PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide Northern Gamers Group

Baxter
07-19-2017, 17:12
Following an invitation from Sasha at the Northern Gamers, Doug aka Windy Jack, myself, my daughter Sarah and her partner Geoffrey attended their Wednesday night meeting for a game of WWI WoG. Totally surprised to see so many players on such a cold dark night. We played 3 games of fast and furious fun there with me using my Nieuport 16 for all 3. I think 10 or 11 pilots participated in the first, 12 in the second and 11 in the last one. Great to see so many of us from the area in the same place. Thank you Sasha. :clap:

flash
07-19-2017, 22:39
Now that's a gathering of gamer's ! :thumbsup:

Flying Helmut
07-20-2017, 00:03
Quite the furball!
x 3!!!

gully_raker
07-20-2017, 16:18
:thumbsup: Great to see Wings doing so well in South Australia Gary.:clap::clap::clap::sAprvd:

Windy Jack
07-20-2017, 20:12
Following an invitation from Sasha at the Northern Gamers, Doug aka Windy Jack, myself, my daughter Sarah and her partner Geoffrey attended their Wednesday night meeting for a game of WWI WoG. Totally surprised to see so many players on such a cold dark night. We played 3 games of fast and furious fun there with me using my Nieuport 16 for all 3. I think 10 or 11 pilots participated in the first, 12 in the second and 11 in the last one. Great to see so many of us from the area in the same place. Thank you Sasha. :clap:

Yes, a very definite thank you to Sasha for taking the initiative in bringing people together.
Whether it was a cold, dark night or not, I was surprised to see so many people who were interested to have a go at WoG or who already were regular players. Now we know our regular group of 3 or 4 are not flying in an otherwise empty sky.
I started off on one side flying my Albatros D.Va, and then swapped sides flying a SPAD VII for game 2 and a Bristol F2B for the third game.

Dog of War
07-27-2017, 00:38
Well, now that was a surprise :eek: - just noticed this thread! :D

I would like to thank those who came, for without them, this would not be so big :thumbsup: (I only expected about 8 at most to turn up - and then 12 fall in, now that was quite grand!). Thanks a lot again, hope the WoG community here in SA will get better connected. I'll be writing up a short report of the mini-event soon. Got an engineering paper to finish writing up, once it is done (hopefully over the weekends), the short report will follow.

Cheers,

Sasha