PDA

View Full Version : New Book Review, Fire in the Sky

Roger Wilco
12-07-2010, 22:02
Fire in the Sky, The Australian Flying Corps in the First World War, Michael Molkentin, Published by Allen & Unwin, ISBN 978-1-74237-072-9, 404 pages, maps and 16 pages of B/W photographs.

I picked this book up from my local library a couple of weeks ago so I haven't finished it yet, I'm still only about halfway through, but its been a fantastic read so far and I highly recommend it to any WW1 aircraft enthusiast. As the title says it covers the history but it also gives accounts of individual heroic deeds and misfortunes of pilots and observers during the conflict.

The Cowman
12-08-2010, 00:01
Fire in the Sky, The Australian Flying Corps in the First World War, Michael Molkentin, Published by Allen & Unwin, ISBN 978-1-74237-072-9, 404 pages, maps and 16 pages of B/W photographs.

I picked this book up from my local library a couple of weeks ago so I haven't finished it yet, I'm still only about halfway through, but its been a fantastic read so far and I highly recommend it to any WW1 aircraft enthusiast. As the title says it covers the history but it also gives accounts of individual heroic deeds and misfortunes of pilots and observers during the conflict.

Another one to add to the "Must read!" list. Thanks for heads up!

Attila57
12-08-2010, 03:43
I'll add it immediatly in my english books list to buy.

I'd to finish before Daniel Ford - "Flying Tigers - Claire Chennault and his American Volunteers, 1941-1942 " Ford and read Barry Rosenberg & Catherine Macaulay "Maverick of the Sky - The first daring pilots of the U.S Air Mail", two really interesting books.

Attilio

Wolf
12-08-2010, 06:50
"The Stand", Final Flight of Lt. Frank Luke, Jr.by Stephen Skinner, was an interesting book, There is also a 2 part DVD for it.. I do not the ISBN number for it,

Wolf