PDA

View Full Version : BSG Tag in Thread Subject

Dan-Sam
01-25-2019, 04:56
Please, is it possible to have for all BSG thread subjects a prefix? In activity stream I can't see if General Discussion is for WoG or BSG. I'm not interested in BSG, so I don't want to open a thread just to see if I'm in "my" part of the Aerodrome.

flash
01-25-2019, 08:06
General Discussion could be for WGF, WGS, Post WW2, TnT not just for WoG or BSG Daniel, depending on the feed. Same goes for any other sub-forum heading. The best way round it would be to change all the headings to include their area of interest eg: BSG General Discussion; TnT Rules Help... not sure how much work that would entail. I feel your pain though.

OldGuy59
01-25-2019, 09:21
Dan,
I have PM'ed Keith [Oberst Hajj] with a suggestion for re-titling the BSG sub-forums to eliminate duplication. Hopefully, he will implement it and everyone will know what sub-forum is being presented.

BSG:
General Discussions - So Say We All
Campaign Discussions - Strategic Planning/Execution
Mission Discussions - Tactical Planning/Execution
Rules Help/Stats - Rules Help/Ship Design
Game Aides - Game Checklists & Guides
House Rules - BSG House Rules
Ship Mods/Painting - As is.

This should help, I hope.

flash
01-25-2019, 10:30
That would only eliminate BSG headings from duplication - not the others, though every little helps.
Still think it better to mark them all up, or, cut the feed but he won't do that, I've already asked... at least I persuaded him to take OTT out of equation.

OldGuy59
01-25-2019, 11:20
That would only eliminate BSG headings from duplication - not the others, though every little helps.
Still think it better to mark them all up, or, cut the feed but he won't do that, I've already asked... at least I persuaded him to take OTT out of equation.

Dave,
I am addressing the issue that Dan has brought up, as the Moderator of the BSG sub-forum.

If this has been an issue with other parts of the forum, it is up to those Moderators to deal with that. Until this came up, I have just borne with the issue between the WWI and WWII sub-forums. It has become more of an immediate problem, especially since I asked Keith to put titles on most of the BSG sections so they would harmonize (have the same look/feel) as the rest of the forum.

Now I see that is compounding an existing issue. So, perhaps a committee discussion by Moderators of the different sub-forums may be needed for an overall fix.

Oberst Hajj
01-25-2019, 15:42
Please, is it possible to have for all BSG thread subjects a prefix? In activity stream I can't see if General Discussion is for WoG or BSG. I'm not interested in BSG, so I don't want to open a thread just to see if I'm in "my" part of the Aerodrome.

This is a great suggestion Daniel, thanks for making it. I added a prefix to all of the sub-forums to help everyone out when trying to decide if they are interested in a thread/post when it shows up in the various feed locations.

flash
01-26-2019, 00:47
Thanks Boss :thumbsup:

Dan-Sam
01-28-2019, 03:17
Thank you for solving this, it helped me a lot.
Lock.