PDA

View Full Version : Possible Targets

Naharaht
11-25-2018, 23:59
Whilst searching on the internet I came across a company called Historical Board Gaming. They sell small plastic military pieces for board wargames like Axis and Allies - the board game. They are mainly WW2 pieces but they have some for WW1 and post WW2. I thought that some might possibly be used as targets.

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com

Flying Officer Kyte
11-26-2018, 01:54
Certainly cheaper than many of the metal kits.
Rob.

BwanaJoe
11-26-2018, 04:28
Nice find. I like the little flak gun.

Flying Helmut
11-26-2018, 04:37
Yes!

The Flak gun for sure................

Thanks for posting the link!

Guntruck
11-26-2018, 04:40
Useful. Thanks for posting.

Jager
11-26-2018, 11:23
Thanks for the link: I can use this for an A&A variant game that's in my head :slysmile:
Karl

BobP
11-26-2018, 12:48
I have been buying thigs from them for a few years now. Sometimes they are out of stock on some things so you have to check weekly to see what they have. For BoB games they make a radar tower you could use as a target. And as stated they are cheap.

Shadowcat
12-08-2018, 20:11
Just got my copy of Cruel seas today, the boats would make good targets though they are in 1/600 scale I think.

Flying Officer Kyte
12-09-2018, 01:35
1: 600 looks fine perspective wise unless you intend to land on them Ken.
Have a look at my Malta Convoy AAR in the solo Campaign.

Rob.

Flying Helmut
12-09-2018, 01:46
Just got my copy of Cruel seas today, the boats would make good targets though they are in 1/600 scale I think.

"Cruel Seas" is scaled at 1/300, twice as big as 1/600

Guntruck
12-09-2018, 04:01
My copy arrived yesterday but was anschlussed as a Christmas pressie by SWMBO, so I didn’t get a chance to see if the rules and other gubbins will easily lend themselves to 1/600 scale. Will have to wait and see after Chrimbo.

tikkifriend
12-09-2018, 05:06
Nice find David

Teaticket
12-09-2018, 08:07
Sweet, these will come in handy. I love the AA guns.

Shadowcat
12-09-2018, 09:17
Yep, looked it over last night..It was 1/300 scale, my bad. But a nice match for WoG stuff. The bigger fleet boxes do come with metal planes in 1/200 though. Corsair for the US, Stuka for Germany, Val for Japan, Falco for Italy, Bristol Beaufighter Mk Ic for Britain, and Il-2 Sturmovik for Russia.

And a target

Down side is the first release is missing some vital parts to the box. I got shorted all my ship flag sheets, ship data cards, and small and medium wake counters making it unplayable at this point. Fully expect them to make it good and see that future print runs are checked closer. Warlords has always been good about that.

Now to figure out how to combine WoG with the ship game. It will work better and make more sense then War Lords plane game will. HMMM...make range templates for the ship guns giving them longer range and figure out what damage decks work with what weapons mounts. Leave the hull points as they are for ships as they are close enough to work.....mumble mumble....hmmmm..will get back on this one. May need to also allow the planes 3 moves to the ships one or reduce the speed of the ships so they do not outrun the planes.

BobP
12-09-2018, 13:31
Looks like Cruel Seas might be another game to get. I know someone will come up how to combine this game with WoG.

BobP
12-09-2018, 13:47
Ken I just looked at their site and they have a download for WAKE markers. Also a YOUTUBE of the game (1+hour).

David Manley
12-09-2018, 15:03
Yep, looked it over last night..It was 1/300 scale, my bad. But a nice match for WoG stuff. The bigger fleet boxes do come with metal planes in 1/200 though. Corsair for the US, Stuka for Germany, Val for Japan, Falco for Italy, Bristol Beaufighter Mk Ic for Britain, and Il-2 Sturmovik for Russia.

And a target

Down side is the first release is missing some vital parts to the box. I got shorted all my ship flag sheets, ship data cards, and small and medium wake counters making it unplayable at this point. Fully expect them to make it good and see that future print runs are checked closer. Warlords has always been good about that.

Now to figure out how to combine WoG with the ship game. It will work better and make more sense then War Lords plane game will. HMMM...make range templates for the ship guns giving them longer range and figure out what damage decks work with what weapons mounts. Leave the hull points as they are for ships as they are close enough to work.....mumble mumble....hmmmm..will get back on this one. May need to also allow the planes 3 moves to the ships one or reduce the speed of the ships so they do not outrun the planes.

Regards your missing pieces, you don't actually need any of them to play. Everything you need is in the book

Guntruck
12-09-2018, 15:42

Thanks for the heads-up on that Ken. I need to check mine before ‘er indoors wraps mine for Xmas.

fast.git
12-09-2018, 16:05
Cruel Seas is aptly named... oh the cruelty inflicted on wallets everywhere! :money:

Models look wonderful, though.

Shadowcat
12-09-2018, 19:15
Looking like more then mine got shorted from the 6 my hobby store had. Really looks like it was rushed before Christmas and quality control screwed up badly.

As for missing stuff, all the info is in the book. Will still have to scratch build up cards and refigure out the gun arcs that are NOT in the book. Already downloaded the wake cards from the web site and REALLY need the flags for my ships. Have faith things will get sorted out though. Even thinking of taking photos and doing a how to article for their website. Been a few years since they have posted anything of mine.