PDA

View Full Version : WoW Event - Sunday, January 9th, Armoury Games in Pickerington, Ohio

The Cowman
12-21-2010, 10:56
I have spoken to the owner of Armoury Games here in Pickerington, and we will be running a casual wings of war event on Sunday, January 9th starting at 1 PM. Folks should come in to register around 12:30 PM.

I will be posting a specific list of rules and hopefully some cool prizes as I pull all of that together over the next few days (allowing for the Holidays). Watch for that here in this thread soon. I just wanted to get out the "heads up" to interested players so that they can set aside the date in advance. I hope to see a bunch of pilots there! :D

The Cowman
12-25-2010, 21:35
Wings of War Tournament – Sunday, January 9th, 2010
Armoury Games, 479 Hill Rd N, Pickerington, OH - (614) 833-1331

· Store Opens at Noon; Registration Starts at 12:30 – There is no fee to enter!
· Tournament will consist of two Rounds
Games will be played with Miniatures, You may bring your own, or a limited number of miniatures can be provided. (Be prepared to have both an Entente and a Central Powers aircraft available for use.)

Game will use rules set from RevisedDeluxe Edition Famous Aces box set.

· Single Seat Aircraft Only
· Explosion Rules will be in play.
· Jam rules will be in play
· All Special Damage Rules will be in play with two exceptions:

Fire Damage will do damage each phase rather than each turn, for a total of three phases starting the phase after the “Fire!” card is pulled. Damage is applied before movement.
Pilot Wounded will not be in play.

· Aim will be in play
· Illegal Moves will be in play
· Tailing rules will be in play
· Altitude rules will not be in play
In each round players will score Victory Points as follows:

· 3 points for each kill
· 1 point for each assist
· -2 points for disengaging
· -5 points for being shot down or crashing
· In situations where one aircraft is eliminated by damage from more than one opposing aircraft, the opposing aircraft closest to the target scores the kill, while the other shooting aircraft score an assist.
· Eliminated players will re-enter the round with their same fresh aircraft, in their deployment zone, at the beginning of the turn following their demise or escape.
Round One – 1:05 PM to 2:15 PM - Entente vs. Central Powers

· Players will choose their side or may be randomly placed.
· The highest scoring half of all players will advance to Round 2. A minimum of eight players will advance.
Round Two - 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM - Free for All Round

· Above rules apply. All damage cards will be played face up for Round Two.
· Cumulative Round One and Round Two scores will decide overall winners.

Prizes to be announced soon!

Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions or would like flyers to pass out!

CappyTom
12-26-2010, 15:22
O.K. I plan on being there. Do you need me to bring anything?

Tom

CappyTom
12-26-2010, 15:33
Hi Ken, just wondering if this is going to be listed on their, Armory Games, website?

The Cowman
12-26-2010, 17:08
I have sent the info to Bruce the owner, he told me he would put it up on the site, so I imagine it will go up in the next day or two now that Christmas is past us! I will be calling him tomorrow and taking the flyers down to him on Tuesday. I am hoping that a few of the Ohio members that I sent out a message to will spread the word... maybe even print out and spread a flyer or two for me... I would love to see us fill up the place! I know Jager has told me he will be driving in from Akron for the day!

The Cowman
12-26-2010, 17:18
O.K. I plan on being there. Do you need me to bring anything?

Tom

My apologies Tom I did not see this earlier! I am glad you are going to make it out! I have pretty much everything we will need... I only have two mats, and we will likely have to run more than one table... but we do not have to have mats for that (The tables are all carpeted)!!

CappyTom
12-26-2010, 17:37
My apologies Tom I did not see this earlier! I am glad you are going to make it out! I have pretty much everything we will need... I only have two mats, and we will likely have to run more than one table... but we do not have to have mats for that (The tables are all carpeted)!!

I will bring my mat anyway.

Jager
12-26-2010, 19:12
Hoping there's a good tavarn nearby to toast our victories, or drown our defeats...in moderation of course (since we do have to drive home afterward :p)
Karl

CappyTom
12-26-2010, 19:27
Hoping there's a good tavarn nearby to toast our victories, or drown our defeats...in moderation of course (since we do have to drive home afterward :p)
Karl

Here Here

CappyTom
12-27-2010, 12:58
What special rules are going to be included?

The Cowman
12-27-2010, 13:04
What special rules are going to be included?

Everything that is to be included, and a few things that I am emphasizing to be "not included," are all listed in the description above (2nd post). Be sure to tell me if you think I missed something...

CappyTom
12-27-2010, 16:39
Everything that is to be included, and a few things that I am emphasizing to be "not included," are all listed in the description above (2nd post). Be sure to tell me if you think I missed something...

Sorry Ken I missed it. Looks good to me.

Jager
01-04-2011, 14:02
Quick question: we need to bring minis, manuver deck for the same, control board and counters. Anything else?
Karl

The Cowman
01-04-2011, 16:57
Karl

I am sure we can find someplace with a Sunday license... I will just have to see if my ride home minds! (whoever that turns out to be!)

Quick question: we need to bring minis, manuver deck for the same, control board and counters. Anything else?
Karl

I have tons of equipment... you should be fine with just what you mentioned! Tom is bringing one extra playmat in case the pays packs (I hope it does)... but if you have one you might bring it along...

The Cowman
01-08-2011, 09:59
Last Call! Last Call for players tomorrow!

Any players in the Central Ohio Area or anyone in Ohio that feels up to a drive, registration starts at 12:15... Armoury Games is not a HUGE store, so slots for the tournament are limited... Join us for some fun, mayhem in the skies, and prizes! All the details can be found in the first two posts!

Cya there! :D:D:cool:

Pope
01-08-2011, 12:26
Hi Ken,

Hope you all have a great time.

Cheers Aled