All the best,
Matt

clipper1801
03-13-2019, 13:57
Amazing news! Who would belive it? Another delay . . . hmmm . . . HOT RATS! My Mars Bars will never be opened and the elves party has to be rescheduled, again!

Stumptonian
03-13-2019, 15:18
I noticed on Ares site that they will be the US distributor for U-BOOT, another Kickstarter I am in that is due any time now.
Sure hope that’s not the kiss of death ...
:surrender:

Naharaht
03-15-2019, 01:42
According to the Ares Upcoming page, the Tripods material will be released to shops in phases. Will all the Kickstarter supporters receive their material in one delivery or will it be split? Will we receive it before it reaches the shops?

Flying Officer Kyte
03-15-2019, 02:25
Good question Dave, and the answer to these will be instrumental in my decision on supporting any future Kickstarter.
Rob.

matt56
03-15-2019, 03:18
In keeping with the positive vibes, I am going to believe that we Kickstarter backers will receive all of our goodies in one go:). Don't let me down, Ares!;)

All the best,
Matt

BwanaJoe
03-15-2019, 04:17
Good question Dave, and the answer to these will be instrumental in my decision on supporting any future Kickstarter.
Rob.

Mine will hinge on them moving production out of China!

Biggles downunder
03-15-2019, 05:04
According to the Ares Upcoming page, the Tripods material will be re;eased to shops in phases. Will all the Kickstarter supporters receive their material in one delivery or will it be split? Will we receive it before it reaches the shops?

I thought that part of the ‘carrot’ for kickstarters was that we would receive the product ahead of retail release plus, of course, the extras included.

Ken at Sunrise
03-15-2019, 05:12
Do you think we'll ever get everything they promised? I'd be impressed if Ares can deliver most of what they promised.

RJG173
03-15-2019, 10:36
I thought that part of the ‘carrot’ for kickstarters was that we would receive the product ahead of retail release plus, of course, the extras included.

A while back one of the 'Girl Genius' Kickstarts shipped the new book to retail outlets before shipping to the Kickstarter supporters. I no longer support 'Girl Genius' Kickstarters.

BwanaJoe
03-15-2019, 11:12
A while back one of the 'Girl Genius' Kickstarts shipped the new book to retail outlets before shipping to the Kickstarter supporters. I no longer support 'Girl Genius' Kickstarters.

Great comic but yea, that would have annoyed me as well. For me it is that you can USUALLY get the initial batch cheaper than retail. (Overall with the extras that are normally included) But that can also be hit or miss.

It could be worse, it could be AvP!

Dawn Patrol
03-15-2019, 17:20

I am not entirely sure I remember precisely what they said. Either we (Kickstart backers) get the stuff a month ahead of general release, or we just get any “second invasion” stuff ahead of the general release, because that is being staged a month or two behind the initial release. Inasmuch as I don’t recall any initial promises from Ares on that front, it doesn’t matter all that much to me just so long as I get my copy promptly.

Ken at Sunrise
03-18-2019, 06:36
Actually I'm not too worried about delays. As above, I'm more concerned with getting everything promised. But I have plenty of games to play and I sort of expect manufacturing and/or Kickstarter delays. On a couple of other Kickstarter campaigns/projects they have multi-wave shipping. On two of them I opted for single shipment so it has been well over a year for both. I'm a little envious of those getting multi-shipments and seeing their posts of them playing the game. But, again it was my choice. So really I kind of expect the delays. Too bad we see them from an established company but I'm okay.

Besides, hehe, this give me more time to try and figure where everything is going to be stored.

clipper1801
03-20-2019, 10:18
Why do I feel like I'm in a hostage situation? "Here's a picture of your dear ones, don't go to the coppers!" . . .

rhodie80
03-20-2019, 10:26
The one difference is none of us will develop "Stockholm Syndrome" in this hostage situation.

Shadowcat
03-20-2019, 13:52
Here I was hoping we were ready to ship by month end and were are still in the final.....final.....final stage. Not sure how many more final stages there are to go but I have noticed all interest in the game at the local shop has flat lined while people are waiting for this to come out. Nothing has sold in months and no one is playing anything anymore. Interest has switched over to Cruel Seals and the like. Failure to deliver this and no new releases in around a year have killed all interest in Ares product. Not a good sign.

Biggles downunder
03-20-2019, 14:25
Why do I feel like I'm in a hostage situation? "Here's a picture of your dear ones, don't go to the coppers!" . . .

Yep and ‘a picture of your dear ones’ is referring to the images of the tripods miniatures posted that we have yet to see even though we have paid our money!!

matt56
03-20-2019, 16:50
Again, I prefer to remain optomistic - those beautiful alien machines (along with all the rest of my 'Total War' support package) will be in the mail shortly, winging their way to SW Ohio!:sAprvd: Stop with those negative vibes, Moriarity!

I know, there is plenty to be 'negative' about, but positivity will win the day!;)

All the best - and hang in there,
Matt

Flying Officer Kyte
03-21-2019, 01:15
To get the positive out of it Matt, I am starting to find some of the remarks quite amusing, and after all in the end we will be the winners not only financially but because without our backing it may not have happened. In the words of the fameous Football song:-

"We are the champignons".

Sorry "champions" Flipping predictive text! ;)

Rob

matt56
03-21-2019, 02:46
There was a picture on my Facebook feed from Ares this morning of the boxed set 'unboxed' for the first time - things continue to look promising:sAprvd: The box actually looks pretty packed with goodies - not 'mush room' in it for anything else...;)

All the best,
Matt

Ken at Sunrise
03-21-2019, 06:34
I wonder if the box for T&T is the same as the extra box that promised for storage. It looks pretty large.

Flying Helmut
03-21-2019, 06:54
Interest has switched over to Cruel Seals and the like.

Cruel Seals!

Now there's a game I'd buy!

3D underwater manoeuvring, chomping down on fish..............bring it on!

;)

Nightbomber
03-21-2019, 07:22
Cruel Seals!

Now there's a game I'd buy!

3D underwater manoeuvring, chomping down on fish..............bring it on!

;)
:thumbsup: :lol:

Nightbomber
03-21-2019, 07:30
Interest has switched over to Cruel Seas [corrected by Nightbomber;)] and the like. Failure to deliver this and no new releases in around a year have killed all interest in Ares product. Not a good sign.

That is true.
Must confess I have recently ordered and yesterday got Warlord's Blood Red Skies Bf 110 squadron pack for about 20 GBP (delivery included) from a local retailer and those 6 minis with stands look...terrific/wow!
They need to be pimped of course (it is a piece of cake for me), but came with a super fine squadron decals sheet...

Dawn Patrol
03-21-2019, 10:03
I wonder if the box for T&T is the same as the extra box that promised for storage. It looks pretty large.

Same. Edit in: whoops. That’s just the bottom of the box on the right, I think.

Nightbomber
03-21-2019, 10:08
Oh, those awful, useless plastic inserts again.
Game publishers should care more for the planet...

Naharaht
03-21-2019, 11:06
It is good to see what will be in a starter box.

Ken at Sunrise
03-21-2019, 11:26
Oh, those awful, useless plastic inserts again.
Game publishers should care more for the planet...

It would be nice if more publishers would make inserts designed for use and expansion. Some game companies have, but there are a lot that don't.

Shadowcat
03-21-2019, 11:57
I do not consider them Negative Vibes...just my Irish coming out with..... ummm....less then optimistic?

matt56
03-21-2019, 13:19
Well, it is March, and I guess your 'Irish' is allowed extra reign in March...;)

All the best,
Matt

greenalfonzo
03-27-2019, 00:09
It is good to see what will be in a starter box.

I'm just glad to see that the included Navarre's plane is indeed the red one. Over on the KS images they show a brown Nieuport included as his. Maybe switched up the model with Ball's.

I'm just in it for the planes! :)

matt56
03-27-2019, 06:16
Just received an email from Ares on the 'final package' - it shows the big yellow box being loaded with all the goodies for the Second Invasion and Total War level of pledges. The only thing holding things up is the WW2 damage chit bags (which are evidently being loaded into the boxes on the 29th - 2 days from now...:eek:)

I think I see explosions on Mars through my telescope...what can they be?!?!

All the best,
Matt

Dawn Patrol
03-27-2019, 11:59
Just received an email from Ares on the 'final package' - it shows the big yellow box being loaded with all the goodies for the Second Invasion and Total War level of pledges. The only thing holding things up is the WW2 damage chit bags (which are evidently being loaded into the boxes on the 29th - 2 days from now...:eek:)

I think I see explosions on Mars through my telescope...what can they be?!?!

All the best,
Matt

And yeah, I questioned them on that: Second Invasion and Total War? They should also be saying Invasion - because if you got Invasion level, you are supposed to get the box, too. In the update where they say Invasion level and up, they also announced the size of the box - same size square footprint as the game itself, six inches deep.

clipper1801
03-27-2019, 12:22
I have purposely purged what I ordered so I will be somewhat surprised over what may show up. I also went in halvsies with someone else who just wanted the planes, but I have forgotten who that might be as well. Seems I purged way more than I thought . . . oh well. So, what are we thinking end of April then? . . . this year? Don't say, I will only begin to get downer . . .

Flying Officer Kyte
03-27-2019, 12:41
The only thing holding things up is the WW2 damage chit bags.

All the best,
Matt

They must be very strong bags Matt, if they can hold all that lot up!:takecover:
Rob.;)

Dawn Patrol
03-27-2019, 12:59
Lost in all this is that the date changed...again. Okay, the 29th. Friday. As in probably even if it does ship, nobody at Ares is going to announce it until, Monday.

Which, appropriately enough...is...

...collective sigh...

...April Fool’s Day.

I think I will go on to the Kickstarter and taunt them with this. ;-)

Nightbomber
03-27-2019, 13:42
Lost in all this is that the date changed...again. Okay, the 29th. Friday. As in probably even if it does ship, nobody at Ares is going to announce it until, Monday.

Which, appropriately enough...is...

...collective sigh...

...April Fool’s Day.

I think I will go on to the Kickstarter and taunt them with this. ;-)

There is a rumour the Martians will land in Britain somewhere near Doncaster this year in the fall. Will "Those fallen leaves lie undisturbed now" then...?

https://youtu.be/gHsPa_rEnOU

Dawn Patrol
03-27-2019, 14:49
There is a rumour the Martians will land in Britain somewhere near Doncaster this year in the fall. Will "Those fallen leaves lie undisturbed now" then...?

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth
With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes
Mars, with its flaming tripods
Has conquered the wayward breezes
Climbing to tranquility
Far above the misty shrouds
Conceiving the heavens
Florishing on Earth!

Damn! The Martians listened to the wrong Moody Blues song!

matt56
03-27-2019, 15:05
I guess when it comes to damage chit bags, Rob, 'Made in China' is not a derogatory description, eh?!;)

Still looking forward to getting these little blighters sooner rather than later - looks like I will have time to do a couple of repaints for captured tripods to use at Origins...:)

All the best,
Matt

Jager
03-27-2019, 15:44

A wonderful song, that made me sad.
Karl

Nightbomber
03-27-2019, 15:53
A wonderful song, that made me sad.
Karl

I can imagine. I am very sorry, Karl.
Hold on, Old Friend.

Flying Officer Kyte
03-28-2019, 07:54
My question Andy is this.
Are we destined to have a bleak and unhappy Autumn or is there going to be a rumour the Polish will land in Britain somewhere near Doncaster this year in the fall?

Rob.

Nightbomber
03-28-2019, 09:47
My question Andy is this.
Are we destined to have a bleak and unhappy Autumn or is there going to be a rumour the Polish will land in Britain somewhere near Doncaster this year in the fall?

Rob.

:) Rob, there is a strong hope for a very happy autumn. My concern is the fate of Br... and travelling after br...:erk:

Flying Officer Kyte
03-28-2019, 12:33
I know the feeling Andy.
There is a strong chance that we will meet you in Prague as European citizens, and travel home as British! :eek: Knowing my luck they may not even let me back in, having fought sea battles in Europe over the weekend.;)
Rob.

Jager
03-28-2019, 12:34
Lot's of changes from the States too. I'll need a visa for my next visit, it seems. And I lost a cheaper travel option, now that Icelandic Air folded :hmm:
Karl

Flying Officer Kyte
03-28-2019, 14:06
That is a real bummer Karl.
We want you back my dear chap.
Kyte.

clipper1801
03-28-2019, 14:16
We should make you a colony . . . : )

Flying Officer Kyte
03-28-2019, 15:32
What and then our Boston could have a Coffee Party Dave! ;)

Rob.

clipper1801
03-28-2019, 17:55
Coffee is ok, but I prefer G & T

Flying Officer Kyte
03-29-2019, 02:58
Now we are talking Dave, the G&t State. :FOK: Can we have a little star on your flag too .;)
Rob.

Jager
03-29-2019, 14:36
Now we are talking Dave, the G&t State. :FOK: Can we have a little star on your flag too .;)
Rob.

Sure; there's always room for more ;)
Karl

BwanaJoe
03-29-2019, 18:34
Lot's of changes from the States too. I'll need a visa for my next visit, it seems. And I lost a cheaper travel option, now that Icelandic Air folded :hmm:
Karl

Icelandair’s website is still up and talking about cheap fares for stranded WOW passengers.

Jager
03-30-2019, 16:37
Icelandair’s website is still up and talking about cheap fares for stranded WOW passengers.

I must have misread the article. I still think they left Cleveland, which was a big attraction.
Karl

Zoe Brain
03-30-2019, 17:45

It's Autumn in Tasmania.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-29/tasmanian-stargazers-look-for-aurora-australis-get-mystery-flash/10954110?pfmredir=sm&fbclid=IwAR39NIxurWU_jrBq6qUoogZqs_UK_VhQjZ3_bcJweFXHgefA9OCl46HHhsg

clipper1801
03-30-2019, 19:29
. . . something wicked this way comes . . . ?

Flying Officer Kyte
03-31-2019, 12:35
Very worrying indeed Zoe.;)You may have to deploy the Devils.
Rob.

Naharaht
03-31-2019, 18:04
It looks like someone has invented a super-powerful laser pointer. :)

Boney10
04-01-2019, 02:47
Yup looks like someone checking the LOS

Dawn Patrol
04-02-2019, 05:08
Yup. April Fool’s day on shipping.. Still not shipped. Real Soon Now. Sigh.

Flying Officer Kyte
04-02-2019, 05:55
Looks like that Laser hit the bag factory judging from today's release from Ares.
Rob.

clipper1801
04-02-2019, 07:02
Good grief!

matt56
04-02-2019, 14:58
I know, right!?!? A minor dent in my Armour of Hope....still thinking positive thoughts and looking forward to SWTW Coming sooner rather than later in the post...:p;):)

All the best,
Matt

flash
04-03-2019, 04:40

That's not a light sabre mate... THIS is a light sabre .... ;)

Dawn Patrol
04-12-2019, 13:01
Official Ares Update for Immediate Release - via the BBBoSQ News Agency*

Due to the delays in the release of Tripods & Triplanes, a new project manager has been hired to expedite production. Experienced with the high pressure Hollywood world, he will bring a no-nonsense sense of urgency to the project.

“Just as soon as I finish book six - now books six and seven,” said new Ares special projects manager, George R.R. Martin, “and book seven - now books eight, nine and ten - of the Song of Fire and Ice series, I’ll get cracking on the production delays so we will have Martians in our lifetime. Assuming I live that long.”

*Bruce’s Big Book of Spurious Quotations

(Yes, further proof that idle hands are the devil’s playthings...)

clipper1801
04-12-2019, 13:56
Ha! Would be funny if the situation were not so far from funny . . .

Baxter
04-12-2019, 14:48
Well I got an email saying my Scar pre order should be shipped to me by the end of April so at least BSG is on track. I am off cruising next week and will see what they have at the Armchair Adventurer store in Honolulu when I get there in a couple of weeks.

clipper1801
04-15-2019, 07:22
A drop roll? I'd rather a drum roll. . . . looks like we might be on the beach when they wash ashore . . .

Dawn Patrol
04-15-2019, 10:00
Rumble rumble rumbleCRASH!

Chief Inquisitor: There is only one thing in life that is certain...and that’s the Spanish Inquisition...and Death. Two! Two things in life that are certain, the Spanish I quisition and Death!
Cardinal Biggles: It’s April 15th, Lord.
Chief Inquisitor: Right. There are three things in life that are certain, the Spanish Inquisition, Death, and taxes!
Cardinal Fang: ...and Ares, Lord.
Chief Inquisitor: The Spanish Inquisition, Death, Taxes, and Tripods & Triplanes still hasn’t shipped!
Cardinals in Unison: But Real Soon Now!
Kickstarter Backer: Oh...next update will be “shipping now”? I wasn’t expecting that!

Update 29 is that it passed the drop test, will have the bags in hand today, and next message should be, “Shipping now”. Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? Have we made it out of the dungeon? Is the check in the mail?!?

...not holding my breath, though. I don’t wanna die this close!

Zoe Brain
04-15-2019, 22:52
Due to the delays in the release of Tripods & Triplanes, a new project manager has been hired to expedite production. Experienced with the high pressure Hollywood world, he will bring a no-nonsense sense of urgency to the project.

“Just as soon as I finish book six - now books six and seven,” said new Ares special projects manager, George R.R. Martin, “and book seven - now books eight, nine and ten - of the Song of Fire and Ice series, I’ll get cracking on the production delays so we will have Martians in our lifetime. Assuming I live that long.”

I believe it will be after David Gerrold finishes books 5 and 6 of his War Against the Chtorr series.

Jager
04-16-2019, 11:47
I believe it will be after David Gerrold finishes books 5 and 6 of his War Against the Chtorr series.

I hope not, as I'm hoping these never kill trees to print them. I couldn't get through #3.
Karl

Naharaht
04-16-2019, 14:20
Are we sure that Ares are not waiting for the t.v. series to end before releasing the models? :)

BwanaJoe
04-16-2019, 17:55
I hope not, as I'm hoping these never kill trees to print them. I couldn't get through #3.
Karl

Bummer. I really liked those books. But I can understand it. I couldn’t take reading Game of Thrones. Now there was a waste of trees.

Flying Helmut
04-17-2019, 05:28
I couldn’t take reading Game of Thrones. Now there was a waste of trees.

That's why I read 'em on my Kindle! ;)

Still haven't broken open my BluRay GoT Series 1-7 box set yet...............

Ken at Sunrise
04-17-2019, 06:14
That's why I read 'em on my Kindle! ;)

Still haven't broken open my BluRay GoT Series 1-7 box set yet...............

We are going to finish this season and then start from the beginning to watch it all again. Haven't read the book, in this case we may not since HBO and the original author will/may have very different endings, starting with the last season or two.

Flying Helmut
04-17-2019, 06:18
We are going to finish this season and then start from the beginning to watch it all again. Haven't read the book, in this case we may not since HBO and the original author will/may have very different endings, starting with the last season or two.

The stories seem to diverge @ book 3 / TV season 4, if my "spoilers" are correct - VERY different by end of book 5 / TV season 6 :(

Shadowcat
04-18-2019, 00:45
Wife and I have read all the GoT books and catch the series on DVD when it comes out (about a year behind TV viewers). Too many changes between books and the movies including some characters who died in the TV show but survived in the books. Major one being the King of the Norths wife WAS NOT at the red feast so was not killed. That makes for a line of Starks in the books that were ended in the movies making a big difference and possable issues down the road.

clipper1801
04-20-2019, 14:52
So anyone want to do an invaision date raffle for a Mars bar? I have a bag of frozen ones dated 2+ years ago . . .

Flying Officer Kyte
04-21-2019, 08:01
Been in the depths of space between the two planets for that long then Dave?:D
Anything wrong with the bags?
Rob.

Flying Helmut
04-21-2019, 08:19
Two years from Mars to Earth - sounds about right @ closest orbital approach.

Flying Officer Kyte
04-21-2019, 08:33
That's what I thought Tim, so any day now!
Rob.

Boney10
04-21-2019, 09:44
Oh :confused:is this kickstarter still happening :dazed: its been so long and so well handled, I almost forgot about it.
All I wanted was Balls N17
Oh well back to my cubbyhole I suppose and continue to wait, Ill clear the postbox cobwebs first mind

Nightbomber
04-21-2019, 10:14
I am sure they must have made some corrections to the cylinders' paths, but be on alert to green flashes in the sky. They ARE coming.

Nightbomber
04-21-2019, 10:24
Preparing for tbe 2nd invasion in 1920...

Guntruck
04-21-2019, 10:56
They ARE coming.

So’s Christmas, be interesting to see which arrives first :lol:

Jager
04-21-2019, 14:18
Preparing for tbe 2nd invasion in 1920...

And here I thought a good red wine would have been in order, Andrzej ;)
Karl

Biggles downunder
04-21-2019, 14:43
So’s Christmas, be interesting to see which arrives first :lol:

Hm, but Christmas of which year :confused:

Nightbomber
04-21-2019, 23:48
Karl

:thumbsup: Today I shall follow your hint!

Shadowcat
04-22-2019, 01:15
You guys still have HOPE??...Sigh...Someone is not doing their job right. It will get here when it gets here....just need to make sure it is in my will so someone gets it.

clipper1801
04-26-2019, 08:50
Oh dear! I wonder if Hunter had ordered it, if he did . . . I may need that garage extension after all . . .

Dawn Patrol
04-26-2019, 13:52
Karl

My thought exactly. Searching the wine cellar for a Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon.

Not that anyone has a cellar in California...

Nightbomber
04-26-2019, 14:10
My thought exactly. Searching the wine cellar for a Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon.

Good Port will do, Sir!

Nightbomber
04-26-2019, 14:13
My lovely wife has just brought this bottle from Porto, Portugal, where she spent last weekend with her friends:).

Nightbomber
04-26-2019, 14:23
Frankly I do believe we will get the toys in summer and this is just ok...for me at least.

Stumptonian
04-26-2019, 15:55

Maybe not, but they do in Oregon
:D

OldGuy59
04-26-2019, 16:05
Hmmm... These may not make it to me in time for next week's Curious ComiCon 2019. I was hoping to put the production game on the table for that show. Oh, well...

The Demo Set will be there, and so will another space game that belongs in another part of the Forum.

Nightbomber
04-26-2019, 16:13
Take it easy my friend, we stil have the music thar could comfort us! Check the link!

Nightbomber
04-26-2019, 16:17
https://youtu.be/iyRu1lzRg3k

We love that singer!

Jager
04-27-2019, 10:58
Good Port will do, Sir!

Absolutely! :FOK:

Biggles downunder
04-28-2019, 00:23
Maybe not, but they do in Oregon
:D

Hey Pete do you think you have enough to last until T & T is released? ;)

Stumptonian
04-28-2019, 09:28
Hey Pete do you think you have enough to last until T & T is released?

:clap:
Well I do get another shipment in October ...
:drinks:

Dawn Patrol
04-29-2019, 11:38
Latest Taunt to Ares (because humor is less self-destructive than what I really feel):

“Pizza Delivery...wait, nobody here?” Looks at name on delivery: IC Wiener. “Oh, great. At least I have my Kickstarter to look forward to...oops!”

Trip. Flash Frozen. Flash Foward 1000 years.

“Wait, what? They still haven’t delivered Tripods & Triplanes?!?”

We are all Deep-Fryed.

(With apologies to Futurama)

flash
04-30-2019, 00:36
Latest Taunt to Ares... Trip. Flash Frozen. Flash Forward 1000 years....

Hey ! Leave me out of it... ;)

Dawn Patrol
04-30-2019, 01:13
Hey ! Leave me out of it... ;)

Thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump...

Flash! Aaaaaahhhhh-aaaaaa
Frozen in the Universe!

Flash! Aaaaaahhhhh-aaaaaa
He’ll get tripods for all of us!

Thump, thump, thump....

Ken at Sunrise
04-30-2019, 04:28
Just so I'm clear on this... You're saying we have to go over 1000 years in the future to find the Tripods that attack us in the early years of the 20th century and even then we're not sure of success.

P.S. I love the Flash reference. Do you think the Martians and Ming are fighting and that's the delay?

Dawn Patrol
04-30-2019, 11:44
Just so I'm clear on this... You're saying we have to go over 1000 years in the future to find the Tripods that attack us in the early years of the 20th century and even then we're not sure of success.

Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no....

Yes.

Biggles downunder
05-01-2019, 16:56
It seems to me that no matter how long this thread gets and no matter what we say, nothing appears to be happening (that we are aware of) and, apart from a few responses, little hard information is available.

I recall getting an email on February 28 asking for confirmation of my details and taking my money and that has been all. So Ares has my address, they have my money and in return I have...?

As an aside, I wonder what the record is for the longest thread?

I also have joined a kickstarter for the Turmoil expansion to my favourite board game ‘Terraforming Mars’ - slated for delivery in November of this year so it will be interesting to compare.

clipper1801
05-01-2019, 17:02
I think it may have been the round the world flight, now those were the dayz! . . . The Martians strategy is to out wait us, there will be few left who remember even ordering them, not sure myself. I did go in with someone else too, but haven't seen him on the site now for a few years, even forgot his name now . . . MARTIAN MEMORY MALAISE, I think . . .

Naharaht
05-01-2019, 22:17
Perhaps the Martians have done a deal with the Cylons. Whilst we are busy coping with the Cylons the Martians will sneak their Tripods in uinexpected. :)

Shadowcat
05-01-2019, 23:16
Sad thing was I was real concerned about the project getting delivered while I was on my yearly 2 week camping trip LAST AUGUST. Should I be concerned it will arrive while I am gone this year? (warned em about he China New Year thing, really I did. Hope we do not have a repeat this year)

matt56
05-02-2019, 02:50
My Armour of Hope is growing a little tarnished...:p With the original proposed release date last year coming about a month before Origins, I was hoping we'd have the game to make a splash at Origins, but I had to make do with using the demo models for the scenario I ran. This year's Origins is a little over a month away, and we have several T&T games on the schedule to run, but it would seem we are creeping up on the same conundrum...time to put the best foot forward and hope the game makes it here in time but make sure to have a backup of demo models available to put on the games...:)

C'mon, Red Planet - fire up those cannons and send those Martians my way! (I guess there's no coincidence that Mars is the Roman name for the god of war while his Greek eqivalent is Ares...;))

All the best.
Matt

BwanaJoe
05-02-2019, 03:53
Ares produced a War of the Worlds game?!

:confused: ;)

flash
05-02-2019, 06:47
Not yet Joe, not yet..... :lol:

flash
05-02-2019, 07:16
My Armour of Hope is growing a little tarnished...:p With the original proposed release date last year coming about a month before Origins, I was hoping we'd have the game to make a splash at Origins, but I had to make do with using the demo models for the scenario I ran. This year's Origins is a little over a month away, and we have several T&T games on the schedule to run, but it would seem we are creeping up on the same conundrum...time to put the best foot forward and hope the game makes it here in time but make sure to have a backup of demo models available to put on the games...:)

C'mon, Red Planet - fire up those cannons and send those Martians my way! (I guess there's no coincidence that Mars is the Roman name for the god of war while his Greek eqivalent is Ares...;))

All the best.
Matt

Has it been nearly a year already ?! :eek:
You'd have thought that if Ares can supply a non-forum group with the game to demo for Salute in London that they could offer it to a forum team for Origins - might be worth asking Jim Long if he can get it shipped to the US for the event Matt.

clipper1801
05-02-2019, 09:38
My Martian Peeps have never been to Origins . . .

Teaticket
05-02-2019, 10:01
Has it been nearly a year already ?! :eek:
You'd have thought that if Ares can supply a non-forum group with the game to demo for Salute in London that they could offer it to a forum team for Origins - might be worth asking Jim Long if he can get it shipped to the US for the event Matt.

I'll be assembling my All Quite on the Martian Front models this month as a back up for the game I'll be running and if anyone else needs them. Last year Matt ran a game with prototypes, or so I thought. Hopefully Jim Long/Ares can supply what is needed, especially if they want us to run their games for them!

I'd love to see Dave's Martian Peeps show up!

clipper1801
05-02-2019, 10:12
So sorry to have missed out on the AQMF I hate coming into the last days of a game. The cold wind off the northern lakes could harbor Something Wicked . . .

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?29351-S-W-T-W-C&highlight=wicked

Dawn Patrol
05-03-2019, 10:34
John Carter and Deja’s Thoris let out a ragged yell of victory! Matt Damon and Paul Mantee are coming home at last. Marvin found his Pu-38 Explosive space modulator. The Martians are getting their measles inoculation in preparation. Explosions have been seen on Mars. Wally Wood’s prophetic visions are to come to pass at last (raise your hand if you actually understood that reference). Hell froze over! George R.R. Martin finished book six and seven! Tripods & Triplanes is shipping!

Well, next week, but still...

Flying Officer Kyte
05-03-2019, 11:05
Yes indeed.

People of the Earth,
our production ordeal is over.
After two failed attempts from two different suppliers to get that last component of TRIPODS & TRIPLANES finished, we finally got, yesterday afternoon, production samples of the cloth bags we could approve.
As we told you in the previous updates, this minor component blocked our assembly line. It is included in the most significant of your rewards - the INVASION box, the box uncluding the combination of unique Kickstarter rewards and add-ons. While the component was not probably too important in the eyes of some backers, the fact it is included in essentially ALL the reward bundles prevented us to move forward to the shipping phase, until it was finished and quality checked.
We immediately confirmed the approval to the factory. Today, they started the final phase of the assembly process, and they confirmed they will ship out of factory next week.
All the other components were cleared soon before Easter. Drop test was done and passed succesfully (https://emails.kickstarter.com/mpss/c/BAE/6TYCAA/t.2ra/164IcdQBS8mU61Vv7S4nYg/h4/Kvh8eyEDYxccobuZZtapCUX-2Buyj4rUau9-2F7EUH2fWjEgIzIn-2BMB5F4DRTGjpx9hkxTxlzKLCrYVBS11nUWxjY-2FOFFe9Aji5yTOY420UwZzORvEaag7LSskztdaBPmOpb4yeTsjhEUaue-2BVMkCJQTyg-3D-3D), so we do not foresee any further production delay.

A reminder We are confident that the quality of the product, both in terms of component and gameplay, will make up, in the end, for the delay of the project.
However, we understand that some of you are very disappointed because of the length of the delay. While this is a risk we always make clear upfront, we are absolutely willing to refund backers who are just not interested anymore in the project, no questions asked.
Just send us a message to request your refund. To avoid excessive interference to the distribution of product to the various shipping hubs, if you want to request a refund, please do so before May, 10th.
Thanks for your continuing support and patience,
Roberto/Ares

flash
05-03-2019, 11:43
Great news !
Just like the end of the first war - the absence of moaning minnies in the background will be quite noticeable... and just as welcome ;)

Nightbomber
05-03-2019, 11:51
Great news indeed! So Doncaster will be definitely invaded!

matt56
05-03-2019, 12:35
Bodes well for some invasion action at Origins, too...;):sAprvd:

All the best,
Matt

Naharaht
05-03-2019, 19:03
Good news at last!

Shadowcat
05-03-2019, 19:56
I'll stop worrying when it hits my front step. Till then just try to carry on with other things.

Baxter
05-03-2019, 21:11
What tragedy ........ nothing left to moan about!

Biggles downunder
05-03-2019, 21:54
What tragedy ........ nothing left to moan about!

But plenty to cheer about - when it actually happens! :clap::clap:

flash
05-04-2019, 01:16
Bodes well for some invasion action at Origins, too...;):sAprvd:

All the best,
Matt

Here we go again boys !
https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=249959&d=1529759064

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=249955&d=1529759064

Look forward to seeing that Matt.

matt56
05-04-2019, 12:32
It did draw a crowd last year, Dave, as did a certain Central Powers Nieuport...;) Here's hoping that I receive things in time to do a little repainting for a tripods on tripods game I have planned...:sAprvd:

All the best,
Matt

clipper1801
05-04-2019, 16:23
. . . there will always be things to moan about, that's part of the fun! But really now the waiting begins . . . I hope the shops will be stocking them so we can resupply our ranks, its been thin even with the BSG boost. T & T has the benefit of snagging post Wings players and dragging them back into the fun of it all!

Naharaht
05-04-2019, 19:03
Thank you for the photographs of the Tripods in action, Dave.

Baxter
05-04-2019, 19:19
On vacation in Hawaii and full of false optimism I headed out to the Armchair Adventurer store in Honolulu to get me some T&T gear. I was told that due to a complete lack of interest they no longer stock any WoG products. I did see one BSG set in the store for $59 though. There .... that is my moan out of the way ;)

flash
05-05-2019, 01:18
Thank you for the photographs of the Tripods in action, Dave.

A few more here in this thread (https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?29592-Flash-Origins-!/page3&highlight=flash+origins) at post #126 David.

Nightbomber
05-05-2019, 03:19
Looking at he fighting machines in action makes me think of the two original Nexus mats for T&T games. They will fit the bill better than the new ones, IMHO.

clipper1801
05-06-2019, 12:23
So any clue when they will arrive to our doors? June? July? The Martians will melt or bake in their ships in an AZ summer . . .

flash
05-06-2019, 22:55
So any clue when they will arrive to our doors? June? July? The Martians will melt or bake in their ships in an AZ summer . . .
....But still they come... ! :singin:

Biggles downunder
05-07-2019, 18:03
I just received this email from Ares:

People of the Earth,

our production ordeal is over.

After two failed attempts from two different suppliers to get that last component of TRIPODS & TRIPLANES finished, we finally got, yesterday afternoon, production samples of the cloth bags we could approve.

As we told you in the previous updates, this minor component blocked our assembly line. It is included in the most significant of your rewards - the INVASION box, the box uncluding the combination of unique Kickstarter rewards and add-ons. While the component was not probably too important in the eyes of some backers, the fact it is included in essentially ALL the reward bundles prevented us to move forward to the shipping phase, until it was finished and quality checked.

We immediately confirmed the approval to the factory. Today, they started the final phase of the assembly process, and they confirmed they will ship out of factory next week.

All the other components were cleared soon before Easter. Drop test was done and passed succesfully, so we do not foresee any further production delay.

A reminder

We are confident that the quality of the product, both in terms of component and gameplay, will make up, in the end, for the delay of the project.

However, we understand that some of you are very disappointed because of the length of the delay. While this is a risk we always make clear upfront, we are absolutely willing to refund backers who are just not interested anymore in the project, no questions asked.

Just send us a message to request your refund. To avoid excessive interference to the distribution of product to the various shipping hubs, if you want to request a refund, please do so before May, 10th.

Roberto/Ares'

Dare I hope??? Dare we hope??? :pray::pray:

flash
05-08-2019, 01:18
...Dare I hope??? Dare we hope??? :pray::pray:
You only just got the email Wayne ?! We've been posting comments since the news in post #169 a couple of days ago.
I wonder how many people have decided to take the refund ?

Biggles downunder
05-08-2019, 01:48
You only just got the email Wayne ?! We've been posting comments since the news in post #169 a couple of days ago.
I wonder how many people have decided to take the refund ?

Well that is truly bizarre! I double checked and, yes, I got the email yesterday. After reading your post I don’t know whether to be disappointed or just totally p***ed off!

Pointed email now sent to Ares - probably a waste of time though.

flash
05-08-2019, 01:55
Yeah, that's odd isn't it... Funny thing is you even commented in that time at post #176 ! ;)

Biggles downunder
05-08-2019, 02:19
Yeah, that's odd isn't it... Funny thing is you even commented in that time at post #176 ! ;)

Yes, I am ashamed to own up to that! Maybe I can claim fading memory, length of thread or phases of the moon or... colour me embarrassed.

Biggles downunder
05-08-2019, 23:13
Well, I’ve got to give it to Ares - I did get an answer to my email:

Dear Wayne
cause other received before the message by KS ...they pledged project there

we haven't a certain delivery date cause we ship now from Factory, as soon we'll have we'll post an update and we'll send a mail

All the best

Leo

Wayne Starick ha scritto:

I think I can decipher what it means ;)

clipper1801
05-16-2019, 11:26
All telescopes, satellite sensors and even Hubble and elven antenna are focused on ChinaMars for the slightest of signals . . .

Dawn Patrol
05-17-2019, 00:16
All telescopes, satellite sensors and even Hubble and elven antenna are focused on ChinaMars for the slightest of signals . . .

Only one place counts. Only one location matters. Pasadena, but not the Rose Parade. Not the Rose Bowl, but up the arroyo from the Bowl, through the golf course, under the 210 Freeway, past the Devil’s Gate Damn (no, don’t correct my spelling of dam), next to the Hahamonga Watershed Park, the hallowed, the holy, the one and only, Jet Propulsion Laboratory! Tucked away in the foothills, with mountain lions for company, over the Vehicle Assembly Building, around Mission Control, beyond the 25 Foot Space Simulator, mounting into the hills stand the arrays that penetrate beyond the confines of our world, reaching out to Mars, vast computers searching the heavens, and finding....

Static. Sky the color of television tuned to a dead channel. White noise.

Ares wouldn’t voom if you put four million volts through him.

clipper1801
05-17-2019, 07:21

A ha! Msg#31 activity! Possible launch! Could it be? Alert the troops!

Flying Officer Kyte
05-17-2019, 07:23
White smoke over the Vatican!
Rob.

People of the Earth!
Here we are with a recap of the week.

Wednesday - ASSEMBLY of Kickstarter rewards is finally reported by the factory as 100% completed.
Thursday - Factory send us the full PACKING LIST of the entire production
Today - Instructions provided to the factory to ship, and freight forwarders alerted to collect.

Today, we also sent the refunds to the backers who requested them before the deadline of May, 10th. From now on, with shipments in transit, refunds will be issued with the customary deduction of KS fees and credit card fees.
I also want to remind you that we will be at UK GAMES EXPO in Birmingham, starting May 30th. We will not sell Tripods & Triplanes there, keeping our commitment to deliver to our backers first. However, we will have demo tables and final product samples at our booth 1-302, so all our UK fans are welcome to stop by and say hello, see and touch the quality of the final product, and of course, play with us!
Thanks for your support,
Roberto/Ares

flash
05-17-2019, 08:44
TFFT - I will put Entoyment on standby as they are receiving it for me.

Dawn Patrol
05-17-2019, 09:03
White smoke over the Vatican!
Rob.

People of the Earth!
Here we are with a recap of the week

We didn’t actually ship anything

Black smoke over the Vatican.

But at least it wasn’t the usual static and white noise from Ares! ;-)

Shadowcat
05-17-2019, 10:01
The check is still almost in the mail???

matt56
05-17-2019, 15:09
This is indeed promising news!:sAprvd: I may actually be able to paint up some captured Tripods for use at Origins:) Basically two weeks to the end of the month, so it's not unreasonable to hope that my 'Total War' package might be here by month's end...:minis::minis::minis:

As the Monty Python crew sing, "Always look on the bright side of life...":pint::pint::pint:

All the best,
Matt

Nightbomber
05-17-2019, 15:57
All right, special promo action commenced...Stay tuned;)

Dawn Patrol
05-17-2019, 17:06
This is indeed promising news!:sAprvd: I may actually be able to paint up some captured Tripods for use at Origins:) Basically two weeks to the end of the month, so it's not unreasonable to hope that my 'Total War' package might be here by month's end...:minis::minis::minis:

As the Monty Python crew sing, "Always look on the bright side of life...":pint::pint::pint:

All the best,
Matt

The news was good inasmuch as it was at least news of some kind, and they laid out precisely what happened.

The bad news is, it didn’t actually ship, it just got closer to shipping. Now, if they actually do stick it on a boat Monday, and the boat sails that very day, that leaves 11 days to cross the entirety of the Pacific, unload, pass customs, loaded then shipped either to a distributor or Ares warehouse (I’m just talking about the US, since you are in Ohio), unloaded, sorting, final boxing, labeling, pick-up and delivery...you start to get the idea. Now, if they are mailing direct from China, no intermediaries, on the west coast, I have a chance at getting it before the end of the month, which will undoubtedly still be too late for Strategicon here in Los Angeles, which is on the Memorial Day weekend (seven days from right now).

My Google-Fu reveals: two weeks to a month for a container ship to make the voyage from China to the US. So, unless it is going by air, ain’t gonna happen in May. Having been asked numerous times, Ares has not been forthcoming at all, in the slightest, regarding the time frame or methods of shipping or delivery.

flash
05-17-2019, 23:26
...we will be at UK GAMES EXPO in Birmingham, starting May 30th. We will not sell Tripods & Triplanes there, keeping our commitment to deliver to our backers first...
Well their latest message should give you a clue it won't be this month.

matt56
05-18-2019, 02:35
Well, thanks, guys, for nipping my re-budding optimism in the...bud!:p I had hope, Dave, that the reference to the UK Games Expo dealt with the fact that games would still be arriving at their final destinations during that time period... I shall have to get on to Olivia at Ares NA and see what 'demo resources' they will have for Origins. Ah, well...:thumbsup:

All the best,
Matt

David Manley
05-18-2019, 06:17
Look on th bright side (if here is one), with the incoming tariffs on goods from China Areas might decide to move production somewhere else which might be a bit more reliable and timely :)

Naharaht
05-18-2019, 10:56
Well, we might have them in time for Doncaster. :)

Zoe Brain
05-21-2019, 04:23
From the FB page:

Finally, the mass production of Tripods & Triplanes is completed and in transit from the factory to the four distribution hubs in Australia, China, Europe and United States.

https://scontent.fcbr2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/60808006_657107568048414_4005339346080104448_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fcbr2-1.fna&oh=a80ac57ed5761ad93b34b981b9b71296&oe=5D51598A

Boney10
05-21-2019, 05:22
I received a mail from KS saying that the packages are on the move to the distribution points.
Apparently it took 10 for Roberto, I think, to receive his test package in Italy, but no idea when we punters will get.
But at least they moving.

For uk itseems our distribution point will be in Germany.
I can copy over theemail if people want

Biggles downunder
05-21-2019, 05:23
From the FB page:

https://scontent.fcbr2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/60808006_657107568048414_4005339346080104448_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fcbr2-1.fna&oh=a80ac57ed5761ad93b34b981b9b71296&oe=5D51598A

Oh my - just when I had resigned myself to ignoring this thread until I saw the real thing!!

This is great news but it will be even better when a box like that arrives on my door step!

matt56
05-21-2019, 05:46
I received the same email, Chris - hope rises...;) I may actually have things to take to Origins, as planned...:sAprvd:

All the best,
Matt

Flying Officer Kyte
05-21-2019, 06:19
People of the Earth!
Yesterday, I received my personal "test shipment", which was 100% satisfactory: one carton for each of the main reward bundles (Martian, Invasion, Second Invasion, The Earth Strikes Back, Total War), sent individually by courier. It was an exciting moment!
After months reviewing and checking individual components, then sets, then bundles; after checking hundreds of assembly photos and watching drop-test videos, this was the final trial.
These five cartons, sturdy and well-packed, had endured the final obstacle - getting to backers' homes safe and sound. True, these cartons had already passed drop tests - but the drop test is somehow a simplification of the "real" hardships the copies go through when in transit toward your home. Better to be safe than sorry! If this final test was not fully satisfactory, we could still have asked our warehouses to add an extra carton on the outside... but fortunately, this will not be required.

Each pledge level has a specific individual shipping carton, with reinforced cardboard corners inside.
These five copies took a while to show up (transit from China to my doorstep took 10 days, including custom clearance), and this last check was not strictly necessary, as all components of the production were approved and tested already (and as I said, more shipping packaging could still be added by the fulfillment warehouse).
We were not waiting to get them to move forward. In fact, as you know from my previous update (https://emails.kickstarter.com/mpss/c/2gA/6TYCAA/t.2rs/0AyS1BZxRwiVWbSaGiRqTg/h4/Kvh8eyEDYxccobuZZtapCUX-2Buyj4rUau9-2F7EUH2fWjEgIzIn-2BMB5F4DRTGjpx9hkxTxlzKLCrYVBS11nUWxjY-2FOFFe9Aji5yTOY420UwZzORvEaag7LSskztdaBPmOpbxt7420Cf9JMUTDJz3b-2FjkA-3D-3D), on Friday of the past week our freight forwarders were already instructed to collect the production. As I write, I can confirm TRIPODS & TRIPLANES rewards are finally on the move and shipping to the four fulfillment hubs in Australia (Rival Sky), China (VFI Asia), Germany (Ludopackt) and USA (AGS).
From the USA warehouse, we will have a bulk transfer to Canada (Universal), so that Canadian backers will be fulfilled duty-free, as promised.
At this point, it is important that you make sure your address in your pledge manager account (https://emails.kickstarter.com/mpss/c/2gA/6TYCAA/t.2rs/0AyS1BZxRwiVWbSaGiRqTg/h5/D5MEQRGyfRbLBQtIPfO1LRjizigLzpAl6JPdfZbz3uOINWkd9aHIFOtkWUh3VhMm) is up to date. If you modify your address, send us a brief message, to make sure we update the address database before sending out the data to our fulfillment partners. This is especially important to do urgently for Asian backers, as the China hub (VFI Asia) is expected to receive the shipment in a few days.
At UK Games Expo next week, and at Origins in June, we will have TRIPODS & TRIPLANES demo games, but we decided not to sell any product there until the Kickstarter is fulfilled.
Roberto/Ares

Nightbomber
05-21-2019, 07:08
Anxiously waiting for the green flash in the sky.;)

To ease your tension chaps let me ask you a question: Why did the Martian landing take place near London? Those who read the book(s) should not have any trouble answering...;).

Dawn Patrol
05-21-2019, 09:48
Well, we might have them in time for Doncaster. :)

“Ares Games 11-time creator 25 minutes ago
Roughly, transit to the EU and USA warehouses takes about one month - typically 3 weeks from the sea transit, plus one week more for the internal transit. Transit to China is of course faster, and Australia normally is in-between.“

And add on the appropriate time for turnover and actual shipping to your home. Near the end of June, more or less.

Naharaht
05-21-2019, 10:27
That is good news.

clipper1801
05-21-2019, 12:24
Tick . . . Tick . . . Tick . . .

flash
05-21-2019, 15:14
Anxiously waiting for the green flash in the sky....

:envy: Wha.....

Stumptonian
05-21-2019, 15:38

:clap:

Nightbomber
05-21-2019, 15:44

:lol:

Marechallannes
05-22-2019, 03:38
I'm curious. :)

Jager
05-22-2019, 05:00
Maybe it's:.........

Nightbomber
05-22-2019, 06:26
A very nice find, Karl!:D

So, anybody up for the answer?;)

Naharaht
05-22-2019, 12:19
In H.G. Wells' story n'The War of the Worlds' when the Martian cylinders fell to Earth they were like a green falling star or meteor.

Jager
05-22-2019, 14:01
In H.G. Wells' story n'The War of the Worlds' when the Martian cylinders fell to Earth they were like a green falling star or meteor.

I think Andrzej means why London was targeted. I can't remember from reading the book, but I think it had to do with the largest city on a large island.

Karl

Dawn Patrol
05-22-2019, 22:54
Anxiously waiting for the green flash in the sky.;)

To ease your tension chaps let me ask you a question: Why did the Martian landing take place near London? Those who read the book(s) should not have any trouble answering...;).

I can’t say I remember if the book gives any explanation, but the Martians landed where Wells lived because it’s always more fun to destroy that which you are familiar with.

Nightbomber
05-23-2019, 02:53
The Martian society was an egalitarian and unified one in a planetary meaning. This unity helped them to prepare and launch space invasions. Such union must have been governed from one central point/capital city on the planet. Observing Earth, prior to the first invasion, they thought our civilisation should have had evolved in the same direction and were looking for such capital city on the surface of our planet. Their plan was to strike down such centre and knock it out in the first attack. It was obvious, that such a city should be the one generating the greatest deal of light and be the largest one visible from another planet. By the end of XIX century that was London.:)

Flying Officer Kyte
05-23-2019, 07:13
Don't panic Mr. Mainwaring, don't panic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS9KUlrytac
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS9KUlrytac)

Rob.

Nightbomber
05-23-2019, 07:33
Don't panic Mr. Mainwaring, don't panic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS9KUlrytac
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS9KUlrytac)

Rob.

"Look! Here they are! What did I tell you?!"

Naharaht
05-23-2019, 09:56
Like many alien invaders they had not heard of "Attack where your enemy is weakest!".

Nightbomber
05-23-2019, 09:57
Like many alien invaders they had not heard of "Attack where your enemy is weakest!".

That is why the mankind always wins!;)

Flying Officer Kyte
05-23-2019, 12:41
That is why the mankind always wins!;)

I have a cunning plan Mr.B.

BwanaJoe
07-07-2019, 06:26
So, I’ve been out of the loop for a bit, whats the news? Does anyone have the sets yet?

flash
07-07-2019, 08:28
So, I’ve been out of the loop for a bit, whats the news? Does anyone have the sets yet?

Check out the Any Sightings thread Joe - Tripods have landed amongst the Aussies & have spread across their continent - 'and still they come' ! ;)