PDA

View Full Version : Chocks Away!

A Lone Testicle
12-17-2010, 04:27
At last! As snows fell across England I finally managed to get my Wings Of War Famous Aces off the ground.

Sitting on the floor of my living room three of us managed to get airborne whilst I reminisced about Aces High a game from my past. Not concentrating I almost flew straight under the sofa! Regaining a little composure I got my Spad XIII heading in the right direction.

Five minutes later there were four planes twisting and turning around each other in the middle of my sitting room carpet. The first shots were fired, a Fokker sustained some damage, I failed to execute my first Immelman turn and almost flew under the sofa again!

The fight raged on, I looped and got a shot on the Fokker. It exploded - Hurrah! Meanwhile my friend in the Sopwith Camel continued chasing an Albatros.

By some amazing skill we both got the Albatross in our sights. It now had a stack of damage cards but all we knew was that my friends guns had jammed. The camel broke off to clear his jam and I swept round in a fairly unimpressive long turn, I should have looped but I couldn't risk the sofa again!

I ended the turn head to head with the Albatross, I drew my damage cards , eek a 4 and a 5! Totalling them up with the ones I'd already suffered it came to 15, I looked at my damage limit. Phew a limit of 16 - not dead yet but I better run. Looking across at the pilot of the Albatross as his head bent over his damage cards I sat and waited...

I'm down he said. 15 points damage.

Good Show! I thought - glad I was flying a Spad....:)

Khargor
12-17-2010, 05:18
Nice flight report :)

I'm down he said. 15 points damage.

Its such a relief when your opponent looks at you and tells you he's crashed and burnt! (Though its normally me having to say it!!:D)

flash
12-17-2010, 06:56
Excellent Mark - Wings at last, eh ? Glad to see the loop being used to good effect and you got a kill first time out. To use the parlance "Jolly good show old chap... mines a pint!"

Attila57
12-17-2010, 07:18
Nice report Mark.

The Cowman
12-17-2010, 11:02
Mark it sounds like you and your fellow pilots had a good time! Congrats on your first kill, and watch out for the sofa in your future engagements! :D

Flying Officer Kyte
12-17-2010, 11:38
Well done Mark. As SBO. I'll stand you a pint old bean.Soon have Ace status at this rate. See you in the Mess.:)
Kyte.

Hamburger
12-17-2010, 12:21
Sounds like fun! :D

Wolfbiter
12-17-2010, 14:20
Congratulations on your victory! The SPAD is a good plane...I speak from experience facing it many times!

And you were wise to avoid the sofa. Those that fly into the sofa...sometimes they do not come out! :eek:

Boney10
12-24-2010, 05:22
Nice one Mark, one in the eye for the Hun, he he